Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 104

Thread: Boehner: I'm ready to 'reappoint' members to special Benghazi panel in new Congress

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Boehner: I'm ready to 'reappoint' members to special Benghazi panel in new Congre

    Imo, this is almost entirelyt about power and virtually NOTHING to do with those Americans that dies that day.


    Partisan politics is destroying America.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Boehner: I'm ready to 'reappoint' members to special Benghazi panel in new Congre

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary doesn't scare anyone, ( maybe herself when she looks in the mirror every morning )

    She went out and campaigned for Democrats in the Mid terms.

    Did it help ? NO

    Did Democrats who ran on being " Clinton " Democrats win their elections ? NO

    Has Marry Landrieu of Louisiana called Hillary down to help her Win her run-off election ? NO

    She's as toxic as Obama.
    She's also damaged goods because she's establishment and has already lost out to a junior senator.
    Highly overrated.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Boehner: I'm ready to 'reappoint' members to special Benghazi panel in new Congre

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    It depends on how it is brought out.....as to the Select Committee. Its difference is in the action it can take. Whereas the other committees (plural) couldn't take any action.

    Although the Senate Committee did file the lawsuit to Compel Morrell to Testify as to who was changing talking points. All it took was filing it to the court and presto chango. Someone grabs the Mic. Not many mention that part. Especially not those on the left here. Its like they were trying to avoid that fact.

    It isn't purely for politics when none has taken any responsibility other than saying those words. Moreover.....Clinton never checked back on her people to see if they made it out alive. Which was confirmed by herself that she did not speak to anyone until the next morning, after talking to Hicks.

    While not a crime in itself.....it does point to her True Character.
    I think enough is known about her True Character, its why people are so disgusted.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Boehner: I'm ready to 'reappoint' members to special Benghazi panel in new Congre

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So then Boehner is in cahoots with Obama? Yes?
    In cahoots? LOL. Under one scenario yes. Under a second no, he is coerced. Under a third he has his own reasons.

    I suppose using your framework that Chief Justice Robert is/was in cahoots with the Father of Lies as well.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Boehner: I'm ready to 'reappoint' members to special Benghazi panel in new Congre

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    And are you saying that a Republican-led Select Intelligence Committee who investigated the Benghazi attack 6-times worked against their own self-interests here?
    There is a select committee on benghazi website. They were started up this year. They held a few hearings and reviewed reports that other, non-select committees created. I did not spend much time looking for more data, for example their budget, the qualifications of the investigative staff and so on. Perhaps 2015 will be different. Given that this committee has existed for at least half a year perhaps they will be fully funded and fully staffed quickly. I hope so.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Boehner: I'm ready to 'reappoint' members to special Benghazi panel in new Congre

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    Than why keep bringing up Benghazi? A Republican led committee found no wrong doing with the Obama administration's handling of the matter. Why Lindsey Graham (R SC) is cussing out his own party for having the gumption of showing actual objectivity with their findings instead of sticking with the usual "go team go; raw team raw" attitude.
    No wrong doing ??

    First there was the obvious cover up. Obama and Hillary chose to perpetuate a lie about how 4 Americans lost their lives because it was Politically advantageous.

    Democrats are such low life scum.

    Second, they had NO BACK UP PLAN in place. No rescue plan. No off-site military assets for a Consulate that had a 12 foot hole blown it's its wall 2 weeks prior.

    No plan B for a consulate that was in such a dangerous area that ALL OTHER Western Nations AND the Red Cross bailed the hell out of there.

    All they could think of is " we need a Political narrative for the 2012 election."

    That meant MORE than the safety of the people they were responsible for protecting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    Mollie Z Hemmingway of the Federalist is having a conniption and Newt Gingrich is having a theory that probably deserves to be thought of as belonging to some far-fetched tabloid.

    I'll say it again: the GOP is frightened of that Hillary run off in 16.

    You can repeat that nonsense until your'e blue in the face. It's still nonsense.

    Hillary couldn't even sway mid term elections with her APPEARANCE let alone allowing Democrat candidates to call themselves " Clinton Democrats "

    Again, Democrats are low lifes.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  7. #97
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Boehner: I'm ready to 'reappoint' members to special Benghazi panel in new Congre

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    No wrong doing ??

    First there was the obvious cover up. Obama and Hillary chose to perpetuate a lie about how 4 Americans lost their lives because it was Politically advantageous.

    Democrats are such low life scum.

    Second, they had NO BACK UP PLAN in place. No rescue plan. No off-site military assets for a Consulate that had a 12 foot hole blown it's its wall 2 weeks prior.

    No plan B for a consulate that was in such a dangerous area that ALL OTHER Western Nations AND the Red Cross bailed the hell out of there.

    All they could think of is " we need a Political narrative for the 2012 election."

    That meant MORE than the safety of the people they were responsible for protecting.
    If what you say is true, you can go ask why that Republican led committee misinformed the public.




    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You can repeat that nonsense until your'e blue in the face. It's still nonsense.

    Hillary couldn't even sway mid term elections with her APPEARANCE let alone allowing Democrat candidates to call themselves " Clinton Democrats "

    Again, Democrats are low lifes.
    People generally do not come out and vote in mid-terms; it happens with every President.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Boehner: I'm ready to 'reappoint' members to special Benghazi panel in new Congre

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Help me/us to understand why this is so important.



    And are you saying that a Republican-led Select Intelligence Committee who investigated the Benghazi attack 6-times worked against their own self-interests here?

    I have to agree with Hatuey on this one. It's as if the Republican-led House will keep at this Benghazi issue not because they're really trying to get to the truth but because they're on a witch hunt and they'll continue to hold investigation after investigation forming and reforming such investigative bodies until they get the result - not answers...results - they want. It's not about truth telling. It's about digging up dirt against the opposing party (leadership) just so they can eventually be able to say to their constituents, "See! We told you their was more about this incident than was being told. And we finally got to the truth!". It's like the person who just has to prove that lightening can strike twice in the same place. Never happened yet, but they're bound and determine to prove that it does happen.


    Why is that so important, was due to them attacking us. When we were given 3 days notice from the Libyans prior to 911 of a possible attack. After threats were made on Stevens life. BO and his Team immediately and persistently characterized what had occurred in Benghazi not as an act of terrorism, but as a spontaneous, unplanned uprising that happened, coincidentally, to take place on the anniversary of 9/11. Moreover, the administration portrayed the attack as an event that had evolved from what began as a low-level protest against an obscure YouTube video that disparaged Muslims and their faith. In reality, however, within a few hours following the attack, U.S. intelligence agencies had already gained more than enough evidence to conclude unequivocally that the attack on the mission in Benghazi was a planned terrorist incident, not a spontaneous act carried out in reaction to a video. Indeed, the video had nothing whatsoever to do with the attack.

    Given the realities it is likely that the Bo Team's post-September 11 actions were aimed at drawing public attention away from a number of highly important facts. Which then has to do with the What the State Dept has Denied and testified to and the CIA.

    No, that's why I have up Graham Statement as to the Senate Intelligence Committee and as to the House Intel Committees. Moreover A Select committee is made up of both parties. Although there was only One Select House Intel Committee not 6. Gowdy was the Start of second earlier this year and the only to enforce action with Depositions. Also Graham has been calling for a Congressional Select Committee. Senate and House. So its not just Boehner.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Boehner: I'm ready to 'reappoint' members to special Benghazi panel in new Congre

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    If what you say is true, you can go ask why that Republican led committee misinformed the public.




    People generally do not come out and vote in mid-terms; it happens with every President.

    The Republican led Committee didn't adress the fact that Obama, Hillary and the Democrats perpetuated a false narrative for the purpose of covering up the deaths of 4 American citizens.

    And LOVE how your'e dealing with the beat down the Democrats received a couple of weeks ago.

    LOVE IT !! Keep it up.

    Keep up the delusional justification of your party's thorough beat down.

    Obama said it was HIS policies on the ballot.

    Thank you Peebo. You were honest just once and it did the GOP a world of good.

  10. #100
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Boehner: I'm ready to 'reappoint' members to special Benghazi panel in new Congre

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Why is that so important, was due to them attacking us. When we were given 3 days notice from the Libyans prior to 911 of a possible attack. After threats were made on Stevens life. BO and his Team immediately and persistently characterized what had occurred in Benghazi not as an act of terrorism, but as a spontaneous, unplanned uprising that happened, coincidentally, to take place on the anniversary of 9/11. Moreover, the administration portrayed the attack as an event that had evolved from what began as a low-level protest against an obscure YouTube video that disparaged Muslims and their faith. In reality, however, within a few hours following the attack, U.S. intelligence agencies had already gained more than enough evidence to conclude unequivocally that the attack on the mission in Benghazi was a planned terrorist incident, not a spontaneous act carried out in reaction to a video. Indeed, the video had nothing whatsoever to do with the attack.
    Actually, the President did characterize the event as "an act of terror". What he didn't do was call it an out-right "terrorist act". Semantics...a play on words...perhaps and to some it makes a difference. Frankly, I didn't get all that caught up in such a characterization. Why? Because it's all about putting things in perspective. I mean, whose "he lied" turned admission of truth did more significant harm? Pres. Obama's 3-day delay on calling Benghazi a terrorist attack or former Pres. GW Bush finally admitting the evidence that brought us to war w/Iraq was faulty years later? A little perspective goes a long way. I try not to get wrapped around the axial over small stuff.

    Given the realities it is likely that the Bo Team's post-September 11 actions were aimed at drawing public attention away from a number of highly important facts. Which then has to do with the What the State Dept has Denied and testified to and the CIA.
    Maybe so, but 3 years, 6 investigations and a few Congressional Hearing later and they've found nothing hinting of any wrong doing. So, what "highly important facts" do you think they're hiding that haven't already been made public?
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •