Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 325

Thread: Reports: Ferguson grand jury has made decision

  1. #251
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,129

    Re: Reports: Ferguson grand jury has made decision

    Quote Originally Posted by contrapositive View Post
    just ignore him, completely disgusting comments.
    Good advice! I never have actually clicked on the ignore button before, but this guy seems worthy of being unworthy.

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    11-28-14 @ 10:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    55

    Re: Reports: Ferguson grand jury has made decision

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Just what we need: a racist.
    You meant 'realist' not 'racist'.....right?

  3. #253
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,386

    Re: Reports: Ferguson grand jury has made decision

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    How long did it take you and your family to overcome the effects of being held in slavery?
    So you believe blacks are still suffering the effects of slavery? Because I will be happy to break down why that is garbage perpetuated by people who want to exploit minorities for votes.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  4. #254
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: Reports: Ferguson grand jury has made decision

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    How does Slavery impact the lives of today's African-Americans ?

    Other than it being used to shore up the victim narrative used by race hustlers like Al Sharpton how does it actually affect the lives of people alive today ?

    It doesn't. Its just a BS cop out.
    How long did it take the members of you and your family to overcome being in a condition of legal slavery?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #255
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: Reports: Ferguson grand jury has made decision

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    So you believe blacks are still suffering the effects of slavery? Because I will be happy to break down why that is garbage perpetuated by people who want to exploit minorities for votes.
    How long did it take your family to overcome the years they were held in a condition of legal slavery followed by Jim Crow?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #256
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,386

    Re: Reports: Ferguson grand jury has made decision

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    How long did it take your family to overcome the years they were held in a condition of legal slavery followed by Jim Crow?
    http://blackdemographics.com/households/middle-class/

    Ask them. I am white. I wouldn't know.

    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../analysis.html

    But it seems to me that race is an excuse. And the idea of systemic privilege is bull****.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  7. #257
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: Reports: Ferguson grand jury has made decision

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    BlackDemographics.com | MIDDLE CLASS

    Ask them. I am white. I wouldn't know.

    Analysis | The Two Nations Of Black America | FRONTLINE | PBS

    But it seems to me that race is an excuse. And the idea of systemic privilege is bull****.
    Your response is pretty much as i figured it would be.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #258
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,386

    Re: Reports: Ferguson grand jury has made decision

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Your response is pretty much as i figured it would be.
    As if we haven't played this game long enough to not predict each other's responses with some relative degree of success? lol. I predicted you wouldn't address the stats I posted too.

    But I am curious.

    1)Why is it the black middle class grew?

    2) What is it about slavery that has "held blacks" back for 149 years?

    And just remember what I said above. I know the end result of asking direct questions. I'm expecting no surprises.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  9. #259
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Reports: Ferguson grand jury has made decision

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    No, you are incorrect. His story was in conflict with other witnesses.
    You obviously did not read the testimony of the real witnesses. The real witnesses are those who were actually there and/or not proven to be lying.

  10. #260
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Reports: Ferguson grand jury has made decision

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    And without cross examination of that evidence.
    That's not true, the GJ can and did question the witnesses and the evidence. In fact this grand jury saw more of the evidence than would have made it to trial and trial jurors cannot ask the witnesses questions. Again, did you actually read the evidence and testimony?

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •