Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: Ex-NBC Employee Claims He Helped Bill Cosby Pay Off Women

  1. #41
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,074

    Re: Ex-NBC Employee Claims He Helped Bill Cosby Pay Off Women

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    You have statute of limitations on rape and sexual assault?

    For those who think time negates rape, they need another think. First, men get raped and it is the same there, the societal image that the victim must have somehow provoked it PREVENTS victims from coming forward sometimes forever. Some studies indicate that less than 20% of all sexual assaults ever get reported. Personally I find this situation an outrage. A grand jury should be convened to determine if these women are telling the truth, if not off THEY go, if so, off with his nuts
    There are statutes of limitations depending on the jurisdiction, locality, crime etc.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #42
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Ex-NBC Employee Claims He Helped Bill Cosby Pay Off Women

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Toxicology screens from... 25+ years ago? Lol. What are you? 12?



    Rape kits from 20-25 years ago? Most jurisdictions didn't even have them in 1999 because they refused to pay for the costs.
    You don't even know that doing tests on rape victims happened before 1999? Seriously?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #43
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,185

    Re: Ex-NBC Employee Claims He Helped Bill Cosby Pay Off Women

    When stuff like this SUDDENLY comes out, and then people are coming out of the woodwork left and right to say Me Too, it makes me wonder.... who did this guy piss off lately? Who suddenly feels a need to discredit him?




    But then again, I also figure where there is this much smoke, there was probably some fire too.



    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #44
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,074

    Re: Ex-NBC Employee Claims He Helped Bill Cosby Pay Off Women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    My opinion on what happened in a room where I wasn't. Okay. Why don't you ask me my opinion on what Goshin is wearing right now or my opinion on how many times Angelina Jolie brushed her teeth yesterday or my opinion on the color of your computer. In fact, why don't we all just spend our days guessing about things we have no idea about. Fun!
    We're not discussing Goshin, my computer and that you're trying to distract from the topic is pretty see through. We're discussing allegations of rape against Bill Cosby. That's why I'm not asking you about Goshin.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #45
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Ex-NBC Employee Claims He Helped Bill Cosby Pay Off Women

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    We're not discussing Goshin, my computer and that you're trying to distract from the topic is pretty see through. We're discussing allegations of rape against Bill Cosby. That's why I'm not asking you about Goshin.
    And unlike you, I don't waste my time and everyone else's speculating on something I can't possibly know.

    I also don't believe someone is guilty unless he is proven guilty. Let me know when you've proven something against him. K?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #46
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,074

    Re: Ex-NBC Employee Claims He Helped Bill Cosby Pay Off Women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You don't even know that doing tests on rape victims happened before 1999? Seriously?
    Not only did I not say that, I said something which makes your statement nothing more than a strawman meant to distract:

    Rape kit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    As of May 2009 the federal Violence Against Women Act of 2005 went into effect,[6] requiring state governments who wish to continue receiving federal funding to pay for "Jane Doe rape kits" or "anonymous rape tests". These tests allow victims too traumatized to go to the police to undergo the procedure at hospitals. The hospitals maintain the collected evidence in a sealed envelope identified only by a number, unless police access its contents upon the victim's decision to press charges. While the practice had been recommended by the Federal Bureau of Investigation since at least 1999, and was already followed at some health clinics, colleges and hospitals, and in the state of Massachusetts, many jurisdictions up until then refused to pay the estimated $800 cost of the rape examination without a police report filed by the victim.[11]
    1) As an indicator of how widespread this problem has become, “18 percent of unsolved alleged sexual assaults that occurred from 2002 to 2007 contained forensic evidence that was still in police custody (not submitted to a crime lab for analysis)"; 2) One major challenge is that 43% of law enforcement agencies “do not have a computerized system for tracking forensic evidence, either in their inventory or after it is sent to the crime lab"; 3) On average, 50–60% of kits test positive for biological material that does not belong to the victim; 4) Survey responses indicated that there may be some misunderstanding of the value of biological evidence. 44% of the law enforcement agencies said that one of the reasons they did not send evidence to the lab was that a suspect had not been identified. 15% said that they did not submit evidence because “analysis had not been requested by a prosecutor.”[12]
    Now, with that stated, do you understand my statement now? Or not?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #47
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,074

    Re: Ex-NBC Employee Claims He Helped Bill Cosby Pay Off Women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    And unlike you, I don't waste my time and everyone else's speculating on something I can't possibly know.

    I also don't believe someone is guilty unless he is proven guilty. Let me know when you've proven something against him. K?
    That's kind of what is happening right now. People are trying to prove that he did do what they say he did and the evidence is getting stronger with each new argument. Paying off random women, drugging various women, having cabs ready for them when they wake up. That you've devolved into this childish 'Well! You haven't proven anything yet!' is pretty telling of where you stand on this issue. Now, vamoose, I don't have time for your theatrics today.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #48
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Ex-NBC Employee Claims He Helped Bill Cosby Pay Off Women

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    That's kind of what is happening right now. People are trying to prove that he did do what they say he did and the evidence is getting stronger with each new argument. Paying off random women, drugging various women, having cabs ready for them when they wake up. That you've devolved into this childish 'Well! You haven't proven anything yet!' is pretty telling of where you stand on this issue. Now, vamoose, I don't have time for your theatrics today.
    Where I stand on the issue is the side of the Constitution, not being a gossip monger.

    How American of me.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #49
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Ex-NBC Employee Claims He Helped Bill Cosby Pay Off Women

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Toxicology screens from... 25+ years ago? Lol. What are you? 12?



    Rape kits from 20-25 years ago? Most jurisdictions didn't even have them in 1999 because they refused to pay for the costs.
    Ok, so you have no proof, other than what these women say happened....Good luck with that...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #50
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Ex-NBC Employee Claims He Helped Bill Cosby Pay Off Women

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    That's kind of what is happening right now. People are trying to prove that he did do what they say he did and the evidence is getting stronger with each new argument. Paying off random women, drugging various women, having cabs ready for them when they wake up. That you've devolved into this childish 'Well! You haven't proven anything yet!' is pretty telling of where you stand on this issue. Now, vamoose, I don't have time for your theatrics today.

    Pretty sad state of affairs today that no longer do we need actually convict anyone of anything to have people like you assert that they are guilty...All we need today is a group of people say that someone did something, and that's enough for you....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •