Page 104 of 120 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1200

Thread: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

  1. #1031
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    The only thing I can disagree with in that is "part" of the problem. It IS the problem; this is the unwanted child of divisive politics, decades of using race as leverage; the protests of "racist!" at every early criticism is more than an annoying toss back, but repeated again and again in the background dialogue, people on both sides begin to believe it.

    When trouble comes, people instinctively look to their leaders, few presidents lose elections in war time, George W. Bush score better numbers than Reagan in the post 911 days with words.

    But the leadership, both parties, have been creating division. Where other jurisdictions have "wedge issues" like oil pipelines, the politique nationale has become a war zone of created chasms. And the current adminstration, void of vision, ability and common sense has perfected the weapon into a battering ram, no issue can escape the void.

    What alarmed me then was when Obama weighed into the Trayvor Martin thing, becoming the first president in history to smash the protocol of presidents not commenting on the outcomes of trials. But he went even further, commenting on the finding of a jury of his peers. So the president has little or no faith in the system, there cannot not be a relationship to the people of Ferguson who also don't have any faith in the finding of a jury.

    As with the outcome of the mid terms, this is an extension of the distrust of the voter, fed up with the bull**** instead of real solutions, a mob expressing its anger at everything, the killing of a black kid by a white cop being to the Watts riots what was Rodney King, a flash point igniting decades of dry tinder.

    In my world, the "only to blacks" thing alone would have disqualified her from office...but really, she is doing what works. The divide has been there and getting wider, she is simply one more trying to exploit it. Me? I would camp out in front of here office demanding to know why white people are so undervalued to her and what that means in terms of representing me with two colored kids...bitch.


    She lost. That flier was the turning point when it became known. She went from a 2 point lead in the polls two weeks before the election to lose by 8 points on election day. I suppose she thought she could keep the flier secret or something. People are not stupid.

    I agree, the mid terms were a search by the voters to find someone with solutions. The search for economic solutions that has been put on hold by the Democrats.

    As long as both political parties continue their divide and conquer methods, the more the people will distrust their government. According to Gallup, only 19% of Americans trust their own government. How long can a government, country last when only 19% of it people trust it?

    Ferguson is part of that distrust.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #1032
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It didn't get anywhere NEAR the national publicity that Ferguson got. Now, a big part of that is because Ferguson was percolating for a long time, whereas Keene was pretty spontaneous.

    You're the only person I saw mention Keene. Vancouver also comes to mind, after the Canucks lost the Cup finals a few years ago.
    I also mentioned the Stanley Cup riots, I think in that same post? And for exactly the same reason - to show that rioting isn't the exclusive domain of blacks, Ferguson and a few other places notwithstanding.

    I don't think Keene got much publicity because it was a bunch of obnoxious college kids drinking and looking for trouble. It didn't really have the "broad appeal" of a story, if you will. College kids being assholes. Just like Vancouver....Canucks being assholes.

    I doubt anyone who read my post even knew what I was talking about when I mentioned Keene. I'm glad that you know about it. It was a pretty ugly incident.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #1033
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    11-28-14 @ 10:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    55

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Attachment 67176419





    Harmless fun.
    My gosh, I've had larger bonfires than that on the back of my property with friends. The neighbors called the police and they ended up hanging out with us.

  4. #1034
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I haven't disagreed with that. In fact the video is in agreement with that. The article I posted earlier that you had a problem with pointing out that most of those who were arrested in Ferguson the first time it went up in flames, overwhelming majority did not call Ferguson their home!!!!!!! And last night was no different.

    Ferguson: Burned buildings, 61 arrests, 'crime scene' on looted street - LA Times
    And yes that is significant whether you agree or not. These folks that did most of the damage don't call Ferguson home.
    Greetings, Vesper.

    That makes it even more disgusting than it already is, IMO! Such contempt and disregard for folks you don't even know has become a pastime for way too many troublemakers these days..... Arrogant Jerks! :

  5. #1035
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60]

    But, did you start a thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #1036
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, did you start a thread?
    No, I did not. What is your point?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #1037
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Attachment 67176419





    Harmless fun.
    What those little ****ers did wasn't harmless by any means. I saw the damage a few days later and it was a mess. But it doesn't come close to what is going on in Ferguson from what I see on the news reports. They turned over a couple of cars, pulled down some street signs, made some bonfires that got out of hand, and tossed a lot of beer cans and bottles.

    But in all honesty, I never feared for my safety or that of my family because of what went on in Keene. I have a ton of friends there, and they were never afraid either. I wouldn't want to be within 100 miles of Ferguson, today or anytime in the next few months.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #1038
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    It only has to do with the case that cops like Wilson make it harder on the good cops out there who honestly and selflessly do a public service. That is the only context that I have brought this up.
    I am bringing this up because you seem to think that Wilson was a "bad cop".... You have provided nothing to that assertion by you. So, in the "context" you are moving forward is unfounded, and complete and utter Bull.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1039
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60, 267]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you. However, the outrage here from many people appears to be quite selective.
    Perhaps if President Obama had gotten on national TV and claimed that a defiled pumpkin could have been his Jack-O-Lantern, it would have been a bigger story.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #1040
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Ferguson LIVE announcement video feed links here [W:60]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What those little ****ers did wasn't harmless by any means. I saw the damage a few days later and it was a mess. But it doesn't come close to what is going on in Ferguson from what I see on the news reports. They turned over a couple of cars, pulled down some street signs, made some bonfires that got out of hand, and tossed a lot of beer cans and bottles.

    But in all honesty, I never feared for my safety or that of my family because of what went on in Keene. I have a ton of friends there, and they were never afraid either. I wouldn't want to be within 100 miles of Ferguson, today or anytime in the next few months.
    I'm certainly not attempting to compare the scale of the two incidents. However, with Ferguson (discussions here and elsewhere), I've seen people advocate shooting looters, people calling the rioters savages, etc. With Keene ... crickets. And part of me can't help but wonder if some of the reason for that is because the Keene perps were largely white.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •