Page 90 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 1200

Thread: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

  1. #891
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    So it took more than 5 minutes. He was indicted though, correct? And probably rightfully so. The point being, grand juries and juries are always reluctant to indict or convict a cop simply because of the uniform. That is the bottom line.
    Your point was ridiculous. "He would have been indicted in 5 minutes". Not true, and you don't know anything about how grand juries work.

    He was convicted because unlike in the Brown case, there were no lying witnesses, there was forensic evidence, and indicting him was the right decision.

    By a grand jury, no less. The kind of jury you people are attacking without having any knowledge of what they are and how they work.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #892
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    So it took more than 5 minutes. He was indicted though, correct? And probably rightfully so. The point being, grand juries and juries are always reluctant to indict or convict a cop simply because of the uniform. That is the bottom line.
    Any reluctance is not because of the uniform but rather because these are the men and women who train constantly to stay within the law. Civilians, not so much.

  3. #893
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    Who are "their"?
    Protesters and rioters. We have a system in place meant to ensure their safety. Their willful attempts to destroy that endanger everyone. They need to be detained if they are a threat to the property and lives of others.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #894
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Your point was ridiculous. "He would have been indicted in 5 minutes". Not true, and you don't know anything about how grand juries work.

    He was convicted because unlike in the Brown case, there were no lying witnesses, there was forensic evidence, and indicting him was the right decision.

    By a grand jury, no less. The kind of jury you people are attacking without having any knowledge of what they are and how they work.
    LOL....I am a criminal law attorney.....I think I know a little about how grand juries work. Too funny.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #895
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    Published evidence? The only "evidence" that is worth a damn... is that which is presented in court of law. Police investigated assessment or findings is not evidence.

    Only in Ferguson does the defendant...[the person under investigation] get to give his side of the incident to the GJ.
    Ferguson Witnesss Told Investigators That Michael Brown Charged Cop "Like a Football Player. Head Down" | The Smoking Gun


    " A handwritten witness account stating that the teenager charged at Officer Darren Wilson “like a football player. Head down.

    The unidentified witness wrote that the 18-year-old Brown “has his arms out with attitude,” while “The cop just stood there.” The witness added, “Dang if that kid didn’t start running right at the cop like a football player. Head down.”

    The witness told of hearing “3 bangs,” but “the big kid wouldn’t stop.”


    You Lose........
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  6. #896
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    That man should be arrested. He incited a riot.
    He won't be, because of the optics of such a move.

    But by law, he should be held accountable for his role. He said "burn this bitch" and "burn this mother****er" to an angry crowd which proceeded to commit mass arson and drive away firefighters with handguns.

    The protesters' actions last night were beyond the pale.

  7. #897
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Any reluctance is not because of the uniform but rather because these are the men and women who train constantly to stay within the law.
    It absolutely is about the uniform.. Jurors will bend over backwards to find reasons not to convict or indict.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #898
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....I am a criminal law attorney.....I think I know a little about how grand juries work. Too funny.
    No you aren't. You've proven that to be so right here.

  9. #899
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No you aren't. You've proven that to be so right here.
    OK....tell that to the California Bar and my employer. Maybe it is you who doesn't understand and are projecting.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #900
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    OK....tell that to the California Bar and my employer. Maybe it is you who doesn't understand and are projecting.
    Sure I'd love to inform the bar that there is someone who doesn't understand the grand jury system masquerading as a lawyer on an internet forum. Same with your employer.

Page 90 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •