Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 481

Thread: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

  1. #171
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Why would fossil fuels be declining in importance ?

    It's definitely NOT due to some new and credible alternative energy source.

    And AGW is bull s***. Climate "change " used to be called " global warming " until it was revealed that we were actually cooling and the NOAA was using BS data to " prove " its existence.

    Gruber was right to a degree. YES, there are a percentage of American voters that are idiots ( Obama Supporters ) , but they don't represent the majority of Americans.
    Well, with the human population expanding to 10,000,000,000-16,000,000,000 and the rise of the global middle class and its demand for gas hungry commodities, its going to be gone in 50 years. Those are Exxon and British Petroleum estimates on global oil reserves, not government issued ones. You might be able to squeeze out a decade or two more with advances in technology, but only so many mass extinctions (sufficient to build concentrated amounts of fossil fuel) have occurred in the past couple hundred million years.

    Don't care about your climate change babble. For "whatever reason" its getting harder to grow food in the Middle East, so food prices are set to rise which is going to be sending young males directly into the ranks of crime syndicates (which in the Middle East are also usually terrorist organizations) in order to get a bigger share of the shrinking pie.

    The Arab Spring itself is a result of rising food prices and its enflaming influence on ethnic and religious tension in the Middle East.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 11-16-14 at 08:27 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  2. #172
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,774
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Here's something truthful


    The Rise of ISIS | FRONTLINE | PBS

    Watch it.
    ISIS is the result of BHO's abdication in Iraq and hesitation in Syria.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #173
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,238

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Here's something truthful


    The Rise of ISIS | FRONTLINE | PBS

    Watch it.

    If it ignores WHY they grew exponentially in power and size and influence over the last 2 years then there's little " truth " to it.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I know Canada is helping and have destroyed a couple of ISIS planes, but what progress is being made is unclear. I get the feeling this will be lower profile than the last invasion.
    The UK as well. The fact that this conflict STILL does not have a name says volumes, even the media will play it down because its counter to the narrative of Obama ending any war.

  5. #175
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The UK as well. The fact that this conflict STILL does not have a name says volumes, even the media will play it down because its counter to the narrative of Obama ending any war.
    ... its Operation Inherent Resolve, and its been mentioned.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  6. #176
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,238

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Well, with the human population expanding to 10,000,000,000-16,000,000,000 and the rise of the global middle class and its demand for gas hungry commodities, its going to be gone in 50 years. Those are Exxon and British Petroleum estimates on global oil reserves, not government issued ones. You might be able to squeeze out a decade or two more with advances in technology, but only so many dinosaurs and plants died.

    Don't care about your climate change babble. For "whatever reason" its getting harder to grow food in the Middle East, so food prices are set to rise which is going to be sending young males directly into the ranks of crime syndicates (which in the Middle East are also usually terrorist organizations) in order to get a bigger share of the shrinking pie.


    The NOAA LIED and so did the Australian Meteorology Bureau when they got caught manipulating data to arrive at a predetermined conclusion.

    Thats not " Science, that's fraud.

    And its getting harder to grow food in the desert ? With a rising ISIS threat because if a indifferent American Government ?

    Go figure.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    And what about the beheading's by Saudi Arabia for petty crimes?

    Who will stop them?

    When It Comes to Beheadings, ISIS Has Nothing Over Saudi Arabia

    http://www.newsweek.com/2014/10/24/w...ia-277385.html

    Shock over ISIS beheadings but silence over Saudi Arabia beheadings, Janine di Giovanni says oil prevents criticism

    Shock over ISIS beheadings but silence over Saudi Arabia beheadings, Janine di Giovanni says oil prevents criticism | The Current with Anna Maria Tremonti | CBC Radio


    To condemn (rightly) ISIS, but give Saudi Arabia a pass on beheading's is hypocritical (i.e. two faced).

    Typical neocon practise...condemn atrocities of enemies, ignore them of 'allies' - makes me sick.
    This is a silly comparison. I disagree with many aspects of Saudi culture, but when they start violently invading neighbors, raping women and children, forcing them into slavery, and killing the rest get back to me. They simply aren't equivocal so dont even go there.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    For petty crimes?

    'It appears that the majority of those executed (in Saudi Arabia) in August were guilty of nonlethal crimes, including drug trafficking, adultery, apostasy and "sorcery." Four members of one family, Amnesty reports, were beheaded for "receiving drugs."'

    Saudi Arabia, key to Obamas strategy, beheaded at least 8 people last month - The Washington Post

    You say 'so be it' to public beheading's for 'adultery'...yes or no?
    Its still not a comparable situation.

  9. #179
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    If you can't objectively criticize bad foreign policy ( Obama pulling ALL American Military assets out of Iraq against the better judgement of those around him who knew better ) because it contradicts with your Political affiliation then maybe you should stay put in the Partisan section of the forum.

    It would appear that all the Islamic radicals need in this world to increase their numbers and power is a indifferent American Government who acts out of ideological precepts ther than intelligent Foreign Policy decisions.

    And thats exactly how ISIS got their power
    If you think that I think Obama and his Administration are without fault, then you'd be wrong again.

    Now acknowledge that if the invasion hadn't happened in the first ****ing place, this world would be in a much better state. And don't ****ing tell me Bush wasn't warned that **** like this would not happen.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  10. #180
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,963

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    This war is going to take decades, maybe centuries. Get used to it because you are already in it like it or not.
    Spoken in the same spirit as Alexander the Great, and the British Empire... all of whom failed to capture and hold the ME for any meaningful length of time.

    I understand what Obama was told, and I agree that the choice he made contributed to this situation. However, it's a choice that will have to be made eventually. The U.S. cannot fight a forever war, no matter how much you think it should. We have limited resources and the war on "terror" is creating huge opportunity costs for us as a country. Not to mention, it's turning us into a second rate power that's making us look like an empire building nation, and it's making us look like we are being caught with our pants down now that Russia is coming back onto the scene.

    We've squandered everything on our ME projects, without success, while real dangers are beginning to appear.

Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •