Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 74

Thread: Exclusive: George Stephanopoulos Interviews Police Officer Darren Wilson

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Exclusive: George Stephanopoulos Interviews Police Officer Darren Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Completely irrelevant to the discussion that was occuring. What we do know based on the evidence is that brown was close enough to Wilson to cause Wilson to fear for his life and continue backpeddaling to keep distance. It was not 100 feet away.

    *continues banging head against desk* 100+ feet is in reference to distance from the vehicle where he was killed.


    I give up.

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Exclusive: George Stephanopoulos Interviews Police Officer Darren Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    *continues banging head against desk* 100+ feet is in reference to distance from the vehicle where he was killed.
    Here is what you said:
    at 100 feet away, unarmed, how is he a dangerous lethal threat to the office- and hence worth continuing to be shot at?
    The distance from the vehicle has nothing to do with the distance to the cop and wether a man charging you (after having just beat you) is a lethal threat.

  3. #43
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Exclusive: George Stephanopoulos Interviews Police Officer Darren Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Here is what you said:


    The distance from the vehicle has nothing to do with the distance to the cop and wether a man charging you (after having just beat you) is a lethal threat.

    No, that is not what I said. I said "let's say your account is correct" aka hypothetically debating its merits (in order to show how ridiculous they were)

    Quoting out of context, welcome to ignore list (as if you care).

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Exclusive: George Stephanopoulos Interviews Police Officer Darren Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    No, that is not what I said. I said "let's say your account is correct" aka hypothetically debating its merits (in order to show how ridiculous they were)

    Quoting out of context, welcome to ignore list (as if you care).
    Yes, you said that once out of many times. Here it is again, without such a qualifier.

    he kept advancing, while getting shot, from over 100 feet away?

    remarkable endurance/pain threshhold, and remarkable accuracy under duress with a service issued gun?
    It's obvious you believe that since he was 100 feet from the vehicle, Brown couldn't have been such a threat to require Wilson to keep shooting. It's obvious you were confused and didn't realize that things continued and changed, wether I am on the ignore list or not. I wonder if you are familiar with the blood trail going about 25 feet towards the officer.. Meaning the forensics indicate Brown changed direction and was coming back at Wilson. Obviously Brown kept advancing approximately 25 feet before being killed.

  5. #45
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,205

    Re: Exclusive: George Stephanopoulos Interviews Police Officer Darren Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    How was allowing him to testify before a GJ a good move? Did he not have a defense attorney?

    Just imagine a murder suspect being asked by the prosecution to testify to the GJ unchallenged as to the events of the incident...The GJ who is to determine whether to indict you or not.

    Just unheard of.
    I agree - and I believe I said similar at the time - in the circumstances, however, it was the right move because the forensic evidence supported his account of the event far more than the accounts of some witnesses - he did himself a favour there. But that should have been his entire on the record account of the events - the more he talks, the likelier it will be that he contradicts something previously said, even in a minor way, and that will be used against him.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Exclusive: George Stephanopoulos Interviews Police Officer Darren Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I agree with most of what you said, but I don't understand why you seem to not know the sequence of events. Wilson clearly explained every shot during the interview. Did you not watch it?
    I read Wilson's interview with the FBI(?) and it seems to match what I said well enough...

    Interview PO Darren Wilson


    http://apps.stlpublicradio.org/fergu.../evidence.html
    Last edited by Moot; 11-26-14 at 02:49 PM.

  7. #47
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Exclusive: George Stephanopoulos Interviews Police Officer Darren Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    The answers to your questions would be evident if you knew something about GJ testimony and proceedings.
    I need to stop using question marks for rhetorical questions.

    It is evident that allowing wilson to testify unchallenged before the GJ was an excellent move for someone the DA NEVER treated as "the accused".

    Secondly, it is also evident that wilson did not need a defense attorney as the FPD and the DA worked as his defense team.


  8. #48
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Exclusive: George Stephanopoulos Interviews Police Officer Darren Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I agree - and I believe I said similar at the time - in the circumstances, however, it was the right move because the forensic evidence supported his account of the event far more than the accounts of some witnesses - he did himself a favour there. But that should have been his entire on the record account of the events - the more he talks, the likelier it will be that he contradicts something previously said, even in a minor way, and that will be used against him.
    Exactly.

    As to the testimony presented the Gj, If the DA were to looking for an indictment for a civilian suspect, the DA would have never [IMO] present any testimony or evidence that would have not work toward and indictment.

    Clearly this was not a case the DA was working for an indictment. Very much unlike every other GJ proceedings called for by the DA.


  9. #49
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,205

    Re: Exclusive: George Stephanopoulos Interviews Police Officer Darren Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    Exactly.

    As to the testimony presented the Gj, If the DA were to looking for an indictment for a civilian suspect, the DA would have never [IMO] present any testimony or evidence that would have not work toward and indictment.

    Clearly this was not a case the DA was working for an indictment. Very much unlike every other GJ proceedings called for by the DA.
    I agree with that. I have no evidence to prove it, but I believe the DA had no intention of bringing this to a GJ and he was forced by politics to bring it. That's why he took no position in the matter and why he presented all evidence supporting all sides, unvarnished.

    In some respects, that's probably the way all evidence should be presented at GJs - let trying the case wait for the trial.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #50
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Exclusive: George Stephanopoulos Interviews Police Officer Darren Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I agree with that. I have no evidence to prove it, but I believe the DA had no intention of bringing this to a GJ and he was forced by politics to bring it. That's why he took no position in the matter and why he presented all evidence supporting all sides, unvarnished.

    In some respects, that's probably the way all evidence should be presented at GJs - let trying the case wait for the trial.
    The DA presented all the evidence that was available. How would that guarantee an acquittal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •