Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 481

Thread: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    He is alone for a lot of reasons and there is no doubt he has made some horrible decisions. Now what?
    I know Canada is helping and have destroyed a couple of ISIS planes, but what progress is being made is unclear. I get the feeling this will be lower profile than the last invasion.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    He has...what...the backing of the mighty Iraqi army? A few Saudis? Where is the rest of the world?

    Seriously...I want you to declare, loud and proud, that if he decided to obligate troops in a boots on the ground war, the right wouldnt lose their ****ing mind over it. Go ahead. And forget about the left. They are completely twisted over this whole thing.
    That's the gist of the issue isn't it? A sizeable percentage of the Republican electorate were all in favor of withdrawing in 2011.



    Three in Four Americans Back Obama on Iraq Withdrawal



    In 2008, Republicans refused avoided the Iraq war like the plague because they knew the American populace was against it. Now they're in support of going back to fix the cluster**** started by the Bush administration? Seems like there are a lot of fairweather Republican supporters of the Iraq war. However, there isn't much Obama can do about what's going on in Iraq. Most Arab countries are useless, the coalition of the willing peaced out as far back as 2007 and Americans will support going back to Iraq as long as the caskets aren't piling up. Once they do, they'll believe we need to get out again.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    RIP. Life is cheap under ISIS, and Obama has allowed ISIS to flourish. These attacks will continue until our weak President decides to get serious.
    And what about the beheading's by Saudi Arabia for petty crimes?

    Who will stop them?

    When It Comes to Beheadings, ISIS Has Nothing Over Saudi Arabia

    http://www.newsweek.com/2014/10/24/w...ia-277385.html

    Shock over ISIS beheadings but silence over Saudi Arabia beheadings, Janine di Giovanni says oil prevents criticism

    Shock over ISIS beheadings but silence over Saudi Arabia beheadings, Janine di Giovanni says oil prevents criticism | The Current with Anna Maria Tremonti | CBC Radio


    To condemn (rightly) ISIS, but give Saudi Arabia a pass on beheading's is hypocritical (i.e. two faced).

    Typical neocon practise...condemn atrocities of enemies, ignore them of 'allies' - makes me sick.

  4. #154
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,737
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    And what about the beheading's by Saudi Arabia for petty crimes?

    Who will stop them?

    When It Comes to Beheadings, ISIS Has Nothing Over Saudi Arabia

    http://www.newsweek.com/2014/10/24/w...ia-277385.html

    Shock over ISIS beheadings but silence over Saudi Arabia beheadings, Janine di Giovanni says oil prevents criticism

    Shock over ISIS beheadings but silence over Saudi Arabia beheadings, Janine di Giovanni says oil prevents criticism | The Current with Anna Maria Tremonti | CBC Radio


    To condemn (rightly) ISIS, but give Saudi Arabia a pass on beheading's is hypocritical (i.e. two faced).
    If Saudi Arabia's beheadings are a product of their judicial system, so be it. We have capital punishment in the US.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #155
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    We're not allowed to blame Bush. It's been 6 years, and if Obama can't clean up the Middle East in that amount of time, it's time to give the job back to Republicans. What this situation needs is some good ol' Texas backbone.
    There is no "cleaning up" the Middle East, at all, for Obama, Bush or anyone. Climate change and the declining importance of fossil fuels have guaranteed increasing political instability and radicalism for decades to come. With existing technologies, infrastructure, personnel, and geopolitical constraints, we can't pick off radicals faster than circumstances will convert them from the local population.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 11-16-14 at 08:04 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    If Saudi Arabia's beheadings are a product of their judicial system, so be it. We have capital punishment in the US.
    For petty crimes?

    'It appears that the majority of those executed (in Saudi Arabia) in August were guilty of nonlethal crimes, including drug trafficking, adultery, apostasy and "sorcery." Four members of one family, Amnesty reports, were beheaded for "receiving drugs."'

    Saudi Arabia, key to Obama’s strategy, beheaded at least 8 people last month - The Washington Post

    You say 'so be it' to public beheading's for 'adultery'...yes or no?

  7. #157
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The Obama admin REALLY helped create ISIS, and now it has its own bit of real estate as well. This image is from 2 weeks ago-and its growing. Terror flourishes under Obama-FACT.
    That's right! I forgot how much Iraqis looooooooooove being invaded, killed and tortured!11!11!11!11!!!!! And lest not forget having their homes destroyed, their infrastructure decimated, their country in shambles, all to get a "see-you-later-****-you" from the US. Like it or not, your country is responsible for the mess. Invading countries is serious business.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  8. #158
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You dont appear to know the history of the organization.
    I'm afraid you're the one who is out to lunch, but let me help you. Here's an excellent doc:

    The Rise of ISIS | FRONTLINE | PBS


    Watch it.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #159
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,737
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    For petty crimes?

    'It appears that the majority of those executed (in Saudi Arabia) in August were guilty of nonlethal crimes, including drug trafficking, adultery, apostasy and "sorcery." Four members of one family, Amnesty reports, were beheaded for "receiving drugs."'

    Saudi Arabia, key to Obama’s strategy, beheaded at least 8 people last month - The Washington Post

    You say 'so be it' to public beheading's for 'adultery'...yes or no?
    It's not like they didn't know the downside. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #160
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    This is is a job for the Army supported by the Air Force. Before that happens we need to determine what is in this nation's interest.

    We can stop our attack on Americans in this country by shutting down the Soviet-style EPA. We can increase our energy production here so we have less need to be involved in the Middle East. We can protect our electric grid from ground attack.

    And we can choose to leave Americans who have been captured by terrorist organizations to be tortured and beheaded.

    It is up to us.
    Or the US can chose from this time forward to fix the errors made in the Middle East and eventually win back the trust and admiration of it's people.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •