Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 481

Thread: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

  1. #121
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    We aren't talking about (Obama's) Chicago. WE dont lack the will-YOU lack the will. You are content with ISIS flourishing and I am not. Just admit the difference, is it that hard?
    You refuse to admit the basic reality that each Muslim country that we enter we can never exit or these maggots simply pop up again. Using your stay until the threat is gone plan we will spend ourselves into the ground. Whirled peas is a noble goal but let's have our NATO allies help (including paying for) defend us for a change. This coalition forces nonsense is getting far too expensive, especially when coupled with the required nation building costs.

    The Iraq war by numbers - Business Insider
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 11-16-14 at 06:47 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #122
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    No, it's you-- seriously. Obviously something was done wrong, when the two most valuable targets, by far, were allowed to get away to murder more people. The only way that could have happened is for someone--and for an operation this important that can only have been Mr. Obama--to have restrained the military commanders from using enough force to be sure of killing every single person in, under, or near that house.
    The very fact is they are DOING something about it. They killed 10 high value targets and wounded several others. Who else in the WORLD right now is acting to stop ISIS?

    Its you and people like you.

  3. #123
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That war was lost in 2011 when Obama retreated and there is no going back. Islamists have gained remarkably since Obama's retreat and they will continue to make gains on several fronts. Here's another more benign, yet effective, method. If it was Christianity being taught in the school perhaps a bigger fuss might have been made. http://www.barenakedislam.com/2014/1...the-classroom/
    I have said he screwed up during the negotiated withdrawal. You cant unbreak ****...all you can do is try to fix it. Obama is at least engaging ISIS. Who else is?

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    If the most powerful military on the planet cannot defeat an enemy with no air force, no navy and a rag-tag, at best, army in under a decade then we have a terrible battle plan. Remember that our very presence (mere existence?) is seen as an act of aggression to these Jihadists. Just how many decades of "war on terror" are you willing to accept?
    The US may have the strongest military in the world but the have an anti-military media which leads to a largely uncertain and confused public turning in on themselves. And of course it is not a matter of how many decades the US is prepared to accept but how long they will be under attack by terrorists. That is out of American hands.

    Obama could not possibly 'end the war in Iraq' as he claimed, and had his followers believing. Islamists will simply continue the war militarily and other fronts and, of course, as OBL said, the people will follow the stronger horse. We can see why ISIS recruiting is up.

    Everyone outside the USA understands Obama is weak and the subject of derision, and that spells long term problems for the American people and all the western democracies. As much as many Americans would rightly want others to take over world leadership it is quite impossible. There is no one else.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I have said he screwed up during the negotiated withdrawal. You cant unbreak ****...all you can do is try to fix it. Obama is at least engaging ISIS. Who else is?
    We'll see how long his engagement works and how the media covers it.

    I doubt it will be genuinely fixed until a new President is elected. No world leader can possibly trust the whimsical leadership of Barrack Obama but, I believe, they will respond after 2016. We can hope that minimal harm is done before that time because the Islamists are aware of that date also. The Islamists are, oddly enough, also winning the propaganda wars.

  6. #126
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,970

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    It was precisely the lack of action that allowed ISIS to flourish. And yes, without a sustained and committed presence they will come back. Welcome to vigilance in the war on terror.
    Vigilance has to be never ending and involve non-stop funding and commitment of lives and resources of our military. You call it vigilance, I call it a fool's hope.

    Lack of action isn't the problem. Just when it seemed reasonably safe we did a calculated troop withdrawal and then bam, suddenly there's a big new bad guy to deal with. If vigilance requires sustaining support resources at current levels or higher indefinitely, our nation will collapse. Look at how the past 10-15 years have affected our country. We simply can't go another 10-15.

    It's never ending. We were always in over our heads. That's pride for you.

  7. #127
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,744

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    If londoner "Jihadi John" is captured by US forces what should be done to him

    shot on the spot

    imprisoned for life

    given to the syrians

    sent to another country for brutal torture for the rest of his existence

    execute him on the air in a brutal fashion as retribution for his beheading of US Captives?



  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    You refuse to admit the basic reality that each Muslim country that we enter we can never exit or these maggots simply pop up again. Using your stay until the threat is gone plan we will spend ourselves into the ground. Whirled peas is a noble goal but let's have our NATO allies help (including paying for) defend us for a change. This coalition forces nonsense is getting far too expensive, especially when coupled with the required nation building costs.

    The Iraq war by numbers - Business Insider
    What I am describing would be more like a low level peace keeping mission, but THAT means first defeating the enemy and then committing to helping those nations do the same against these islamists-and THATS who we are talking about, not all muslims or muslim nations. We have a presence in europe and asia after WW2 and Korea to this day, its not the end of the world. This would be no different.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    Vigilance has to be never ending and involve non-stop funding and commitment of lives and resources of our military. You call it vigilance, I call it a fool's hope.

    Lack of action isn't the problem. Just when it seemed reasonably safe we did a calculated troop withdrawal and then bam, suddenly there's a big new bad guy to deal with. If vigilance requires sustaining support resources at current levels or higher indefinitely, our nation will collapse. Look at how the past 10-15 years have affected our country. We simply can't go another 10-15.

    It's never ending. We were always in over our heads. That's pride for you.
    War is the natural situation of things and people just have to learn to accept it. But because of strong American leadership in the past they seem to think that peace is normal, or that our enemies are simply misunderstood and have a legitimate beef. People who think like that are really unsafe to be around.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The very fact is they are DOING something about it. They killed 10 high value targets and wounded several others. Who else in the WORLD right now is acting to stop ISIS?

    Its you and people like you.
    Obamas response is a day late and a dollar short, he's not acting because he wants to win, he's acting to mitigate headlines-so he can say he's doing something.

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •