Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 114

Thread: Rep. Charles Rangel says he thought cracker was 'a term of endearment'

  1. #71
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Rep. Charles Rangel says he thought cracker was 'a term of endearment'

    Isn't this the same idiot who thought if we sent too many troops to some island that he feared it would tip over? (nevermind, upon research that was a different Dem, Hank Johnson).

    Regardless though, he was obviously being racist. It's just as unacceptable as if someone used any other racial slur, especially when it's done to mock others.
    Last edited by digsbe; 11-12-14 at 10:18 PM.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  2. #72
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rep. Charles Rangel says he thought cracker was 'a term of endearment'

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Political party is not a shade of grey. Rangel is a D therefore all the R's have their panties in a wad. The Redskins are one of the current "causes" that the right is espousing right now. That's what this is really about.
    Bold: A party name isn't. Members with in the party are.

    Underlined: Considering how often those D's love to call those R's racists I can't really blame the R's for showing that the D's are just as capable of racism. The fact that you do shows what side of the aisle that you're on.

    Red: Funny thing about this particular subject? It was liberals that first brought it up in this thread on the second page. And you continued on with it. Funny that eh?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #73
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,809

    Re: Rep. Charles Rangel says he thought cracker was 'a term of endearment'

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    There are simply no words for this level of stupidity.

    Harlem Rep. Charles Rangel meant no disrespect when he previously called Tea Party members “white crackers” — he says it was actually a compliment.

    The longtime Capitol Hill Democrat said Monday that he thought cracker “was a term of endearment” and was puzzled by the firestorm that his use of the term in a 2013 interview set off.

    In a chat with the Huffington Post on Monday, Rangel offered a half-hearted apology for using the word when comparing the Tea Party to Jim Crow segregationists.


    Rangel: Calling Tea Party 'white crackers' was a compliment - NY Daily News

    Awesome. Stupid and a crook. What a combination! And he won re-election by a landslide.
    I prefer the term "Saltine American."










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  4. #74
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,956
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Rep. Charles Rangel says he thought cracker was 'a term of endearment'

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    I prefer the term "Saltine American."
    My, aren't we quite political correct.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  5. #75
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Rep. Charles Rangel says he thought cracker was 'a term of endearment'

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    All these black leaders are racist and that includes Obama and his wife.

    " A white mans greed leaves a world in need"
    LOL... not this guy or that guy... it's ALL the blacks that are racist. Gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #76
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Rep. Charles Rangel says he thought cracker was 'a term of endearment'

    As or this thread... the attempt at racial equivalence fails miserably. There is lols win in the enormous amount of victimhood being displayed though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #77
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,683
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rep. Charles Rangel says he thought cracker was 'a term of endearment'

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    There are simply no words for this level of stupidity.

    Harlem Rep. Charles Rangel meant no disrespect when he previously called Tea Party members “white crackers” — he says it was actually a compliment.

    The longtime Capitol Hill Democrat said Monday that he thought cracker “was a term of endearment” and was puzzled by the firestorm that his use of the term in a 2013 interview set off.

    In a chat with the Huffington Post on Monday, Rangel offered a half-hearted apology for using the word when comparing the Tea Party to Jim Crow segregationists.


    Rangel: Calling Tea Party 'white crackers' was a compliment - NY Daily News

    Awesome. Stupid and a crook. What a combination! And he won re-election by a landslide.


    Sometimes the sheer capacity of humans for behaving like imbecilic morons astounds me.

  8. #78
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: Rep. Charles Rangel says he thought cracker was 'a term of endearment'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post

    Underlined: Considering how often those D's love to call those R's racists I can't really blame the R's for showing that the D's are just as capable of racism. The fact that you do shows what side of the aisle that you're on.
    The only time I ever hear "All Republicans are racist" it's usually someone from the right saying it in exactly the same way you are. Here at DP, you're more likely to hear that it's the other way around. But hey, why let reality interfere with those talking points?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #79
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: Rep. Charles Rangel says he thought cracker was 'a term of endearment'

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    The only time I ever hear "All Republicans are racist" it's usually someone from the right saying it in exactly the same way you are. Here at DP, you're more likely to hear that it's the other way around. But hey, why let reality interfere with those talking points?
    How can you lie like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #80
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: Rep. Charles Rangel says he thought cracker was 'a term of endearment'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How can you lie like that?
    I learned from Conservatives.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •