Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 362

Thread: Republicans weigh government shutdown to stop Obama on immigration

  1. #281
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Republicans weigh government shutdown to stop Obama on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Can you tell me how many of the illiegals are refugees? Can you identify each one without having to ask qestions?
    if you are a refugee, you will have a legal status, [paperwork] if you are an illegal you will not.

    do i favor anyone stopped and questioned, ...no.

    do i favor being questioned [if stopped my law enforcement for something] if they are in the u.s. illegal.....absolutely.

  2. #282
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: Republicans weigh government shutdown to stop Obama on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    if you are a refugee, you will have a legal status, [paperwork] if you are an illegal you will not.

    do i favor anyone stopped and questioned, ...no.

    do i favor being questioned [if stopped my law enforcement for something] if they are in the u.s. illegal.....absolutely.
    How do you base your initial suspicions on who is a illiegal though? The answer is that most people base their initial suspicions on visual information, which can be biased and variable.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  3. #283
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Republicans weigh government shutdown to stop Obama on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    How do you base your initial suspicions on who is a illiegal though? The answer is that most people base their initial suspicions on visual information, which can be biased and variable.
    let me just ask a simple question:

    if someone is stopped by law enforcement [violation], are you against asking their legal status?

  4. #284
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,898

    Re: Republicans weigh government shutdown to stop Obama on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Are you at it again? Tossing more irrelevant stuff out there? Trying to get something to stick to the wall? Trying to find SOMETHING to justify your willingness to have Obama take the law into his own hands?


    Here's a secret, dude...you won't find it.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #285
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: Republicans weigh government shutdown to stop Obama on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Are you at it again? Tossing more irrelevant stuff out there? Trying to get something to stick to the wall? Trying to find SOMETHING to justify your willingness to have Obama take the law into his own hands?


    Here's a secret, dude...you won't find it.
    Its just that simple...

    You don't give a damn about whether these people suffer as long as they are punished according to your selfish desire to see punishment delivered. Punishment that is as cold and robotic as Hal 9000.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  6. #286
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,898

    Re: Republicans weigh government shutdown to stop Obama on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Its just that simple...

    You don't give a damn about whether these people suffer as long as they are punished according to your selfish desire to see punishment delivered. Punishment that is as cold and robotic as Hal 9000.
    Why should I care if they suffer because they made a bad choice, broke our law...entered our country illegally?

    Do you care if a guy suffers when he goes to jail for armed robbery? Have you seen a judge sentence that kind of guy to jail? Do you think the judge cares if he suffers?

    No. The guy broke the law. End of story.


    Oh...and I don't want to "see punishment delivered". I just want them to leave my country...the one they don't care enough about to enter legally.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #287
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: Republicans weigh government shutdown to stop Obama on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Its just that simple...

    You don't give a damn about whether these people suffer as long as they are punished according to your selfish desire to see punishment delivered. Punishment that is as cold and robotic as Hal 9000.
    And I already found the thing i need to justify my position: my empathy towards the suffering, what I have been brought to believe.

    I believe it is wrong to treat every criminal with the same merciless treatment reserved for real scumbags like geoglffry dahmer or al Capone. I especially believe that justice should be measured enough to show restraint.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  8. #288
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: Republicans weigh government shutdown to stop Obama on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Why should I care if they suffer because they made a bad choice, broke our law...entered our country illegally?

    Do you care if a guy suffers when he goes to jail for armed robbery? Have you seen a judge sentence that kind of guy to jail? Do you think the judge cares if he suffers?

    No. The guy broke the law. End of story.
    I guess that is the end of the story of the marine who got locked up in Mexico. "He broke the law, end of story."
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  9. #289
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: Republicans weigh government shutdown to stop Obama on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Why should I care if they suffer because they made a bad choice, broke our law...entered our country illegally?

    Do you care if a guy suffers when he goes to jail for armed robbery? Have you seen a judge sentence that kind of guy to jail? Do you think the judge cares if he suffers?

    No. The guy broke the law. End of story.


    Oh...and I don't want to "see punishment delivered". I just want them to leave my country...the one they don't care enough about to enter legally.
    Don't you think that after ten years of living here they might consider it their country too?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  10. #290
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,898

    Re: Republicans weigh government shutdown to stop Obama on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    And I already found the thing i need to justify my position: my empathy towards the suffering, what I have been brought to believe.

    I believe it is wrong to treat every criminal with the same merciless treatment reserved for real scumbags like geoglffry dahmer or al Capone. I especially believe that justice should be measured enough to show restraint.
    How about the illegal alien who, first, broke our law by entering illegally and then, ran some innocent young man down, killed him and continues to live illegally in our country?

    Do you care if he suffers?


    Tell me....do you have any respect for our rule of law? Or are you perfectly willing to let Obama take the law into his own hand?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •