Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 481

Thread: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

  1. #471
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    I disagree. I think Obama is, at heart, a pacifist and truly does not want to see our young people back in another war. But it has to be done, IMO. It is only going to get worse if we don't take the bull by the horns
    He doesn't seem to be much of anything. He will wear whatever hat he feels is necessary at the moment but there really is no 'there' there.

    Note his response when two Americans were among the five worshipers recently murdered by a Palestinian terrorists . Obama said the usual bromides he thinks is expected of him, and as though he is speaking wisdom, when in fact it was one lie after another.

    The fact is that nothing more can be expected from this man for the next two years. With the base Obama left them in the Middle East it can only give confidence to the Islamists, as well as to whoever wants to join them, and we will see terrorism continue to grow throughout the world as a result.

  2. #472
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Obama's strategy appears to be working well. In case you haven't noticed, ISIS is pretty much being defeated.

    I don't know what bull he should be taking by the horns. No point in sending American ground forces when the locals are getting the job done with the aid of a few airstrikes. ISIS was never a formidable foe, it was all media hype.
    Yeah, they are all JayVees, right? No Americans beheaded, no Christians butchered, women raped and sold or men boys beheaded. Its all lies and hype designed to make Dear Leader look bad.

  3. #473
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    W was somehow both an idiot and an evil mastermind who even 6 years on baffles dems.
    I know right....It really is quite amusing to hear them say that W struggled to tie his own shoes, then in the same post, argue that Obama, the smartest man on the planet is stymied with hands tied on how to do things because of W....

    Laughably pathetic.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #474
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,580

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yeah, they are all JayVees, right? No Americans beheaded, no Christians butchered, women raped and sold or men boys beheaded. Its all lies and hype designed to make Dear Leader look bad.
    It's a very small force. They seemed to be overwhelming, but only because the Iraqi military was so pathetic, and because the Iraqi people failed to initially fight them.

    I never suggested that ISIS isn't evil, only that they aren't a formidable foe. As far as "Dear Leader", I didn't know that North Korea was involved. If you are implying that they are making Obama look bad, I really don't know where you are getting that from, when his strategy is clearly working - ISIS is rapidly becoming ISWAS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  5. #475
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    It's a very small force. They seemed to be overwhelming, but only because the Iraqi military was so pathetic, and because the Iraqi people failed to initially fight them.
    It seems Dear Leader wasn't aware that the Iraqi army was not prepared to defend Iraq, despite declaring it 'stable'. The military told him, the CIA told him, and the previous administration told him that this was the case but DL never was able to sufficiently able to digest the message.

    I never suggested that ISIS isn't evil, only that they aren't a formidable foe. As far as "Dear Leader", I didn't know that North Korea was involved. If you are implying that they are making Obama look bad, I really don't know where you are getting that from, when his strategy is clearly working - ISIS is rapidly becoming ISWAS.
    Obama has a strategy? When did he develop that? What is it?? Does it involve Iran and Saudi Arabia? Israel?

  6. #476
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,580

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It seems Dear Leader wasn't aware that the Iraqi army was not prepared to defend Iraq, despite declaring it 'stable'. The military told him, the CIA told him, and the previous administration told him that this was the case but DL never was able to sufficiently able to digest the message.
    Obama isn't the president of Iraq. That's there problem. I certainly wouldn't consider Iraq an important ally of the US, and we have little economic interest in them. I'm a libertarian, I don't believe that we should intervene in the affairs of others, unless it effects us. The only military interest that we have in Iraq is to contain ISIS, which we have done.

    Obama has a strategy? When did he develop that? What is it?? Does it involve Iran and Saudi Arabia? Israel?
    I don't know anything about Iran, Saudi Arabia or Israel, but his strategy is to contain ISIS with airstrikes and by helping to train the Iraqi army, with minimal loss of life on the part of the American Military. If you would pay attention to the news, you would have known this.

    If you were POTUS, what would you do? Send a zillion US troops at the expense of US taxpayers to defend worthless Iraqis who won't fight for themselves? And what would our troops do, stand in the middle of the desert and wait for someone to shoot at them? We can't tell the difference between the native population and ISIS (some of who ARE part of the native population). I think that's the job of Iraqi soldiers, not our soldiers.

    Regardless, ISIS is clearly losing, and without the loss of American Soldiers life or limb. That's a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  7. #477
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Obama isn't the president of Iraq. That's there problem. I certainly wouldn't consider Iraq an important ally of the US, and we have little economic interest in them. I'm a libertarian, I don't believe that we should intervene in the affairs of others, unless it effects us. The only military interest that we have in Iraq is to contain ISIS, which we have done.
    I don't know anything about Iran, Saudi Arabia or Israel, but his strategy is to contain ISIS with airstrikes and by helping to train the Iraqi army, with minimal loss of life on the part of the American Military. If you would pay attention to the news, you would have known this.
    If you were POTUS, what would you do? Send a zillion US troops at the expense of US taxpayers to defend worthless Iraqis who won't fight for themselves? And what would our troops do, stand in the middle of the desert and wait for someone to shoot at them? We can't tell the difference between the native population and ISIS (some of who ARE part of the native population). I think that's the job of Iraqi soldiers, not our soldiers. Regardless, ISIS is clearly losing, and without the loss of American Soldiers life or limb. That's a success.
    Yes, Obama is not the President of Iraq and I would send a zillion soldiers. Well done.

  8. #478
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    If he was a pacifist he wouldnt have been so swift to arms in Syria and Libya. I dont think he wants war-but thats because he wanted getting out of Iraq to be his legacy (and the ACA). He pulled out to try to keep that image, but look at what that got us-now we have the crap choice of sitting by and watching ISIS grow (killing and raping children as they do) or going back in-and the cherry on top is the longer we wait the worse it will get.


    I don't agree with all of your reasoning, but do agree that the longer we wait, the worse it will get. Congress could get their heads out of the sand and authorize troops.

  9. #479
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Obama's strategy appears to be working well. In case you haven't noticed, ISIS is pretty much being defeated.

    I don't know what bull he should be taking by the horns. No point in sending American ground forces when the locals are getting the job done with the aid of a few airstrikes. ISIS was never a formidable foe, it was all media hype.


    I doubt very much that ISIL is close to being defeated!

  10. #480
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    He doesn't seem to be much of anything. He will wear whatever hat he feels is necessary at the moment but there really is no 'there' there.

    Note his response when two Americans were among the five worshipers recently murdered by a Palestinian terrorists . Obama said the usual bromides he thinks is expected of him, and as though he is speaking wisdom, when in fact it was one lie after another.

    The fact is that nothing more can be expected from this man for the next two years. With the base Obama left them in the Middle East it can only give confidence to the Islamists, as well as to whoever wants to join them, and we will see terrorism continue to grow throughout the world as a result.


    What did you expect him to do about the American/Isralie Rabbis that were killed? Wait until tomorrow if you think that there is nothing left for him to do!

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •