Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 576

Thread: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

  1. #171
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,047

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Pull on the uniform and pin on the badge and do the job then let us know how it goes.
    Personally, I am too smart to be a beat cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #172
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You DO know that when you seek videos and stories to prove your position while ignoring the countless other reports out there you are engaging in the WORST kind of confirmation bias....right?
    Doesn't mean I'm wrong though.

    Bottom line for me is, the entire claim that the boy went for the gun sees VERY illogical. I don't need evidence to make that claim, just like I don't need evidence to say it's very difficult to believe Satan forced the cop to shoot. I'm mean, I wasn't there, right? I wasn't in his head, so I don't know for sure.

    At some point we have to just use our own logic. We don't need a video to think for us, particularly in situations like this where we have a government agency that has on more than one occasion made up or stretched information to exonerate their own.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  3. #173
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    No, it isn't his fault. The gun was a toy. The fault is 100% the cops.
    Wrong, in this situation there is precious little the cop could do to distinguish a real weapon from a bb gun as the orange tip had been removed. Not saying the kid should deserved to die, but that bright orange tip is there for a reason.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  4. #174
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Fake or real, this dumb kid should not have been waving a gun around and then go grabbing for it when the cops tell him to put his hands up.

    He's dead...it's his own damn fault.
    He's 12!! Holy crap.... you can't even be 12 and act stupid.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  5. #175
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I see that you have to resort to pathetic ad homs... maybe you are a racist, who knows?
    How is what you are doing any different than any other bigot that presumes blacks must be criminals because some are?

  6. #176
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Doesn't mean I'm wrong though.

    Bottom line for me is, the entire claim that the boy went for the gun sees VERY illogical. I don't need evidence to make that claim, just like I don't need evidence to say it's very difficult to believe Satan forced the cop to shoot. I'm mean, I wasn't there, right? I wasn't in his head, so I don't know for sure.

    At some point we have to just use our own logic. We don't need a video to think for us, particularly in situations like this where we have a government agency that has on more than one occasion made up or stretched information to exonerate their own.
    By the very DEFINITION it absolutely means you are wrong.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Personally, I am too smart to be a beat cop.
    Nice deflection.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    He's 12!! Holy crap.... you can't even be 12 and act stupid.
    You can, but there is a price for acting stupid sometimes.

  9. #179
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Woah...who said anything about covering something up? If the kid reached for a BB Gun there is no coverup. Its a good shoot. Oh...wait...a LEGIT shoot.

    Its sad you cant trust 'the cops'. DO you have an equal difficulty trusting 'the black folks'? You know...some of them DO really bad things...
    How can it be proven that the kid reached for the toy?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #180
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,495

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Pull on the uniform and pin on the badge and do the job then let us know how it goes.
    Doesn't answer the question as to why on earth would the cop assume a 12 year old kid has a real gun? And honestly if the cop is that scared he needs to get a different job.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •