Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Working for ICE 'is Hell right now,' as Obama plans amnesty for illegals

  1. #1
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Working for ICE 'is Hell right now,' as Obama plans amnesty for illegals

    Working for ICE 'is Hell right now,' as Obama plans amnesty for illegals | WashingtonExaminer.com

    “The president's gradual, calculated dismantling of our immigration system has caused morale to plummet in the agencies of the Department of Homeland Security. Career immigration officials have courageously objected in public, and sometimes resorted to lawsuits to draw attention to the administration's subversion of the law. In denial about their principled objections to his scheme, now the president is hoping to stifle their voices by offering them a pay increase as part of this outrageous plan. His assumption that they are motivated by money shows just how little respect he has for the men and women who have devoted their careers to public service in immigration.”
    Immigration.jpg

    Honestly, what in the hell are we doing? Is this just a temper tantrum because of the elections? Is this purely to piss off the people he hates?

    What benefit is there to this, and why is Obama in such a mad rush on this? What purpose does it serve other than to sway future votes? Why does he feel the need to pay off the ICE employees?

    I know almost nobody that wants this. Nobody. Regardless of their politics.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,703

    Re: Working for ICE 'is Hell right now,' as Obama plans amnesty for illegals

    Actually, I think a whole lot of people would support some form of amnesty. Of course, just like those that supported Obamacare, they have no idea what that really means.

    A lot of people really believe that poor Guatemalans, Salvadorians, Costa Ricans and Mexicans choose to hike across the border just to find a job so that they can support themselves. While that is the motivation for some of the illegals there is also a large contingent of them that are coming here because they are fleeing justice in their homeland, have been kicked out of their town for any of a number of reasons, are assisting someone already here in a criminal enterprise or are simply defrauding the American public.

  3. #3
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Working for ICE 'is Hell right now,' as Obama plans amnesty for illegals

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    /working-for-ice-is-hell-
    [/B]right-now-as-obama-plans-amnesty-for-illegals/article/2556174]Working for ICE 'is Hell right now,' as Obama plans amnesty for illegals | WashingtonExaminer.com




    Immigration.jpg

    Honestly, what in the hell are we doing? Is this just a temper tantrum because of the elections? Is this purely to piss off the people he hates?

    What benefit is there to this, and why is Obama in such a mad rush on this? What purpose does it serve other than to sway future votes? Why does he feel the need to pay off the ICE employees?

    I know almost nobody that wants this. Nobody. Regardless of their politics.


    My experience with ICE is that getting those people to do anything is HELL.

    The only way that I got my stepdaughters citizenship paperwork through their Godawful mess was by getting my congressman on them.

    After I got his office on them the paperwork zipped through.

    A man has to do what a man has to do.

  4. #4
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Working for ICE 'is Hell right now,' as Obama plans amnesty for illegals

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Actually, I think a whole lot of people would support some form of amnesty. Of course, just like those that supported Obamacare, they have no idea what that really means.

    A lot of people really believe that poor Guatemalans, Salvadorians, Costa Ricans and Mexicans choose to hike across the border just to find a job so that they can support themselves. While that is the motivation for some of the illegals there is also a large contingent of them that are coming here because they are fleeing justice in their homeland, have been kicked out of their town for any of a number of reasons, are assisting someone already here in a criminal enterprise or are simply defrauding the American public.
    I suppose you have numbers on that.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,496

    Re: Working for ICE 'is Hell right now,' as Obama plans amnesty for illegals

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    My experience with ICE is that getting those people to do anything is HELL.

    The only way that I got my stepdaughters citizenship paperwork through their Godawful mess was by getting my congressman on them.

    After I got his office on them the paperwork zipped through.

    A man has to do what a man has to do.
    That in a nutshell is the problem with our immigration. It's virtually impossible to become a citizen of this country unless you know someone.
    Not that I'm getting on you about it - in your shoes I'd do the same. It shouldn't be that hard.

    I laugh when people talk about how their parents did it the right way and legally immigrated. My grandparents did as well. They got on a boat, went through Ellis Island, found a place to live in lower Manhattan and got jobs. That's not how it works any longer so making that comparison is nonsensical.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  6. #6
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,703

    Re: Working for ICE 'is Hell right now,' as Obama plans amnesty for illegals

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I suppose you have numbers on that.
    Well, nothing concrete, but using 2013 numbers from ICE 82% of the "interior removals" and 59% of all removals involved individuals with a criminal record so that was roughly 217,000 criminal illegal aliens removed during the year. I figure it would be safe to assume that some weren't caught and, from what I've been reading, it seems that not every criminal illegal alien caught is actually removed. In fact, it seems that right around 36,000 criminal illegal aliens were released rather than removed.

    So, we KNOW that in just one year a number of illegals comparable to the population of Rochester, NY were caught and removed. Now, if you want to do a little extrapolation on what that actually means you can feel free but I figure that "a large contingent" is a reasonable phrase to use.

    FY 2013 ICE Immigration Removals | ICE
    ICE Document Details 36,000 Criminal Alien Releases in 2013 | Center for Immigration Studies

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Working for ICE 'is Hell right now,' as Obama plans amnesty for illegals

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Working for ICE 'is Hell right now,' as Obama plans amnesty for illegals | WashingtonExaminer.com



    Immigration.jpg

    Honestly, what in the hell are we doing? Is this just a temper tantrum because of the elections? Is this purely to piss off the people he hates?

    What benefit is there to this, and why is Obama in such a mad rush on this? What purpose does it serve other than to sway future votes? Why does he feel the need to pay off the ICE employees?

    I know almost nobody that wants this. Nobody. Regardless of their politics.
    Obama is doing this for votes, screw the American people.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Working for ICE 'is Hell right now,' as Obama plans amnesty for illegals

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    That in a nutshell is the problem with our immigration. It's virtually impossible to become a citizen of this country unless you know someone.
    Not that I'm getting on you about it - in your shoes I'd do the same. It shouldn't be that hard.

    I laugh when people talk about how their parents did it the right way and legally immigrated. My grandparents did as well. They got on a boat, went through Ellis Island, found a place to live in lower Manhattan and got jobs. That's not how it works any longer so making that comparison is nonsensical.
    My dad came here in the 1970's. And he did it the right way, though it took years. He was the first in his family to go to college. If he did it right, and since we take in more legal immigrants than any other nation on earth (over a million a year last I checked) why can't they?

  9. #9
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Working for ICE 'is Hell right now,' as Obama plans amnesty for illegals


  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Working for ICE 'is Hell right now,' as Obama plans amnesty for illegals

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    My experience with ICE is that getting those people to do anything is HELL.

    The only way that I got my stepdaughters citizenship paperwork through their Godawful mess was by getting my congressman on them.

    After I got his office on them the paperwork zipped through.

    A man has to do what a man has to do.


    You are aware Shrub, ICE has only been around since 2001.

    Before ICE there was the INS aka "La Migra."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •