Page 82 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1200

Thread: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

  1. #811
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but there were witnesses who saw it as a inappropriate use of force by wilson
    which causes there to be probable cause to have a trial to determine where the truth is
    Wtf?

    What witnesses think is an unreasonable use of force is irrelevant as to whether it really is or isn't.
    And their belief does not establish probable cause.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #812
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Have you read his statement? Pretty much the entire thing:
    Officer Darren Wilson's story is unbelievable. Literally. - Vox
    An op-ed is your evidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #813
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    It actually is. That is how MANY jury trials are determined...by jurors listening to both sides of the story and determining who is credible. The grand jury didn't understand their role in the process ....either that or they simply chose to let the thug walk because he carries a badge.
    Or they listened to everything and determined there was no probable cause. Which is also how many cases are decided.

    From what I have heard, it sounds like the GJ took the job seriously, wanted to ensure they had all evidence before making a decision and (even witnesses that supported Michael Brown indicated) were not biased one way or the other while asking good questions.

  4. #814
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Be more specific next time. Your question could have gone both eays.
    No it actually couldn't have. And it was specific.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I don't know that it's definitive, but I can't see it happening.
    Thank you, but I think it was already answered in the affirmative by tres.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #815
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,336

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    In order to ACTUALLY believe that justice was NOT served here...you would have to believe a conspiracy theory so incredible it would make the 9/11 conspiracies look like small potatoes. Think about all the twists and turns you have to go through to believe such nonsense. OTHER AFRICAN AMERICANS -including one with a handwritten letter- described the event the SAME WAY THE OFFICER DID. the witnesses who's stories DIDN'T match up with the officer ALSO didn't match with the DNA and physical evidence at the scene(by the way, those people should be thrown in jail for perjury_).
    Greetings, Joe Trumps.

    1) Three separate autopsies ordered by Holder - why? It appears he was hoping for something that wasn't found. 2) "Witnesses' stories changed when they were found to be untrue? Isn't that perjury? 3) There were three blacks on the Grand Jury - does the outcome have to be unanimous, or simply a majority, since their only role is to determine if a case has enough merit to go to trial? Other than more destruction, what's next?

    4) Why were businesses looted and burned - what did they have to do with this case? They and their employees now have no jobs, and it was black-owned businesses that were targeted by other blacks. Who thought that was a good idea? 5) Police cars burned? Taxpayers paid for those - who pays for new ones? This is a nightmare!

  6. #816
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,180

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    And it's just as easy for other critics to claim that he did need to use the force that he did.

    If we weren't there at the time none of us (Including me!) really know what happened and what the results should be.

    I will say that this won't be over for Officer Wilson anytime soon.
    This is true, but the benefit of the doubt always lies with the defendant in such matters and especially so if the defendant is a police officer. And you're right about things not being over for Wilson - the feds are still nosing around, but there's no apparent evidence that Wilson did anything justifying federal charges - and the civil courts will get their crack, but more likely the police department, city and state will be the primary defendants there.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #817
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There was probable cause based on the unbelievability of Wilson's statement alone. It doesn't read true.
    And you are wrong because it does.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #818
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    It actually is. That is how MANY jury trials are determined...by jurors listening to both sides of the story and determining who is credible. The grand jury didn't understand their role in the process ....either that or they simply chose to let the thug walk because he carries a badge.
    All of which you believe solely because you wish that to be so in direct contradiction of all of the evidence. It is you who does not seem willing to understand the GJ.s place in the process or what their duties entail.

  9. #819
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Now that all the evidence is all public, it is clear that there was no necessity to even convene a grand jury except for as a show of good will.


    Frankly, in the wake of their incitement to arson now becoming public, it now appears that Brown's mother and stepfather should be arrested and / or subject to class action lawsuit due to civil liability.

  10. #820
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wtf?

    What witnesses think is an unreasonable use of force is irrelevant as to whether it really is or isn't.
    And their belief does not establish probable cause.
    actually, witnesses stating they saw brown with his hands in a surrender position prior to being gunned down does seem to offer a perspective of events which necessitates a jury trial to sort out fact from fiction
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 82 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •