Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 481

Thread: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You mentioned the EPA but even most of those you name wouldn't laugh if they had a clue as to what's going on. Power Plant Closures - IER
    This regime has maintained the pace of their relentless attack against the American people. ISIS cannot do as much damage to this nation as the Obama regime has and continues to do.

  2. #102
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,585

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you are talking about ISIS in Iraq now and not in 2100. I wasn't sure what 'corrupt regime you were referring to because, in the ME, there is no other kind.
    Islamism is a great deal more than 'a civil war'. Just this thread should alert everyone to that.
    I agree completely yet we have "allies" that are, basically, all in on the idea of having Islamic state(s). While we (the west) see church and state as separate entities the Islamists do not. We will, eventually, have to fight the great Jihad but, hopefully, after I am dead,
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I agree completely yet we have "allies" that are, basically, all in on the idea of having Islamic state(s). While we (the west) see church and state as separate entities the Islamists do not. We will, eventually, have to fight the great Jihad but, hopefully, after I am dead,
    It would have been better to do it sooner than later. The presidential passing of the buck is not what Truman would have done.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Using a new label du jour for those bad guys wanting to establish a caliphate changes nothing. Iraq is wide open because Iraq is no longer under the thumb of a powerful dictator with a strong security force. Our acting as that strong security force "works" only so long as we keep doing so. There is no exit strategy for Iraq, just as there is none for Afghanistan - Vietnamization does not work.
    Do I need to post the number of terror attacks by month in Iraq again? They suddenly spike and stay high right about when Obama pulled out of iraq. THAT has nothing to do with Saddam, but you are right-the "exit strategy" was apparently leave and hope nothing happens. Thats what obama did, and thats why Obama is responsible. You can't run on pulling out of Iraq and then once you've done it and it blows up claim that its not your fault. He did this.

    Where we are-is that you are willing to allow terrorism to flourish and I am not.


    Last edited by US Conservative; 11-16-14 at 05:47 PM.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Please don't let those pesky facts ruin a perfectly good delusion.
    Isis is certainly its own defacto state. Perhaps they will name a city Obamastan?

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It would have been better to do it sooner than later. The presidential passing of the buck is not what Truman would have done.
    The buck stops with Obama's successor. Is anyone surprised?

  7. #107
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,585

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Do I need to post the number of terror attacks by month in Iraq again? They suddenly spike and stay high right about when Obama pulled out of iraq. THAT has nothing to do with Saddam, but you are right-the "exit strategy" was apparently leave and hope nothing happens. Thats what obama did, and thats why Obama is responsible. You can't run on pulling out of Iraq and then once you've done it and it blows up claim that its not your fault. He did this.

    Where we are-is that you are willing to allow terrorism to flourish and I am not.
    If the most powerful military on the planet cannot defeat an enemy with no air force, no navy and a rag-tag, at best, army in under a decade then we have a terrible battle plan. Remember that our very presence (mere existence?) is seen as an act of aggression to these Jihadists. Just how many decades of "war on terror" are you willing to accept?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #108
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,429

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    It's so incredibly lazy that you just waltz in here to hurl insults at Obama but can't seem to lay out what should be done. I mean is that all you people do around here? Whine about Obama without providing any kind of substance?

    Did you realize there were beheadings under Bush? Did you cry about him being weak? Selective outrage.
    Yeah, that fee speech thingy can be a real bitch when you won't consider the content....Obama a military strategist....


    seriously?
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #109
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,429

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    ISIS isn't a country, it's a terrorist group that didn't exist before G.W. Bush invaded Iraq.

    It didn't exist before Obama pulled out of Iraq either, so your point is moot.

    One not need be a country to be a nation. In that regard I would say they do just as much as the Palestinians qualify as a nation, like how American natives qualify as nations etc.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US hostage Kassig 'killed by IS'

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    If the most powerful military on the planet cannot defeat an enemy with no air force, no navy and a rag-tag, at best, army in under a decade then we have a terrible battle plan. Remember that our very presence (mere existence?) is seen as an act of aggression to these Jihadists. Just how many decades of "war on terror" are you willing to accept?
    We do have a terrible battle plan beacause-WE AREN'T FIGHTING. And to make that worse, we TELL our enemy when we are going to leave.

    Im willing to fight terror as long as it takes, Im NOT willing to surrender to evil, and it appears you are. Thats the difference.

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •