Page 77 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1200

Thread: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

  1. #761
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    In order to ACTUALLY believe that justice was NOT served here...you would have to believe a conspiracy theory so incredible it would make the 9/11 conspiracies look like small potatoes. Think about all the twists and turns you have to go through to believe such nonsense. OTHER AFRICAN AMERICANS -including one with a handwritten letter- described the event the SAME WAY THE OFFICER DID. the ones who's stories don't match up also don't match with the DNA and physical evidence at the scene(by the way, those people should be thrown in jail for perjury_).
    The prosecutor said last night he won't go after them for perjury. That's probably a bone being thrown, and it's wrong. Perjury is a serious matter.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #762
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    It wasn't a one sided presentation. It followed the standards of all grand jury proceedings.
    i disagree
    from what i have seen it was a one sided presentation which sought to exculpate wilson from responsibility for his actions
    read this and see how reasonable it sounds:
    Officer Darren Wilson's story is unbelievable. Literally. - Vox
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #763
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but this exhibits the bias of the prosecutor
    to place the non-witnesses on the stand to testify they did not see the events unfold
    Seriously?

    They had no idea that these people were or were not actual witnesses until their testimony was given and measured against the physical evidence, the testimony of other witnesses, and cross examined by the jurors themselves.

    By your standard, it would appear that you think the prosecutors office knew what had happened without, and before, hearing all the evidence. That is not possible.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  4. #764
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I feel awful for the officer and I really feel for his wife and his family. I'm a mother....I can't imagine seeing posts and tweets and shout outs to kill him and people acting like monsters as they did last night all because the evidence wasn't there to bring charges against him.

    It's a sick and twisted world we live in that this is going on.
    What I find particularly ironic that the same community that utilized civil rights groups and legislation to protect themselves after generations of "mob justice" was screaming the loudest to do the same.

    The facts didn't matter, they attacked their own shops, and they attacked other minorities who had nothing to do with this.

    Freaking amazing.

  5. #765
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i believe it was a flawed grand jury proceeding because it was a one-sided manipulation by the prosecutor
    a prosecutor who has a natural alliance with the police force whose testimony is useful to the prosecutor when he is prosecuting cases
    he was asked to recuse himself
    and he would not
    why
    So in other words, you're claiming this was a conspiracy, run by the prosecutor with the approval of theoretically many other people.

    How did this same man with a "natural alliance" with the police force manage to convince these witnesses to admit to the Grand Jury that they lied about their original statements that Wilson was at fault? Bribery?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #766
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    We all have our biases in such events. I do find it interesting that you refer to Brown as an 18 yr old "that he can't control". You are aware, I hope, that police officers are authorized to use deadly force in situations where a suspect "can't be controlled" and is a danger.

    It will be interesting, at least for me, to see the transcripts of the evidence provided should that become available. We're not likely to hear from Officer Wilson until years from now when the federal and civil actions have run their course. Since he agreed to testify in this grand jury process, I want to hear what he had to say about the situation and his mindset.
    It's easy for armchair critics to claim he didn't need to use the force he did
    - that ignores daily life as a police officer.


    And it's just as easy for other critics to claim that he did need to use the force that he did.

    If we weren't there at the time none of us (Including me!) really know what happened and what the results should be.

    I will say that this won't be over for Officer Wilson anytime soon.

  7. #767
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    that's the whole point
    there was sufficient probable cause to go to trial
    not allowing it to do so, by a manipulated grand jury proceeding, undermines the pursuit of justice and the public's trust in our justice system
    Grand Juries determine whether or not there is a case against a particular defendent strong enough to warrant going to trial. The prosecutor has every advantage in a grand jury proceeding. The only way a preliminary hearing could have benefitted the prosecution is if it was overseen by a judge who was vulnerable to political pressure. If anything, a preliminary hearing would have been more favorable to the defense than a grand jury as the defendant is the one denied an advocate in a grand jury proceeding, not the prosecution.

  8. #768
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i disagree
    from what i have seen it was a one sided presentation which sought to exculpate wilson from responsibility for his actions
    read this and see how reasonable it sounds:
    Officer Darren Wilson's story is unbelievable. Literally. - Vox
    No, Ezra Klein's opinion isn't relevant, sorry.

    Or perhaps he has no idea how a grand jury works either.

    What "other side" were you looking to have presented? The witnesses were all allowed to testify - the ones who were sympathetic to Brown. And most of them admitted they lied, misstated, or weren't even there. That's the other side of a grand jury process. It was presented. Including physical evidence and not one, not two, but three autopsy reports.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #769
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Fact, Michael Brown just robbed a store.
    Fact, Michael Brown was noticed by police for walking in the middle of a road.
    Fact, Michael brown charged a cop.
    Fact, Miachel brown was shot for his poor choices and threatening actions.


    Motive, opportunity, and means. A grand jury would not be able to indict on this.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #770
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    No, Ezra Klein's opinion isn't relevant, sorry.

    Or perhaps he has no idea how a grand jury works either.

    What "other side" were you looking to have presented? The witnesses were all allowed to testify - the ones who were sympathetic to Brown. And most of them admitted they lied, misstated, or weren't even there. That's the other side of a grand jury process. It was presented. Including physical evidence and not one, not two, but three autopsy reports.
    but there were witnesses who saw it as a inappropriate use of force by wilson
    which causes there to be probable cause to have a trial to determine where the truth is
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 77 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •