Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 185

Thread: US Sailors Victims of Videotaped Attack in Istanbul

  1. #131
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: US Sailors Victims of Videotaped Attack in Istanbul

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    The US was targeting Yemeni members of al-Qaeda and Taliban and other terror organizations, hence terrorists.
    These organizations have committed international crimes, being a member of such organization means you are responsible for its actions.
    Their are group in Afghanistan who sell drugs and kill people, they are terrorists. They are groups in America and Mexico who sell drugs and kill people, but they aren't terrorists, because you say so.

    I have no doubts but it's not about who kills more, it's about legitimacy to attack in a foreign nation which you falsely claimed the US doesn't have, I've already proven you wrong in comparing between the American attacks on Afghanistan and a Mexican attack on US soil.
    You have proved nothing. You have zero consistency in your logic, you just think if you arbitrarily call someone a terrorist it has any kind of meaning.

    Since they became members of an organization responsible for the murder of thousands of Americans.
    How many Yemeni's were behind 9/11 again?

    All the more reason that your case is weak.
    I already said that this specific incident could be an act of crime and it could be that the one who operated this specific drone needs to be investigated and punished (again I'm not familiar with the incident so I don't know what actually happened), but that has nothing to do with your claim about American soldiers targeting civilians which is simply untrue and is really demonizing American soldiers.
    Its not being investigated in the slightest. One of the people killed in that attack was a 16 year old American citizen. His family has tried to file lawsuits, but they have gotten nowhere. I'm not trying to smear American soldiers in general, as most of them time they go to great lengths to minimize damage. That doesn't change the fact that their are deliberate killing of civilians that are ordered and condoned by the highest levels of government.

  2. #132
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: US Sailors Victims of Videotaped Attack in Istanbul

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    They didn't make an international incident of it. The mangy Turks did by videotaping it and putting it on the Internet.
    Whatever. I'm just talking trash because the Navy is geigh. I don't know all the details of the story and frankly don't really care.

    The bottom line, for me anyhow, is that this is no big deal.

    I fought Turks, I fought Germans, I fought Italians, and I fought the French Foreign Legion one time.

    And of course we fought other Americans all the time.

    No. Big. Deal.

    I don't care if Turks hate Americans, I don't care if the Turkish government isn't combing the streets looking for the goons that beat these guys down, I don't care who started it, I don't care why, and I don't care that these guys were Islamic and "derrrr, look at the religion of peace, derrrr".

    Americans in a foreign city fought local nationals and lost.

    BFD

    I do agree that Turks are mangy people derived from the shallowest end of the gene pool.
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  3. #133
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,092

    Re: US Sailors Victims of Videotaped Attack in Istanbul

    [QUOTE=youngturk;1063975948]Two wrongs don't make a right.That american guy didn't do anything wrong.

    Everbody should protest whatever they want but in a civilized way.[/QUOTE

    l see that but turkish soldiers didnt do anything either.sorry there is no civility in international arena.
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  4. #134
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,092

    Re: US Sailors Victims of Videotaped Attack in Istanbul

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    Whatever. I'm just talking trash because the Navy is geigh. I don't know all the details of the story and frankly don't really care.

    The bottom line, for me anyhow, is that this is no big deal.

    I fought Turks, I fought Germans, I fought Italians, and I fought the French Foreign Legion one time.

    And of course we fought other Americans all the time.

    No. Big. Dea
    I don't care if Turks hate Americans, I don't care if the Turkish government isn't combing the streets looking for the goons that beat these guys down, I don't care who started it, I don't care why, and I don't care that these guys were Islamic and "derrrr, look at the religion of peace, derrrr".

    Americans in a foreign city fought local nationals and lost.

    BFD

    I do agree that Turks are mangy people derived from the shallowest end of the gene pool.

    some americans usually believe turks hate americans.they think we have to approve every politics of USA.interest
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  5. #135
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: US Sailors Victims of Videotaped Attack in Istanbul

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    it is called revenge.yankees had done the same thing to our soldiers in northern ıraq in 2003


    now yankees are thugs ?
    Attacking the local soldiers is just lazy. These random soldiers were not responsible for Iraq, they are just doing their job. Probably the biggest problem in the entire world is that people attack convenient scapegoats instead of their real problem. You have a problem with what happened in Iraq, come to America and beat up Bush. You have a problem with the current government in Turkey, blame Erdogan not the entire country.

  6. #136
    Advisor youngturk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Last Seen
    03-19-16 @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    430

    Re: US Sailors Victims of Videotaped Attack in Istanbul

    I do agree that Turks are mangy people derived from the shallowest end of the gene pool.

    [QUOTE=Medusa;1063975969]
    Quote Originally Posted by youngturk View Post
    Two wrongs don't make a right.That american guy didn't do anything wrong.

    Everbody should protest whatever they want but in a civilized way.[/QUOTE

    l see that but turkish soldiers didnt do anything either.sorry there is no civility in international arena.
    Seriously?

    "They did something wrong.Let's punish an irrelavent American for that 11 years later!" What a brilliant idea!
    You're not different from some people on this thread posting disgusting comments.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,092

    Re: US Sailors Victims of Videotaped Attack in Istanbul

    [QUOTE=youngturk;1063976006]I do agree that Turks are mangy people derived from the shallowest end of the gene pool.

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

    Seriously?

    "They did something wrong.Let's punish an irrelavent American for that 11 years later!" What a brilliant idea!
    You're not different from some people on this thread posting disgusting comments.
    you are not different from some children who claim to be socialist despite their being just a neo liberal imperialist
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  8. #138
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,217

    Re: US Sailors Victims of Videotaped Attack in Istanbul

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Their are group in Afghanistan who sell drugs and kill people, they are terrorists. They are groups in America and Mexico who sell drugs and kill people, but they aren't terrorists, because you say so.
    No, not because I say so, I'm not that powerful.
    Words have meanings and the word terrorism does not fit drug related violence.

    You have proved nothing. You have zero consistency in your logic, you just think if you arbitrarily call someone a terrorist it has any kind of meaning.
    Absolutely not, I have proven exactly what I claimed I'm proving, which is that the comparison of yours between the Mexican-cartel-American scenario and the American-terror-Afghan scenario to be completely different scenarios and I've given a logical reasoning that you didn't merely fail to debunk but you've failed to refer to at all, so now you claim I've proven nothing? Simply absurd.

    And again terrorist is a term with a meaning, apply it where it fits not where it doesn't.

    How many Yemeni's were behind 9/11 again?
    This is exactly the kind of meaningless arguments you're promoting, the organization behind 9/11 was al-Qaeda and hence al-Qaeda was attacked, the US didn't attack Saudi Arabia for example because it didn't have al-Qaeda in it. Common sense isn't it? Well apparently it's hard for you to recognize.

    Its not being investigated in the slightest. One of the people killed in that attack was a 16 year old American citizen. His family has tried to file lawsuits, but they have gotten nowhere. I'm not trying to smear American soldiers in general, as most of them time they go to great lengths to minimize damage. That doesn't change the fact that their are deliberate killing of civilians that are ordered and condoned by the highest levels of government.
    You do realize that this case, and it's the third time I'm stating this now, has nothing to do with your claim about American soldiers targeting civilians, right?
    The US military doesn't give its soldiers any command to deliberately target civilians and you are smearing American soldiers in general when you are claiming that they do get such commands and see them through.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #139
    Advisor youngturk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Last Seen
    03-19-16 @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    430

    Re: US Sailors Victims of Videotaped Attack in Istanbul

    [QUOTE=Medusa;1063976021]
    Quote Originally Posted by youngturk View Post
    I do agree that Turks are mangy people derived from the shallowest end of the gene pool.



    you are not different from some children who claim to be socialist despite their being just a neo liberal imperialist
    Wow."Neo liberal imperialist" You don't know a thing about me and you're being so childish.

    I am leftist myself and in a different student union.But we are doing useful things like educating children and focusing on real problems in our country instead of bullying an American guy.

  10. #140
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,697
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US Sailors Victims of Videotaped Attack in Istanbul

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    So you would allow Turkey to use our bases if they let us use theirs?
    Sure, if it was a NATO Base built by and paid for by NATO for the use of NATO countries. The US paid the lion's share of costs for the NATO Bases in Europe, and the NATO base in Turkey. Turkey has no right to refuse use of that NATO base to the US, a NATO country. Period.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •