Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 576

Thread: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

  1. #161
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,812

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Horse****. When someone is reaching for a gun, it is illogical and unreasonable to assess intent before acting. When you are given a command to freeze and then raise your hands, THATS what you do.

    Is it easy to see how that MIGHT have been the kids response?
    The fact is that a kid had a toy and was shot and killed... police are shooting first and seeking answers after, and then covering it up. It is sad that we can't trust the cops...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #162
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,336

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Horse****. When someone is reaching for a gun, it is illogical and unreasonable to assess intent before acting. When you are given a command to freeze and then raise your hands, THATS what you do.

    Is it easy to see how that MIGHT have been the kids response?
    Correct. Looking back over the posts in this thread that use the terms might, may, could, to explain this kids actions. And because of these indefinite terms the cops should have acted differently. One poster advocated letting the kid get off a shot in order to be sure that the gun was real and loaded.

    The reality, if we are to believe the available data at this early date, what we do know is that the kid was brandishing what appeared to be a firearm on a playground and ignored or refused a lawful order, and got shot for his trouble.

  3. #163
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,812

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Begins and ends with the parents. Sad he is dead, but mom and dad should have instilled some common sense.
    Or maybe a trigger happy cop could have shown more wisdom and restraint...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,443

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    I'd be willing to bet that 99.999% of 12 year olds running around with guns are doing so with toy guns. For the police to assume they're dealing with the .001% case is unconscionable.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  5. #165
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    What I'm using is logic. Unless that kid was challenged, he knew he didn't have anything but BBs in that toy. He knew he presented no danger to the cops. I also know the cops don't automatically shoot anyone that withdraws a gun and waves it around.

    You DO know that when you seek videos and stories to prove your position while ignoring the countless other reports out there you are engaging in the WORST kind of confirmation bias....right?

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that 99.999% of 12 year olds running around with guns are doing so with toy guns. For the police to assume they're dealing with the .001% case is unconscionable.
    Pull on the uniform and pin on the badge and do the job then let us know how it goes.

  7. #167
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The fact is that a kid had a toy and was shot and killed... police are shooting first and seeking answers after, and then covering it up. It is sad that we can't trust the cops...
    Woah...who said anything about covering something up? If the kid reached for a BB Gun there is no coverup. Its a good shoot. Oh...wait...a LEGIT shoot.

    Its sad you cant trust 'the cops'. DO you have an equal difficulty trusting 'the black folks'? You know...some of them DO really bad things...

  8. #168
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,132

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Fake or real, this dumb kid should not have been waving a gun around and then go grabbing for it when the cops tell him to put his hands up.

    He's dead...it's his own damn fault.

  9. #169
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,812

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Woah...who said anything about covering something up? If the kid reached for a BB Gun there is no coverup. Its a good shoot. Oh...wait...a LEGIT shoot.

    Its sad you cant trust 'the cops'. DO you have an equal difficulty trusting 'the black folks'? You know...some of them DO really bad things...
    I see that you have to resort to pathetic ad homs... maybe you are a racist, who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,812

    Re: The next Ferguson ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Fake or real, this dumb kid should not have been waving a gun around and then go grabbing for it when the cops tell him to put his hands up.

    He's dead...it's his own damn fault.
    No, it isn't his fault. The gun was a toy. The fault is 100% the cops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •