Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 576

Thread: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

  1. #221
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,620

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Maybe you ought to raise your expectations a bit. Kids raised properly are not stupid. It's a personal responsibility thing. Maybe you've heard of it?
    Every properly raised 12 year does not act like a perfect little angel all the time. You ever been around them?
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  2. #222
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55,071

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So he didn't suggest it was a toy by saying 'It's probably fake'?
    Listen to his call.

    OBVIOUSLY he couldnt tell if it was or wasnt a toy gun. See...THATS why he called 911 in the first place.

  3. #223
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,620

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Maybe not, but it so often is for humans, all throughout recorded history.
    Yeah I know. Sad.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  4. #224
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So the kid deserved to be shot because he pointed a toy gun at people? As far as the orange tip thing, you better tell the law that:

    Legal issues in airsoft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Actually several states have already closed that airsoft loophole, in fact because of this incident looks like Ohio will soon follow suit.

    In wake of Cleveland boy's shooting death, Ohio lawmaker to introduce legislation requiring that BB guns, air guns be brightly colored | cleveland.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Except the witness who said it looked like a toy gun.
    Then they are blind or lying. You've seen the "toy" up close, and they saw it from farther away. Be honest with yourself and us, could you tell the difference?

  5. #225
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,527

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Listen to his call.

    OBVIOUSLY he couldnt tell if it was or wasnt a toy gun. See...THATS why he called 911 in the first place.
    So, alright then we've established that the witnesses who called it all in realized there was a possibility that it was fake and he was wrong. The police arrived at a playground, with kids playing and encountered this 12 year old. What about that scenario seemed out of place? Do kids not bring toy guns to a playground? Did they see the gun being pulled out and quickly determined it wasn't real? What specifically warranted them to use aggressive force towards someone who wasn't being verbal or aggressive towards them?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #226
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55,071

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What else can one infer when a person suggest that something which looks like a gun is fake? Are we to infer that he think it's not fake and not a toy?
    Can YOU tell that is a 'fake' gun? Be honest. And no...he didnt say it LOOKED fake.

  7. #227
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,342

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Its not about being black. Or about being a cop. Its about prejudice. Its about assigning characteristics to an entire race or profession based on the actions of a minority. Its bigoted. Its...what you are doing.
    It is not about prejudice just because you claim that it is... sorry, I have not condemned ALL cops...

    Unless they say what you fits your bias. Amiright?
    Nope... but aren't you the arrogant and disrespectful one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #228
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,527

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Actually several states have already closed that airsoft loophole, in fact because of this incident looks like Ohio will soon follow suit.

    In wake of Cleveland boy's shooting death, Ohio lawmaker to introduce legislation requiring that BB guns, air guns be brightly colored | cleveland.com
    Now that you've realized that your initial claim was wrong, how long will it take for you to admit it? I'll wait.

    Then they are blind or lying. You've seen the "toy" up close, and they saw it from farther away. Be honest with yourself and us, could you tell the difference?
    To be honest? Given the environment of a 12 year old kid, in a playground, where kids play rough and make each other scream? I would have afforded him the benefit of the doubt and tried to get a few words out of the boy before making any decision.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #229
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55,071

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So, alright then we've established that the witnesses who called it all in realized there was a possibility that it was fake and he was wrong. The police arrived at a playground, with kids playing and encountered this 12 year old. What about that scenario seemed out of place? Do kids not bring toy guns to a playground? Did they see the gun being pulled out and quickly determined it wasn't real? What specifically warranted them to use aggressive force towards someone who wasn't being verbal or aggressive towards them?
    Read the police comments. They arrived on the scene, witnessed him putting the gun in his waistband. They approached him and ordered him to raise his hands. He instead raised his shirt and reached for the weapon tucked into his waistband. The officer then fired two shots.

    Thats the report. If thats how it went down, there is no question it is a good shoot.

  10. #230
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,342

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Every properly raised 12 year does not act like a perfect little angel all the time. You ever been around them?
    Cephus is silly in how he sees things... there is his way and that is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •