Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Key ObamaCare official used threats, 'tantrums' to push website launch despite concer

  1. #1
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Key ObamaCare official used threats, 'tantrums' to push website launch despite concer

    Key ObamaCare official used threats, 'tantrums' to push website launch despite concerns, email claims

    Key ObamaCare official used threats, 'tantrums' to push website launch despite concerns, email claims | Fox News

    A key ObamaCare official engaged in a “cruel and uncaring march” to launch the federal health care website last year and wasn’t open to seeking a delay despite concerns, according to a newly revealed email from her former second-in-command.

    The damning email from Michelle Snyder, formerly the No. 2 official at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, was released to FoxNews.com ahead of a Wednesday House Science, Space and Technology subcommittee hearing on the security and botched rollout of Healthcare.gov.

    A key ObamaCare official engaged in a “cruel and uncaring march” to launch the federal health care website

    Take a look at the maniac. Bitch ought to be slapped and fired. "Cruel and uncaring" is how I'd describe the administration. Just as we thought, they didn't give a rats ass if the site was ready or running properly as long as it got opened. Quality be damned.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #2
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Key ObamaCare official used threats, 'tantrums' to push website launch despite co

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Key ObamaCare official used threats, 'tantrums' to push website launch despite concerns, email claims

    Key ObamaCare official used threats, 'tantrums' to push website launch despite concerns, email claims | Fox News



    Take a look at the maniac. Bitch ought to be slapped and fired. "Cruel and uncaring" is how I'd describe the administration. Just as we thought, they didn't give a rats ass if the site was ready or running properly as long as it got opened. Quality be damned.
    Not the crux of your post, but this struck me:

    The committee is investigating how much Park and the White House knew about the problems with the website before the launch.

    Park has distanced himself from the website’s problems, telling a House committee last year that he did not “actually have a really detailed knowledge” of the website before the launch and was “not even familiar with the development and testing regimen that happened prior to October 1.”

    However, the emails from Park, who briefed the White House on the progress of the website, seem to indicate he had more knowledge of the website than his statements indicate. In the emails, he mentions specific teams, hardware and user targets for the website.


    A man whose title was Chief Technology Officer of the U.S wasn't familiar with the development and testing regimen?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #3
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Key ObamaCare official used threats, 'tantrums' to push website launch despite co

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Not the crux of your post, but this struck me:

    The committee is investigating how much Park and the White House knew about the problems with the website before the launch.

    Park has distanced himself from the website’s problems, telling a House committee last year that he did not “actually have a really detailed knowledge” of the website before the launch and was “not even familiar with the development and testing regimen that happened prior to October 1.”

    However, the emails from Park, who briefed the White House on the progress of the website, seem to indicate he had more knowledge of the website than his statements indicate. In the emails, he mentions specific teams, hardware and user targets for the website.


    A man whose title was Chief Technology Officer of the U.S wasn't familiar with the development and testing regimen?
    He's a goddamned liar and ought to be strung up in the committee chamber. It's bad enough we got a piece of **** law, but then we get a piece of **** $600 million dollar website to go with it.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #4
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Key ObamaCare official used threats, 'tantrums' to push website launch despite co

    You'd think the Democrats would show a little pride in their work and get this **** right, but as usual it's symbolism over substance.........get it open, ready or not.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #5
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Key ObamaCare official used threats, 'tantrums' to push website launch despite co

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You'd think the Democrats would show a little pride in their work and get this **** right, but as usual it's symbolism over substance.........get it open, ready or not.
    This "accident", by "not realizing" that the selected federal contractor was getting paid to produce a steaming pile of ****, was more likely intended to punish those wrong thinking states that did not open their own exchanges. It was perhaps a "work around" for the SCOTUS dropping the intended medicaid blackmail (for not expanding the better freebie) originally built into PPACA. IMHO, the thinking was that the lack of ability to get "access to" the latest federal handouts in those wrong thinking (red?) states would cause a backlash to unseat the republicant leadership in the states that did not create state exchanges.

    The problem was that many state exchanges also did not manage to create a demand among poor folks to actually pay toward their premiums either. The demand for paying more (anything?) every month in PPACA premiums just was not there for those struggling to make ends meet unless they were currently facing large medical care bills. Making healthy folks spend money, that they cannot spare, on medical care insurance "just in case" is not popular and never will be.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #6
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Key ObamaCare official used threats, 'tantrums' to push website launch despite co

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    This "accident", by "not realizing" that the selected federal contractor was getting paid to produce a steaming pile of ****, was more likely intended to punish those wrong thinking states that did not open their own exchanges. It was perhaps a "work around" for the SCOTUS dropping the intended medicaid blackmail (for not expanding the better freebie) originally built into PPACA. IMHO, the thinking was that the lack of ability to get "access to" the latest federal handouts in those wrong thinking (red?) states would cause a backlash to unseat the republicant leadership in the states that did not create state exchanges.

    The problem was that many state exchanges also did not manage to create a demand among poor folks to actually pay toward their premiums either. The demand for paying more (anything?) every month in PPACA premiums just was not there for those struggling to make ends meet unless they were currently facing large medical care bills. Making healthy folks spend money, that they cannot spare, on medical care insurance "just in case" is not popular and never will be.
    Of course it was unpopular because they had to buy off Democrat Senators to vote this **** through.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •