Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 99

Thread: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

  1. #11
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why is it ****ing stupid?
    Because his performance has nothing to do with his suspension. Pretending it does is too stupid to believe.

  2. #12
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,422

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why is it ****ing stupid? If a man built houses for a living and spent most of his time driving nails does it matter at all that he is an abusive asshole to his children? It would make sense to fire someone that works with children if they are found to be abusive to their own children, but otherwise, it makes no sense.
    Peterson agreed and then broke this: http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaRe...t%20Policy.pdf

    All persons associated with the NFL are required to avoid “conduct detrimental to the integrity
    of and public confidence in the National Football League.” This requirement applies to
    players, coaches, other team employees, owners, game officials and all others privileged to
    work in the National Football League.

    For many years, it has been well understood that rules promoting lawful, ethical, and
    responsible conduct serve the interests of the League, its players, and fans. Illegal or
    irresponsible conduct does more than simply tarnish the offender. It puts innocent people at
    risk, sullies the reputation of others involved in the game, and undermines public
    respect and support for the NFL.


    Standard of Conduct:
    While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons
    who engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for
    persons employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid
    being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club,
    you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is
    responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful.
    Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental
    and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a
    crime.


    Discipline may be imposed in any of the following circumstances:

     Criminal offenses including, but not limited to, those involving: the use or
    threat of violence;
    domestic violence and other forms of partner abuse; theft
    and other property crimes; sex offenses; obstruction or resisting arrest;
    disorderly conduct; fraud; racketeering; and money laundering;;
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Because his performance has nothing to do with his suspension. Pretending it does is too stupid to believe.
    So what is it exactly? That he broke some conduct agreement? I think we both know why that agreement exists and it's not because of rational concerns, but because idiots can't separate issues, which leaves the NFL in need of protecting their profits and image.

  4. #14
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So what is it exactly? That he broke some conduct agreement? I think we both know why that agreement exists and it's not because of rational concerns, but because idiots can't separate issues, which leaves the NFL in need of protecting their profits and image.
    Why can't you accept the consequences of child abuse?

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Why can't you accept the consequences of child abuse?
    What we are talking about is a consequence of a conduct agreement influenced by people that can't separate issues properly. Why would anyone in their right mind suspend a hall of fame running back for child abuse? Well, emotional idiot consumers is pretty much the only reason. Other than that, no one in their right mind would care enough.

    So yeah, the NFL heard the idiots and made their players sign an agreement that has nothing to do with their job. GG.

  6. #16
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What we are talking about is a consequence of a conduct agreement influenced by people that can't separate issues properly.
    No, I think you are separating issues in an unhealthy manner. Peterson's behavior is a direct reflection upon the NFL. The vast majority of people are not okay letting child abuse slide and continuing to support such a player or team. The NFL has enacted policy to address such.

    Just because you are fine with an unrepentant child abuser playing for your team does not mean that's normal. Your opinion is whacked out. You should understand that everyone else cares about the behavior of players on their team and the NFL. This goes for fans and employees of the NFL.

    No one wants to cheer for or work with such a disgusting and vile creature.

    Freedom of association. Why do you support racist business policy under the guise of FoA, but you ignore it for real issues? You claim being black should be grounds for denial of employment and service, but being a child abuser should not be grounds for denial of employment? I'd really like to see you rectify that. Please, explain to us why being black is grounds to deny employment but being a child abuser is not.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 11-18-14 at 05:56 PM.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    No, I think you are separating issues in an unhealthy manner. Peterson's behavior is a direct reflection upon the NFL.
    No, his behavior has nothing to do with the NFL.

    The vast majority of people are not okay letting child abuse slide and continuing to support such a player or team. The NFL has enacted policy to address such.
    Yeah, I know.

    Just because you are fine with an unrepentant child abuser playing for your team does not mean that's normal. Your opinion is whacked out. You should understand that everyone else cares about the behavior of players on their team and the NFL. This goes for fans and employees of the NFL.
    No, it doesn't. Players want to win games and not waste their time and primes on losing seasons. If a QB has a good running back behind him and good receivers his numbers will improve and his team will win more games. If however he is an emotional dip**** that doesn't like meanies then I suppose he will demand his star running back be suspended and do worse because of it. That is what is called a stupid ass being emotional.

    Freedom of association. Why do you support racist business policy under the guise of FoA, but you ignore it for real issues?
    I never said the NFL did anything wrong. What I said is that they were motivated to act because people like you are completely incapable of separating your emotion from the issue. If the consumer base of the NFL wasn't emotional dimbulbs more than likely Peterson would still be running every Sunday. Hell, maybe the Vikings would get a few more wins because of it too.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Why can't you accept the consequences of child abuse?
    Has he been convicted? Usually the consequences for crimes are given during sentencing.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #19
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Has he been convicted? Usually the consequences for crimes are given during sentencing.
    He violated his contract with the NFL. Courts don't matter.

  10. #20
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: NFL suspends Adrian Peterson without pay for at least rest of regular season

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, his behavior has nothing to do with the NFL.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •