Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 269

Thread: Republican-led report debunks Benghazi theories and accusations

  1. #241
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Republican-led report debunks Benghazi theories and accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    No, they were just doing it on the very same day:



    But go on telling everyone how it was anyone other than Republicans who politicized what happened in Benghazi.
    This was a response, in the height of a Presidential campaign, to counter the position taken by the White House and the State Department that this attack had anything to do with an internet video uncomplimentary about Mohammed. The White House and the State Department did, indeed, sympathize with the "protestors" in Lybia and Egypt by condemning the video, ignoring the evidence that the attack in Lybia had zero to do with the video. The White House was on record as claiming terrorism and Al Qaida were "on the run" and they could not, POLITICALLY, admit that was a bunch of crap.

    But, please do go on providing yourself as an excellent example of proof for Gruber's contention.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Republican-led report debunks Benghazi theories and accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    It was also a lie, as Obama did nothing of the sort.

    But thank you for admitting Republicans were the first to politicize it.
    Any comment can be deemed as 'politicizing' a situation. It's generally used, as in this case, when there is no sensible response available.

  3. #243
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,972

    Re: Republican-led report debunks Benghazi theories and accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    This was a response, in the height of a Presidential campaign
    Yes, a political response made by the presidential nominee from the Republican party, a response which took a direct personal attack at his opponent.

    to counter the position taken by the White House and the State Department that this attack had anything to do with an internet video uncomplimentary about Mohammed.
    That's a lie and you know it. The White House and State Department had not taken a position on what fueled the attack at Benghazi at that point.

    But good job trying to excuse the fact Republicans were the ones who politicized it.

    The White House and the State Department did, indeed, sympathize with the "protestors" in Lybia and Egypt by condemning the video
    Yes, but they had not given any reason for the attack at Benghazi.

    Are you done posting lies yet?
    ignoring the evidence that the attack in Lybia had zero to do with the video.
    Apparently not.

    The White House was on record as claiming terrorism and Al Qaida were "on the run" and they could not, POLITICALLY, admit that was a bunch of crap.
    Romney's and Preibus's tweet occurred on September 11th (our time), the day of the attack. The White House had not made any statement about the attack in Benghazi yet and about the only response which had been made was by Hillary:

    "Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind."

    You are wrong. 100% wrong. Admit you are wrong and stop posting lies. The Republicans were politicizing the Benghazi attack before the bodies were cold. You know it, I know it. Don't be a partisan hack, admit you were wrong about who politicized the event first.

    But, please do go on providing yourself as an excellent example of proof for Gruber's contention.
    I think it's funny how you are posting lies to score political points and then you invoke Gruber with contempt. Pot, meet kettle.

    I also think it's funny you're taking a personal shot at me because I'm telling the truth, not falling for your lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Any comment can be deemed as 'politicizing' a situation. It's generally used, as in this case, when there is no sensible response available.
    No, no it cannot. For example:

    "I am saddened to hear of the deaths of Americans in Benghazi. I pray for their families and for all Americans who serve our country. I will support our President as America strives to bring those responsible to justice."

    Nothing political about that, just good old patriotism. It just isn't what Romney said. The Republicans politicized the event before the day was even finished. To hear them blame those on the "left" for making it a political issue is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Slyfox696; 11-24-14 at 12:41 PM.

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Republican-led report debunks Benghazi theories and accusations

    Benghazi Timeline
    The long road from "spontaneous protest" to premeditated terrorist attack
    .

    What follows is a timeline of events that we hope will help put the incident into perspective. We call attention in particular to these key facts:

    There were *no protesters* at the Benghazi consulate prior to the attack, even though Obama and others repeatedly said the attackers joined an angry mob that had formed in opposition to the anti-Muslim film that had triggered protests in Egypt and elsewhere. The State Department disclosed this fact Oct. 9 — nearly a month after the attack.
    ◾Libya President Mohamed Magariaf insisted on Sept. 16 — five days after the attack — that it was a planned terrorist attack, but administration officials continued for days later to say there was no evidence of a planned attack.◾Magariaf also said the idea that the attack was a “spontaneous protest that just spun out of control is completely unfounded and preposterous.” This, too, was on Sept. 16. Yet, Obama and others continued to describe the incident in exactly those terms — including during the president’s Sept. 18 appearance on the “Late Show With David Letterman.”
    ◾Matt Olsen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, was the first administration official to call it “a terrorist attack” during a Sept. 19 congressional hearing. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton did the same on Sept. 20. Even so, Obama declined opportunities to call it a terrorist attack when asked at a town hall meeting on Sept. 20 and during a taping of “The View” on Sept. 24......snip~

    Benghazi Timeline



    So much for the Video BS and Protestors.

  5. #245
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Republican-led report debunks Benghazi theories and accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Yes, a political response made by the presidential nominee from the Republican party, a response which took a direct personal attack at his opponent.

    That's a lie and you know it. The White House and State Department had not taken a position on what fueled the attack at Benghazi at that point.

    But good job trying to excuse the fact Republicans were the ones who politicized it.

    Yes, but they had not given any reason for the attack at Benghazi.

    Are you done posting lies yet?
    Apparently not.

    Romney's and Preibus's tweet occurred on September 11th (our time), the day of the attack. The White House had not made any statement about the attack in Benghazi yet and about the only response which had been made was by Hillary:

    "Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind."

    You are wrong. 100% wrong. Admit you are wrong and stop posting lies. The Republicans were politicizing the Benghazi attack before the bodies were cold. You know it, I know it. Don't be a partisan hack, admit you were wrong about who politicized the event first.

    I think it's funny how you are posting lies to score political points and then you invoke Gruber with contempt. Pot, meet kettle.

    I also think it's funny you're taking a personal shot at me because I'm telling the truth, not falling for your lies.
    No, no it cannot. For example:

    "I am saddened to hear of the deaths of Americans in Benghazi. I pray for their families and for all Americans who serve our country. I will support our President as America strives to bring those responsible to justice."

    Nothing political about that, just good old patriotism. It just isn't what Romney said. The Republicans politicized the event before the day was even finished. To hear them blame those on the "left" for making it a political issue is ridiculous.
    Here is a copy of the State Department statement issued on September 11, 2012.

    Clinton on the Attack in Benghazi | IIP Digital

    In it, Hillary Clinton refers to ONE State Department officer being confirmed killed and immediately tries to link the internet video to the attacks in Benghazi. Clearly, she initiated the politicization of the events in Benghazi without any evidence that the video had any relationship to the attacks.

    Prove to me that Romney's comments were issued prior to the Clinton State Department press release/statement and I'll grant the point that Romney spoke first.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Republican-led report debunks Benghazi theories and accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Here is a copy of the State Department statement issued on September 11, 2012.

    Clinton on the Attack in Benghazi | IIP Digital

    In it, Hillary Clinton refers to ONE State Department officer being confirmed killed and immediately tries to link the internet video to the attacks in Benghazi. Clearly, she initiated the politicization of the events in Benghazi without any evidence that the video had any relationship to the attacks.

    Prove to me that Romney's comments were issued prior to the Clinton State Department press release/statement and I'll grant the point that Romney spoke first.

    Heya CJ. Fact Check.Org, Politi-Fact, Yahoo, CNN and the BBC fact checkers all went with the facts. No Grubinations.....Imagine that!

    2:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (8:30 p.m. Benghazi time): U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens steps outside the consulate to say goodbye to a Turkish diplomat. There are no protesters at this time. (“Everything is calm at 8:30,” a State Department official would later say at an Oct. 9 background briefing for reporters. “There’s nothing unusual. There has been nothing unusual during the day at all outside.”)

    3 p.m.: Ambassador Stevens retires to his bedroom for the evening. (See Oct. 9 briefing.)

    Approximately 3:40 p.m. A security agent at the Benghazi compound hears “loud noises” coming from the front gate and “gunfire and an explosion.” A senior State Department official at the Oct. 9 briefing says that “the camera on the main gate reveals a large number of people – a large number of men, armed men, flowing into the compound.”

    About 4 p.m.: This is the approximate time of attack that was given to reporters at a Sept. 12 State Department background briefing. An administration official identified only as “senior administration official one” provides an official timeline of events at the consulate, but only from the time of the attack — not prior to the attack. The official says, “The compound where our office is in Benghazi began taking fire from unidentified Libyan extremists.” (Six of the next seven entries in this timeline — through 8:30 p.m. EDT — all come from the Sept. 12 briefing. The exception being the 6:07 p.m. entry, which comes from Reuters.).....snip~

  7. #247
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Republican-led report debunks Benghazi theories and accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    That's a lie and you know it.
    Funny - it took mere seconds for you to post up and call me a liar and yet when I ask you to prove it, all we get is crickets.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,972

    Re: Republican-led report debunks Benghazi theories and accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Here is a copy of the State Department statement issued on September 11, 2012.

    Clinton on the Attack in Benghazi | IIP Digital

    In it, Hillary Clinton refers to ONE State Department officer being confirmed killed and immediately tries to link the internet video to the attacks in Benghazi. Clearly, she initiated the politicization of the events in Benghazi without any evidence that the video had any relationship to the attacks.

    Prove to me that Romney's comments were issued prior to the Clinton State Department press release/statement and I'll grant the point that Romney spoke first.
    More lies from you. Clinton did not say anything about a video. She said "inflammatory material". Furthermore, how does condemning the attack politicize it?

    You are wrong. Nothing Clinton said was political. Quit posting lies and acknowledge Romney and the Republicans took the first political attacks about Benghazi, before the bodies were even cold. They politicized it to try and win the Presidency.

    So do the honest thing now and admit Republicans made it a left vs. right issue first.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Funny - it took mere seconds for you to post up and call me a liar and yet when I ask you to prove it, all we get is crickets.
    Funny - you think no one has anything to do in life but respond to you. How absurd can one person be?

    And just because you don't seem to understand the concept of "real life", I'm logging off the forum now and probably won't be back for a while. Would you like a little pat on the head before I go with a promise I'll be back?
    Last edited by Slyfox696; 11-24-14 at 01:13 PM.

  9. #249
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Republican-led report debunks Benghazi theories and accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    More lies from you. Clinton did not say anything about a video. She said "inflammatory material". Furthermore, how does condemning the attack politicize it?

    You are wrong. Nothing Clinton said was political. Quit posting lies and acknowledge Romney and the Republicans took the first political attacks about Benghazi, before the bodies were even cold. They politicized it to try and win the Presidency.

    So do the honest thing now and admit Republicans made it a left vs. right issue first.
    Funny - you think no one has anything to do in life but respond to you. How absurd can one person be?
    Your posts are idiotic, full of lies and bluster, and when you're called out you run and hide, try to change the context, and claim you're too busy to respond. Pathetic.

    What do you think "inflammatory material" referred to? Try not to post an answer that makes your position look even more pathetic.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Republican-led report debunks Benghazi theories and accusations

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    More lies from you. Clinton did not say anything about a video.
    Really??? The Anti-Anti-Islam Film TV Ad By US in Pakistan Repudiating Film - YouTube

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •