Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: Officer Wilson pens letter to supporters

  1. #21
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,864

    Re: Officer Wilson pens letter to supporters

    [QUOTE=MACS-24;1064028919]
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post

    Because it stokes the fire, as the riots have shown - facts be damned, and further endangers Wilson's life. The fact that his general address and new wife info has been provided by careless journalism does not help.

    Defense can come later. He's cleared at the state level no need to jeapordize his freedom or safety this soon after.

    That's my interpretation of SMTA's comment.
    Well said - thank you.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  2. #22
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,352

    Re: Officer Wilson pens letter to supporters

    [QUOTE=SMTA;1064029070]
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post

    I don't disagree.

    Discretion is the better part of valor.

    The folks in Ferguson don't care, and it serves no value now.

    The GJ decision to return a No Bill has already exonerated him, so he has no reason to defend his actions.

    Silence is golden.
    Good morning, SMTA.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours from my house! Enjoy the day!

  3. #23
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Officer Wilson pens letter to supporters

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    While I am fine with his actions, his smartest move right now would be to STFU.
    Agreed. It could be depicted as an attempt to sway the jury pool or the legal system and could inflame others.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #24
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Officer Wilson pens letter to supporters

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I'm sorry, as I wrote, I had no intent to be disrespectful. Obviously you missed that. It has been presented a thousand times, including in the statement of the DA when the GJ decision was announced, that Officer Wilson called for backup after his initial stop when he observed the cigars in Brown's hand, and his perfect match to the broadcast description of the assaulter who committed strong arm robbery at the market.

    It just seems rather remarkable that someone who apparently has paid no attention to the case would question anything about it.
    Was what you claim... in the official testimony that you read... or news reports you heard??? You seem to question other's understanding of the evidence, yet never cite your source[s].

    Did you read the official transcripts of the witness depositions by the FDP, to the DA, or testimony given by witnesses in the GJ proceedings???


    Officer Wilson called for backup after his initial stop when he observed the cigars in Brown's hand, and his perfect match to the broadcast description of the assaulter who committed strong arm robbery at the market.
    I don't think you have read any transcript of any testimony. I think you have pieced together your version from newspaper and Tv reports and forum posts.

    If you had read anything in the official transcript bout "cigars in the hand as reasoning" you would have posted the citation. If I had taken the time to read the transcript, I would have made sure that I used it to prove my point, claim, or contention.


  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Officer Wilson pens letter to supporters

    [QUOTE=SMTA;1064029070]
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post

    I don't disagree.

    Discretion is the better part of valor.

    The folks in Ferguson don't care, and it serves no value now.

    The GJ decision to return a No Bill has already exonerated him, so he has no reason to defend his actions.

    Silence is golden.
    I guess it is a personal and personality decision. Myself I would be in their faces saying what I think of people who think a cop should not shoot a man who attacks him and tries to take his gun. I tend to have a confrontational attitude though which is reflected in my name I guess which was given to me early in life as my character rapidly developed.

    Ahiga, he fights.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Officer Wilson pens letter to supporters

    [QUOTE=MACS-24;1064028919]
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post

    Because it stokes the fire, as the riots have shown - facts be damned, and further endangers Wilson's life. The fact that his general address and new wife info has been provided by careless journalism does not help.

    Defense can come later. He's cleared at the state level no need to jeapordize his freedom or safety this soon after.

    That's my interpretation of SMTA's comment.
    IMO this guy needs to tell the protester to STFU

    EDIT: You know what, I think we all need to tell these rioters to STFU. I am sick and tired of watching these morons loot and burn and the response is to give them more goodies and wring our hands F*** that!

  7. #27
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: Officer Wilson pens letter to supporters

    [QUOTE=lifeisshort;1064029196]
    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post

    IMO this guy needs to tell the protester to STFU
    You were questioning rights about speaking out. There is a right to "peacefully" protest.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Officer Wilson pens letter to supporters

    [QUOTE=MACS-24;1064029212]
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post

    You were questioning rights about speaking out. There is a right to "peacefully" protest.
    I am talking about the rioters more than the peaceful protesters but even they need to STFU. The evidence is overwhelming and they are protesting the wind and the rain.

  9. #29
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,864

    Re: Officer Wilson pens letter to supporters

    [QUOTE=lifeisshort;1064029184]
    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    I guess it is a personal and personality decision. Myself I would be in their faces saying what I think of people who think a cop should not shoot a man who attacks him and tries to take his gun. I tend to have a confrontational attitude though which is reflected in my name I guess which was given to me early in life as my character rapidly developed.

    Ahiga, he fights.
    I am the same, but some fights cannot be won no matter how right you are.

    I try and exercise the wisdom to know the difference.

    Those who condemn him will never accept facts or truth, so why bother?
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #30
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,864

    Re: Officer Wilson pens letter to supporters

    [QUOTE=lifeisshort;1064029196]
    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post

    IMO this guy needs to tell the protester to STFU

    EDIT: You know what, I think we all need to tell these rioters to STFU. I am sick and tired of watching these morons loot and burn and the response is to give them more goodies and wring our hands F*** that!
    Folks who act like fools and burn and loot their own town have to live with the results.

    Let them, as I don't care.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •