Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 576

Thread: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

  1. #451
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    The evidence in this case clearly shows the police bringing all of the drama and all of the danger with them to that crime scene. Those cops belong in jail.
    No...the evidence clearly shows an individual threatening others, witnesses calling the cops out of concern, and the individual reaching for the 'gun' when the cops pulled up.

    Bad **** happens when you do stupid things. Its pathetic how people like you repeatedly insist the problem is always the RESPONSE.

  2. #452
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Of course I can. His friend knew what he was doing, told him to stop, warned him that it would cause a problem. Witnesses said he was intentionally pointing the weapon at others to scare them.
    And from those incomplete snippets of information, you can extrapolate his "thug life" state of mind. It's a sad stretch of reasoning at best.

  3. #453
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No...the evidence clearly shows an individual threatening others, witnesses calling the cops out of concern, and the individual reaching for the 'gun' when the cops pulled up.

    Bad **** happens when you do stupid things. Its pathetic how people like you repeatedly insist the problem is always the RESPONSE.
    The police brought all of the danger with them. Simple. The only way anyone gets hurt in this scenario is if the cops pull up and shoot the kid much as they did. Had they waited even 2 more seconds to evaluate the situation, everyone goes home without incident. The police created ALL of the tragedy and belong in prison. If it a citizen does this, it's murder. For the cops, I'll accept manslaughter.

  4. #454
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    And from those incomplete snippets of information, you can extrapolate his "thug life" state of mind. It's a sad stretch of reasoning at best.
    Yep...thats precisely correct. Sorry that has caused you to wet yourself. And by sorry I mean of course, not sorry.

    Ever and always. There will never be a shortage of dead people because people like you will always rush to excuse the active of the instigator. Kinda makes people like YOU the most responsible for tragedies like this of all.

  5. #455
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Yep...thats precisely correct. Sorry that has caused you to wet yourself. And by sorry I mean of course, not sorry.

    Ever and always. There will never be a shortage of dead people because people like you will always rush to excuse the active of the instigator. Kinda makes people like YOU the most responsible for tragedies like this of all.
    Everybody is responsible -- everyone, including me, apparently -- except the guy who pulled the trigger, right? Watch the video again. There's no one else around. The cops are the only threat to public safety on that film. The officers didn't even perform first aid on the kid. Someone else had to come by to offer even that to this never-convicted, unarmed American citizen lying bleeding to death in a public park. I would speculate about why they didn't offer aid to the dying boy, but unlike you, I don't pretend to be able to read people's minds.

  6. #456
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    Everybody is responsible -- everyone, including me, apparently -- except the guy who pulled the trigger, right? Watch the video again. There's no one else around. The cops are the only threat to public safety on that film. The officers didn't even perform first aid on the kid. Someone else had to come by to offer even that to this never-convicted, unarmed American citizen lying bleeding to death in a public park. I would speculate about why they didn't offer aid to the dying boy, but unlike you, I don't pretend to be able to read people's minds.
    The responsible party is the douchebag that thought it would be a good idea to take a gun to the park and threaten people with it. Spread that word. Runtelldat. You MIGHT end up preventing stupid people from dying, be it by a cop, a citizen, or even another random thug. But nah...you are going to keep ignoring the disease...

    Yes...it IS you and people like you.

  7. #457
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:28 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,020

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    The police brought all of the danger with them. Simple. The only way anyone gets hurt in this scenario is if the cops pull up and shoot the kid much as they did. Had they waited even 2 more seconds to evaluate the situation, everyone goes home without incident.
    It's all too easy to say that in hindsight, when we know for a fact that it was an Airsoft pistol rather than a real gun.

    However and again... the officer had absolutely no way to know that. Airsoft guns are highly realistic replicas, as a photo of the evidence should make clear....



    The officers drove up to Tamir, who allegedly reached for the incredibly-realistic Airsoft pistol. If it had been a real gun, and the officer hesitated too long, or if they approached from 50 yards away, we could be mourning the officer (and/or an innocent bystander and/or Tamir) instead.

    This is not to say the officer has no responsibility or absolutely did the right thing, only that we can't judge it based on incomplete information. That's why we have incident reviews and due process.

  8. #458
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:28 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,020

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The responsible party is the douchebag...
    Tamir wasn't a "douchebag." He was an adolescent, and like most adolescents -- almost certainly including you -- he did something risky and unwise. It happens.

    In addition, brandishing a replica weapon is not a capital offense. Although it is very possible that the officer's actions were justified, Tamir certainly did not "deserve" to be shot because he was being a bit of an idiot that one day.

  9. #459
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    Tamir wasn't a "douchebag." He was an adolescent, and like most adolescents -- almost certainly including you -- he did something risky and unwise. It happens.

    In addition, brandishing a replica weapon is not a capital offense. Although it is very possible that the officer's actions were justified, Tamir certainly did not "deserve" to be shot because he was being a bit of an idiot that one day.
    He was a douchebag...a thug...a criminal in the making. Had he grown up, that likely might have changed. Or it may have gotten worse. We wont know because what he did was stupid and ended up causing him to die. No one said he 'deserved' to die. What HAS been said that his actions caused a not unexpected reaction.

    Message...dont do stupid ****. IF you have kids, teach them that message. If you wont, have someone that actually gives a **** about them teach that message.

  10. #460
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Last Seen
    11-16-17 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    The police brought all of the danger with them. Simple. The only way anyone gets hurt in this scenario is if the cops pull up and shoot the kid much as they did. Had they waited even 2 more seconds to evaluate the situation, everyone goes home without incident. The police created ALL of the tragedy and belong in prison. If it a citizen does this, it's murder. For the cops, I'll accept manslaughter.
    Or due to the unknowns( is it real or is it Memorex? ), one or more LEO may have been dead.... hell, charge the parent(s) for not raising the kid to understand deference.

    Thom Paine
    Remember, on the other side of that screen is a real person. ( Missouri Mule )

Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •