Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 265

Thread: Senate Narrowly Defeats Keystone XL Pipeline

  1. #191
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Senate Narrowly Defeats Keystone XL Pipeline

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Support for the pipeline is based upon the idea that human life and human activity relies upon the availability of affordable energy. In short: it exists, we need it, and have the ability to refine it into a useable substance. And the there is no argument that doing so is against the national interest. If anti-progress liberals like you and Obama were around and in charge when the first oil well was drilled, you would have sought to have it capped.
    So it doesn't bother you all that oil will pass through the U.S. and go to overseas markets?

  2. #192
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Senate Narrowly Defeats Keystone XL Pipeline

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    You might actually be able to make a rational case on those grounds. Too bad that isn't the case that is being made. It might be interesting to see how it would play out.
    You keep making assertions that aren't backed up by links. Care to provide any or are we supoosed to take your word for it?

  3. #193
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,545

    Re: Senate Narrowly Defeats Keystone XL Pipeline

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    And it too will be shipped overseas!
    And why would that matter at all, where it is sent?
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  4. #194
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Senate Narrowly Defeats Keystone XL Pipeline

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    And why would that matter at all, where it is sent?
    Because the point was made by some the oil will benefit the American people.

  5. #195
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,545

    Re: Senate Narrowly Defeats Keystone XL Pipeline

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Because the point was made by some the oil will benefit the American people.
    Well, it doesn't really matter where it goes, since oil is a world wide commodity. The more we produce, the better it is for lowering the world wide price. So it does benefit us by putting downward pressure on oil prices. In fact, since futures trading affects the price, just the news of us approving the pipeline would put downward pressure on the price of oil.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #196
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Senate Narrowly Defeats Keystone XL Pipeline

    Its gonna pass next year.


  7. #197
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: Senate Narrowly Defeats Keystone XL Pipeline

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    You're right there is no history of pipelines failing and they last forever. What was I thinking?

    PHMSA - Pipeline Failure Investigation Reports

    List of pipeline accidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Are you also forgetting the land that will be taken by eminent domain for a paultry 50 permanent jobs?
    And trains derail, and trucks crash and airplanes crash and refineries explode and ships sink...whats your point? Nothing is fool proof. And if we didn't do things because it might fail or break we would do nothing. But my point was, even if there was a certainty that no oil would ever leak from the pipeline, you would still oppose the project. You would simply move on to anther objection. And another. And another. Why? Because these aren't your real objections. Your real objection is ideological.

  8. #198
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Senate Narrowly Defeats Keystone XL Pipeline

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Well, it doesn't really matter where it goes, since oil is a world wide commodity. The more we produce, the better it is for lowering the world wide price. So it does benefit us by putting downward pressure on oil prices. In fact, since futures trading affects the price, just the news of us approving the pipeline would put downward pressure on the price of oil.
    How dare you bring fact into the emotional argument....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #199
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: Senate Narrowly Defeats Keystone XL Pipeline

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    No, tribal leaders have been all over the news all day! I didn't realize that AIM still existed, must be a new generation. They seem pretty serious in their opposition to the pipeline tho.
    They have every right to be, it's a direct violation of the treaties.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Senate Narrowly Defeats Keystone XL Pipeline

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Because the point was made by some the oil will benefit the American people.
    And of course it will, which is why Louisiana is for it. It means work for US refineries as well as the construction and supervision of the pipeline supply jobs. The Unions are for it as are the majority of the American people.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •