Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 481

Thread: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

  1. #41
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,399

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Not realistic. We can't just go a' bombing. That is not the answer to everything.
    Yes we can. Who's going to stop us? Nobody cares if ISIS gets wiped out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #42
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,399

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Who's going to do the clean-up after the clean-up?
    American troops, just like we did after Operation Iraqi Freedom. You have noticed that the problems all started after we pulled out, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #43
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes we can. Who's going to stop us? Nobody cares if ISIS gets wiped out.
    You are talking about going into sovereign nations to bomb their people as well. Destroying infrastructure etc as well. That is completely unreasonable. Not to mention the ramifications from the rest of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #44
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,399

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    You are talking about going into sovereign nations to bomb their people as well. Destroying infrastructure etc as well. That is completely unreasonable. Not to mention the ramifications from the rest of the world.
    Not so much, since ISIS doesn't occupy many built up areas. However, the longer we wait to blow'em away, the more built up areas they will occupy. The time to strike was when they were moving their main body across the Iraqi desert, out in the open, away from non-combatants. The chances of collateral damage, at that point, would have been reduced to almost zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #45
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,670

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    The problem is that half-hearted measures like that won't be effective. And sending forces in piecemeal, as he's done, is very likely to get some of them killed while achieving nothing very important. This is an unmitigated disaster, and it is Mr. Obama's complete dereliction that's brought it about. Letting these jihadists stay where they are--and far more force than he's willing to use would be needed to drive them out--is inviting another attack even worse than 9/11. They have even more resources than Al Qaeda had during the years leading up to that, and as good a safe haven as they had in Afghanistan.

    Syria had large stocks of chemical weapons, and it is naive to think Assad, with his back to the wall, would have disclosed and removed any more than needed to give the appearance he was cooperating. The thought of a dozen suicides with flasks of sarin and VX spraying it around crowded public places all over the U.S. is a little unsettling. Disneyland, maybe?

    It's also possible that these jihadists could get anthrax weapons. We know Hussein's regime had learned the techniques for processing the germs into a form that would be militarily useful. About 6,000 liters of liquid anthrax culture were found and destroyed by international inspectors, along with processing machinery. Some of the people with that knowledge must be around, and there's no shortage of money to buy their help. And the raw materials needed did not disappear forever, just because a batch or two of them was destroyed years ago.

    When the U.S. had a biological weapons program, it had a study done of the probable effects of releasing one hundred kilos of weaponized anthrax powder from a cropduster flying upwind of a large city in weather conditions favorable for an attack. The dust was assumed to be released at a certain speed and altitude, during a certain number of seconds, while flying across the wind.

    The dust would settle everywhere, and many thousands of people would inhale small amounts of it--it does not take much. And this would happen for many hours or probably days, until the first cases appeared at hospitals and made people aware the anthrax was there. The study's conclusion was stunning--a well-designed attack like this could kill roughly as many people as a nuclear weapon exploded over the same city.

    Most of us hear light planes flying at night all the time, without having any idea where they are going, or who or what is on board. I've flown in a plane like that myself, at night over L.A. Nothing would prevent a plane from pulling out of a cropduster hangar a few dozen miles outside a city one night, and taking off with an unusual load. The whole thing would be done a few minutes later, and judging by the response on 9/11, it's very unlikely anyone would even know anything had happened, let alone react in time to stop it.

    Not to worry, though--the ship of state is safe and sound, with President Pinprick at the helm.
    Sometimes you have to seek small victories. Where is the rest of the world? And who in this country would set aside politics to support an Obama led war effort?

    "Jihadi John, the Briton who beheaded two British and two American hostages held by Islamic State terrorists, has been injured in a US-led air strike, according to reports received by the Foreign Office.
    The masked ‘executioner’ with a London accent is believed to have narrowly escaped death when he attended a summit of the group’s leaders in an Iraqi town close to the Syrian border last Saturday.
    The meeting was targeted by American and Iraqi jets."


    Read more: Got him! Jihadi John is 'wounded in US airstrike on secret bunker meeting of ISIS high command'* | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

  6. #46
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,576

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    American troops, just like we did after Operation Iraqi Freedom. You have noticed that the problems all started after we pulled out, right?
    No, the "problems" existed before, during and after our troops entered/left the picture. Just as the war on drugs is endless so too is the war on terror. Attempts at controlling the supply are not likely to work so long as demand persists. Much of the escalation of violence is caused by those outside the region putting arms into the region, mainly for personal profit. Note how many US supplied arms are now in the hands of ISIS fighters. We give them to "friends" in the region who, in turn, either sell them to the "enemy" or abandon them when someone spooks them (or their family). There are very, very few loyal Iraqis and there are many, many in Iraq that have strong "tribal" ties. Trying to pretend that Iraq is ready for any form of unified "coalition" leadership is the root cause of our failure to try to force that to happen.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Sometimes you have to seek small victories. Where is the rest of the world? And who in this country would set aside politics to support an Obama led war effort?

    "Jihadi John, the Briton who beheaded two British and two American hostages held by Islamic State terrorists, has been injured in a US-led air strike, according to reports received by the Foreign Office.
    The masked ‘executioner’ with a London accent is believed to have narrowly escaped death when he attended a summit of the group’s leaders in an Iraqi town close to the Syrian border last Saturday.
    The meeting was targeted by American and Iraqi jets."


    Read more: Got him! Jihadi John is 'wounded in US airstrike on secret bunker meeting of ISIS high command'* | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook


    I read about that. My first thought was that they cut it too fine in choosing the size of the bomb, out of the same exaggerated concern for civilian casualties that's hampered the U.S. military all along in fighting these people. There is no way a very large bomb leaves anyone at a meeting just wounded. This was not an enormous U-boat pen at Peenemunde they were attacking, with a reinforced concrete roof sixteen feet thick. The fact such important figures were allowed to survive, once they'd been pinpointed, is a serious blunder. Thanks to President Pinprick for keeping everyone on such a short leash they can't do the job right.

  8. #48
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    ISIS came out of Syria and that is all on Obama. Your attempt to blame Bush is beyond pathetic.

    ISIS: Islamic State in Iraq and Syria

    640px-Triple-facepalm.jpg
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #49
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,399

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    No, the "problems" existed before, during and after our troops entered/left the picture. Just as the war on drugs is endless so too is the war on terror. Attempts at controlling the supply are not likely to work so long as demand persists. Much of the escalation of violence is caused by those outside the region putting arms into the region, mainly for personal profit. Note how many US supplied arms are now in the hands of ISIS fighters. We give them to "friends" in the region who, in turn, either sell them to the "enemy" or abandon them when someone spooks them (or their family). There are very, very few loyal Iraqis and there are many, many in Iraq that have strong "tribal" ties. Trying to pretend that Iraq is ready for any form of unified "coalition" leadership is the root cause of our failure to try to force that to happen.
    If you kill enough of them, the demand will shrink. There was once a huge demand for Nazis. After we got done with them, not so much.

    Half-assed action, or no action at all won't work. I believe we've all seen that, by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #50
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    You are talking about going into sovereign nations to bomb their people as well. Destroying infrastructure etc as well. That is completely unreasonable. Not to mention the ramifications from the rest of the world.
    ****, recent history is a clear indication of "ramifications."
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •