Page 67 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 1200

Thread: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

  1. #661
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,153

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Nope. I have no problem with a cop using deadly force where it is warranted. Here it clearly was not. Like I said....hopefully one day the good cops out there (and I will say that they vastly outnumber the bad) will get wise to the fact that the code of silence makes it much more difficult to do their job. They should actively help weed out the bad apples, but all too often their sense of brotherhood does not allow them to do this. Hopefully that will change one day.
    "Clearly it was not"?

    Were you on the Grand Jury? It would appear that you were. I'm interested...please point to the specific evidence that you saw/heard that makes you say that.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #662
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    "Clearly it was not"?

    Were you on the Grand Jury? It would appear that you were. I'm interested...please point to the specific evidence that you saw/heard that makes you say that.
    It's all public now.

    And clearly by evidence he was justified in this shooting.

    There was no reason to even have the grand jury except for as an attempt to appease the mob. The mob will not be appeased.

  3. #663
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,850

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    "Clearly it was not"?

    Were you on the Grand Jury? It would appear that you were. I'm interested...please point to the specific evidence that you saw/heard that makes you say that.
    I read the published details from Wilson's testimony, and I have no problem with his actions.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  4. #664
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,452

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Nope. I have no problem with a cop using deadly force where it is warranted. Here it clearly was not. Like I said....hopefully one day the good cops out there (and I will say that they vastly outnumber the bad) will get wise to the fact that the code of silence makes it much more difficult to do their job. They should actively help weed out the bad apples, but all too often their sense of brotherhood does not allow them to do this. Hopefully that will change one day.
    Why was it clearly not needed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #665
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,153

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    I read the published details from Wilson's testimony, and I have no problem with his actions.
    No problem with Disney's actions?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #666
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You keep gnawing at a statement I never made. I said it's part of an ideology. That type of argument is attributed to right wing ideologies. Do you want to pretend you're not right wing, now?
    Wait until I sign off and try to repair your wrongs, yeah got it. The simple fact is, misapplying a certain viewpoint to me was a dodge in the first place. Funny, I stepped up when I was wrong, you stepped back, ducked and weaved.

  7. #667
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,046

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Wait until I sign off and try to repair your wrongs, yeah got it. The simple fact is, misapplying a certain viewpoint to me was a dodge in the first place. Funny, I stepped up when I was wrong, you stepped back, ducked and weaved.
    Lmao - I literally posted my response when you were still online. I can even prove it. You're not right wing now? That's not an argument made by the right wing ideology? You need to stop this before you look even worse.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #668
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,429

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You make a very good point- the difference between protestors, rioters and agitators. For it only takes a couple of big mouth agitators to instigate and whip things up to produce the rioters and protestors. And we know for a fact over the last couple of months that place has had numerous visits of some very big mouths whooping up the crowd.


    Finally this thread appears to be touching on the root of the problem. In the hopes this will NOT offend, but from where I sit America IS obsessed with race, anytime there is a black-non black confrontation, the headlines are soon filled with it.

    The details of this have been hashed, re-hashed and hashhished to death, nothing changes and nothing will change by arguing them further.

    This is far greater a problem than the single incident of a white cop shooting a black kid. This strikes at the soft underbelly of the growing distrust in the nation's institutions, from the civil service, to the police, to firefighters [who were attacked trying to fight the fires] to the courts and ultimately to the presidency. The trust isn't just gone, it's rotting in grave.

    Why is this "no surprise"? Weeks and weeks have been spent with civic leaders, clergy, and the president himself have spoken to the community to "remain calm" in their legal protests, and in minutes all that evaporated. The situation was as raw as the day it happened, ripe for manipulation. How in the name of God could no one see this coming? No one in DP has even expressed surprise.

    That instigators and activists have exploited the tension is no surprise either, at least it shouldn't be, but there again we see the enormity of the issue, and the complete disconnect of the community, the police, and the president.

    The sad news is I don't see Ferguson as the last one of these either. Noting is being resolved here.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #669
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lmao - I literally posted my response when you were still online. I can even prove it. You're not right wing now? That's not an argument made by the right wing ideology? You need to stop this before you look even worse.
    More dodging. And no, you characterized me as having specific views on guns that I don't hold and for proof you posted some of SMTA's posts, that's what drew him into the discussion. Even that was a dodge from the smack down your little hate filled anti-cop rant received.

    No, you need me to stop so folks will forget what you've posted and how wrong you were.

  10. #670
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,046

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    More dodging. And no, you characterized me as having specific views on guns
    Did I? Show us the post. I'll wait. However, here, I've got a prophecy for you: I said an ideology held that specific view. That ideology being the right wing.

    Did you give up on trying to tell people I responded after you left? Or did you see the time of the response and decided to drop that too?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •