Page 105 of 120 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1200

Thread: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

  1. #1041
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    06-23-15 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    203

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That doesn't excuse you from rational discourse.
    Then what do they want? The sane protesters that is.

  2. #1042
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here

    Quote Originally Posted by avery45 View Post
    Then what do they want? The sane protesters that is.
    To get to the mountain top. Their impetus for the protest might not be legit according to the current case, but there is an underlying motive founded in opposition to systemic privilege.

  3. #1043
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,155

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I'm certainly not attempting to compare the scale of the two incidents. However, with Ferguson (discussions here and elsewhere), I've seen people advocate shooting looters, people calling the rioters savages, etc. With Keene ... crickets. And part of me can't help but wonder if some of the reason for that is because the Keene perps were largely white.
    Most of me thinks the reason is that they didn't even know about Keene.

    And there was no looting in Keene. No stores were damaged, nobody was taking anything out on innocent business owners in the name of "justice".

    I don't agree with calls to shoot anyone either. But I do think the looters in Ferguson can be accurately described as savages. The idiots who acted up in Keene were also savages.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #1044
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,455

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    No, I did not. What is your point?
    If there's no thread to bitch about it, then you can't bitch that no one bitched about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #1045
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    11-28-14 @ 10:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    55

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I'm certainly not attempting to compare the scale of the two incidents. However, with Ferguson (discussions here and elsewhere), I've seen people advocate shooting looters, people calling the rioters savages, etc. With Keene ... crickets. And part of me can't help but wonder if some of the reason for that is because the Keene perps were largely white.
    Its the Johnny Manziel syndrome........the liberal press gets tired of constantly having to report the criminal behavior of black athletes like Ray Rice (domestic violence); Ray Lewis (involvement in a double murder), Michael Irving (cocaine; domestic violence), etc. So any time they can find a White player that parties and doesn't do the 'Aw sucks, anything I can do for the team' routine they jump all over it. Manziel got front court tickets to an NBA game (he's from a well to do family), went to a frat party at rival Texas and apparently was the first NFL player to go to Las Vegas. You would think he was a double murderer by all the negative press he gets. Comparing Keene to Ferguson is just as ridiculous.

  6. #1046
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin' Chad View Post
    Its the Johnny Manziel syndrome........the liberal press gets tired of constantly having to report the criminal behavior of black athletes like Ray Rice (domestic violence); Ray Lewis (involvement in a double murder), Michael Irving (cocaine; domestic violence), etc. So any time they can find a White player that parties and doesn't do the 'Aw sucks, anything I can do for the team' routine they jump all over it. Manziel got front court tickets to an NBA game (he's from a well to do family), went to a frat party at rival Texas and apparently was the first NFL player to go to Las Vegas. You would think he was a double murderer by all the negative press he gets. Comparing Keene to Ferguson is just as ridiculous.
    Well, this is basically nonsense.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #1047
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,105

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The bias of the prosecutor?

    The GJ heard and saw all the evidence, including the major disparity in some of the "eyewitness" accounts. This was all presented.

    The GJ did not find that Wilson committed a crime and that's why they didn't indict him. It's what they're sworn to do. Decide if a crime was committed...
    Just for clarity and precision, the GJ did NOT find that Wilson did not commit a crime. We do not know, nor will we likely ever know.

    The question before the GJ was whether there was sufficient evidence of probable cause for an indictment and trial. Wilson's innocence, regardless of the GJ determination, would have been presumed. The GJ was only there to decide whether there should be a trial. They decided that the evidence (as presented... with due consideration that how it was presented is an issue) was insufficient to proceed.

    Again, Wilson's innocence is presumed; but his actual innocence remains unknown.

  8. #1048
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,155

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Just for clarity and precision, the GJ did NOT find that Wilson did not commit a crime. The question before the GJ was whether there was sufficient evidence of probable cause for an indictment and trial. Wilson's innocence, regardless of the GJ determination, would have been presumed. The GJ was only there to decide whether there should be a trial. They decided that the evidence (as presented... with due consideration that how it was presented is an issue) was insufficient to proceed.

    Again, Wilson's innocence is presumed; but his actual innocence remains unknown.
    Yes, I know that and thank you for reminding me of that. I was frustrated when I typed that post. I' ve posted a lot of posts about this issue today and as you'll see, the rest of them didn't make that mistake.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #1049
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,283

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Just for clarity and precision, the GJ did NOT find that Wilson did not commit a crime. We do not know, nor will we likely ever know.

    The question before the GJ was whether there was sufficient evidence of probable cause for an indictment and trial. Wilson's innocence, regardless of the GJ determination, would have been presumed. The GJ was only there to decide whether there should be a trial. They decided that the evidence (as presented... with due consideration that how it was presented is an issue) was insufficient to proceed.

    Again, Wilson's innocence is presumed; but his actual innocence remains unknown.


    Huh ?

    I would say based on Witnesses accounts AND physical evidence that his " actual " innocence IS known.

  10. #1050
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    11-28-14 @ 10:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    55

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    I'm just curious, can any of the folks who think the officer's shooting was unjustified enlighten me as to why Michael Brown's DNA and blood were found inside Officer Wilson's patrol car. Have any of you ever left blood and DNA inside a patrol car? I haven't, and I can say that nobody I know has left such samples in a police car. Was Officer Wilson attempting to pull a 6'6, 300lb person into his car? Its really laughable. If you reversed the races we wouldn't know either's name and the case would not have even gone to a GJ. And certainly no White folks would be rioting in the streets and making fools of themselves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •