Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 576

Thread: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

  1. #321
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,975

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I don't know what the answer is either but too many innocent people are being shot by police... that is a fact.
    How many is "too many?" (and no, "one innocent death is too many" is not an acceptable answer, because it demands an unattainable level of perfection)

    Has any city or nation adopted anything remotely along the lines of what you've recommended, with beneficial results?

    What if a city did require police to hesitate before shooting at civilians, and more cops were killed as a direct result of that policy change? Would you decry that outcome?

    How long were the police supposed to wait before concluding the gun wasn't real, or Tamir wasn't really going to shoot them?

    Does it occur to you at all that you're looking at this with hindsight, and you know more than the cops could possibly know at the time of the incident?

  2. #322
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,930

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    300 million people in America and how many times do cops get drawn on? I am all for police safety but too many innocent people are being killed. This is a serious and real issue that needs to be addressed... not just brushed off as a "good shoot".
    But when do you wait to before you drawn pull the trigger? The officer contacted the kids to because he concealed weapon which carrying a concealed weapon is a crime in most states without a license, and the suspect clearly looked far too young to be in possession of such a license. So the kid was being contacted for weapons charge and when asked to put up his hands he did the opposite he put his hands in the waistband where the officer saw him put what look like a pistol, somethings really are simple. As far as brushing it off if these truly are the facts of the case you can go and look at them for five months but it won't change the facts. And really if there was a law that I thought would help change lives like making all the toy guns transparent you're wrong size or or require you to be at least 18 to purchase airgun that looked exactly like a real gun, I would support such legislation because were at a point now or toys like to much exactly like the real thing. I have air guns that are the exact same size weight and feel as real pistols that I own. I think finding a way to keep kids are too young to possess a real gun from toys that look like real guns is probably a good idea but in the end there's no telling that he wouldn't of just gotten it from a friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  3. #323
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,807

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    How many is "too many?" (and no, "one innocent death is too many" is not an acceptable answer, because it demands an unattainable level of perfection)

    Has any city or nation adopted anything remotely along the lines of what you've recommended, with beneficial results?

    What if a city did require police to hesitate before shooting at civilians, and more cops were killed as a direct result of that policy change? Would you decry that outcome?

    How long were the police supposed to wait before concluding the gun wasn't real, or Tamir wasn't really going to shoot them?

    Does it occur to you at all that you're looking at this with hindsight, and you know more than the cops could possibly know at the time of the incident?
    It didn't occur to me initially but it has been for a bit now hence the change in my posts, if you noticed. This case I jumped the gun (pun intended) and cast negatives on the cops when it was just a ****ty situation. I am going to call... my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #324
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,807

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    But when do you wait to before you drawn pull the trigger? The officer contacted the kids to because he concealed weapon which carrying a concealed weapon is a crime in most states without a license, and the suspect clearly looked far too young to be in possession of such a license. So the kid was being contacted for weapons charge and when asked to put up his hands he did the opposite he put his hands in the waistband where the officer saw him put what look like a pistol, somethings really are simple. As far as brushing it off if these truly are the facts of the case you can go and look at them for five months but it won't change the facts. And really if there was a law that I thought would help change lives like making all the toy guns transparent you're wrong size or or require you to be at least 18 to purchase airgun that looked exactly like a real gun, I would support such legislation because were at a point now or toys like to much exactly like the real thing. I have air guns that are the exact same size weight and feel as real pistols that I own. I think finding a way to keep kids are too young to possess a real gun from toys that look like real guns is probably a good idea but in the end there's no telling that he wouldn't of just gotten it from a friend
    Like I said to Visbek... my bad. The cop was given a crappy scenario and the kid put himself in a bad way. The cop should not have to wait for shots fired in a situation like that one... the many cop shootings that are much more obvious just piss me off so whenever it happens now I blame the cop first and I need to stop doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #325
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    These situations are really ****.

    I feel for the kids parents, no parent should have to bury their child.

    And I feel for the officer involved, there's no way he started his day off wishing he'd get to kill an innocent kid.

    But firearms calls have to be taken so seriously because of the day and age we live in.

  6. #326
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,609

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    By that retarded context everybody is a bigot. At the very least you are a bigot against bigots. That said, I am not against all cops. Your attempt to paint me such is idiotic and if this is all you have, pathetic attempts to demean others then good for you. I will be moving on to others that actually debate though...



    That you clearly are incapable of understanding...



    Sure... good excuse, coward who still hasn't manned up.

    You probably spent that hour looking for and FAILING to find actual bigoted remarks by me...
    I don't know about everyone...just you. You are bigoted towards cops. Your own words 'testify'. Spin it how you like...but you are what you are. If it makes you uncomfortable...so be it.

  7. #327
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,609

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    It didn't occur to me initially but it has been for a bit now hence the change in my posts, if you noticed. This case I jumped the gun (pun intended) and cast negatives on the cops when it was just a ****ty situation. I am going to call... my bad.
    Wait...what???



  8. #328
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    These situations are really ****.

    I feel for the kids parents, no parent should have to bury their child.

    And I feel for the officer involved, there's no way he started his day off wishing he'd get to kill an innocent kid.

    But firearms calls have to be taken so seriously because of the day and age we live in.
    What makes today different?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #329
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,609

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Like I said to Visbek... my bad. The cop was given a crappy scenario and the kid put himself in a bad way. The cop should not have to wait for shots fired in a situation like that one... the many cop shootings that are much more obvious just piss me off so whenever it happens now I blame the cop first and I need to stop doing that.
    For what it is worth, I respect the heck out of that.

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Doesn't answer the question as to why on earth would the cop assume a 12 year old kid has a real gun? And honestly if the cop is that scared he needs to get a different job.
    So he knew the age of the person and that the gun was a toy. You are right, Kreskin aint got nothing on him.

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •