Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 234

Thread: House GOP File Lawsuit Against Obama

  1. #181
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: House GOP File Lawsuit Against Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    So are you equally all up in arms at his refusal to prosecute marijuana distribution in states like CA and CO?

    Or is your poutrage selective?
    There is truth and wisdom amid your snark. Almost all of us are selective in our outrage, our condemnation, our anger and in the umbrage we take. And much of it is based on our own politics and ideology. And to some extent its the old fashioned whose ox is being gored.... and if its not ours we tend to look the other way. That is why the problem has been building for many decades now under both parties and only gets worse despite changes in the White House and Congress. And when there is no crisis of the moment which compels political outrage - like the current one - nobody wants to waste any time or effort or spend any political capital doing anything about it.

    And so it will simply continue.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #182
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,556

    Re: House GOP File Lawsuit Against Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So it's all or nothing with you eh? Dope has nothing to do with this.
    It's selective prosecution.

    Obama has specifically declared he will not prosecute Marijuana growers and dealers in CO and CA and other states. This is, to your interpretation, clearly illegal because cannabis is a federally controlled schedule 1 drug BY LAW.

    Same thing you are poutraged about.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  3. #183
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: House GOP File Lawsuit Against Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    It's selective prosecution.

    Obama has specifically declared he will not prosecute Marijuana growers and dealers in CO and CA and other states. This is, to your interpretation, clearly illegal because cannabis is a federally controlled schedule 1 drug BY LAW.

    Same thing you are poutraged about.
    I believe that Marijuana is a states issue...That said, this is about immigration please stay on topic.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #184
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,556

    Re: House GOP File Lawsuit Against Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I believe that Marijuana is a states issue...That said, this is about immigration please stay on topic.
    Nice deflection. Cannabis is Federally outlawed.

    So I repeat, is your outrage over this selective prosecution and ignoring Federal law consistent, or is it just because it's something you don't happen to like?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #185
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: House GOP File Lawsuit Against Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Nice deflection. Cannabis is Federally outlawed.

    So I repeat, is your outrage over this selective prosecution and ignoring Federal law consistent, or is it just because it's something you don't happen to like?
    You're trying as hard as you can to dismiss my disappointment in a President enacting something he consistently, and repeatedly stated he had no authority to do, by introducing a strawman argument...It's a fail, and is done.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #186
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,933

    Re: House GOP File Lawsuit Against Obama

    Texas should sue the republican congress. They are the ones who promised to block everything and do nothing... And they've lived up to that promise. Now Texas is suing the guy who IS doing something? Me thinks the lawsuit is as partisan as the rest of this crap.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That's right. Texas is suing the Obama Administration now for largely that reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: House GOP File Lawsuit Against Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Texas should sue the republican congress. They are the ones who promised to block everything and do nothing... And they've lived up to that promise. Now Texas is suing the guy who IS doing something? Me thinks the lawsuit is as partisan as the rest of this crap.
    So you feel Congress should be sued for not enacting a law? That could set a legal precedent.

    The president, or any politician, can be sued for committing an illegal act.

  8. #188
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,933

    Re: House GOP File Lawsuit Against Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you feel Congress should be sued for not enacting a law? That could set a legal precedent.

    The president, or any politician, can be sued for committing an illegal act.
    Except in this instance they are going to sue him for a precedent set by Saint Reagan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #189
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: House GOP File Lawsuit Against Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: House GOP File Lawsuit Against Obama

    So it begins. Suspecting this to go absolutely nowhere. Just another stunt. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    I agree that this is a stunt. If the Republicans want to do something about illegal immigration, they have had years to do so. They can pass a strong bill in January. But they won't. They do not aim to solve the issue or make headway on it. They merely play games and pull stunts, without ever actually DOING anything.

    For all their railing against the ACA, I have yet to see a serious health care reform bill passed by the Republicans.

    It's easy to criticize. It's more difficult to actually do something about a problem.
    ________________________________

  10. #190
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: House GOP File Lawsuit Against Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    I agree that this is a stunt. If the Republicans want to do something about illegal immigration, they have had years to do so. They can pass a strong bill in January. But they won't. They do not aim to solve the issue or make headway on it. They merely play games and pull stunts, without ever actually DOING anything.
    I think they are going to HAVE TO now. Otherwise, they lose upwards of 100% of the latino vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •