Page 98 of 143 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1422

Thread: Stupidity of the American Voter?

  1. #971
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Well considering I didn't vote for him, I guess that's a good thing.
    You defend everything he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #972
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So you vote Republican because there's no career politicians on that side?
    I vote Republican because they are closer to my Conservative Ideology than today's Democrat Party. I won't waste my vote on a third party candidate and since the only perfect candidate is me and I am not running the only vote that makes any sense is Republican

  3. #973
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Where Clinton had to work with a core of obstinate Republicans, Obama created them
    As if the repubs were *ever* going to work with the 1st black president. No way in hell that was gonna happen, and don't pretend the senate has had a higher approval rate than bubonic plague during obama's presidency. What is he supposed to learn from 2012 either like you claim, when he was *reelected*? How is that a message of discontent?

  4. #974
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    As if the repubs were *ever* going to work with the 1st black president. No way in hell that was gonna happen, and don't pretend the senate has had a higher approval rate than bubonic plague during obama's presidency. What is he supposed to learn from 2012 either, when he was *reelected*? How is that a message of discontent?
    Why mention "Black"? Are you one of those who believes anyone who opposes Obama's policies is 'racist'?

  5. #975
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    I can tell without even reading any but the last page that "stupid american voter" = "those who don't vote for the party i did." Given the prevailing animosity towards the state of politics, i try to be consistent and dismiss all who vote for *either* party or *any* incumbents as stupid.

  6. #976
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Why mention "Black"? Are you one of those who believes anyone who opposes Obama's policies is 'racist'?
    no just most republican voters in 2008-2012

  7. #977
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    As if the repubs were *ever* going to work with the 1st black president. No way in hell that was gonna happen, and don't pretend the senate has had a higher approval rate than bubonic plague during obama's presidency. What is he supposed to learn from 2012 either like you claim, when he was *reelected*? How is that a message of discontent?
    Are you saying that if Obama was white--all white--Republicans would support his ideas 100%?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #978
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you saying that if Obama was white--all white--Republicans would support his ideas 100%?
    Of course not. I'm saying that the fact he was black was a complete roadblock to many republicans in office even considering working with him to pass legislation, barring a national tragedy like the "patriot act" after 9/11. Just because obama was immensely popular nationally doesn't mean arkansas republican voters were willing to accept a black president. There was at least one state where he did even worse than Kerry '04, which is hard to explain except for racism.

    If you want to assign blame for nothing worthwhile getting done, i would look to lieberman types in the senate and the republicans. Point of fact, they *were* his enemies. May as well declare them such.

  9. #979
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Of course not. I'm saying that the fact he was black was a complete roadblock to many republicans in office even considering working with him to pass legislation, barring a national tragedy like the "patriot act" after 9/11. Just because obama was immensely popular nationally doesn't mean arkansas republican voters were willing to accept a black president. There was at least one state where he did even worse than Kerry '04, which is hard to explain except for racism.

    If you want to assign blame for nothing worthwhile getting done, i would look to lieberman types in the senate and the republicans. Point of fact, they *were* his enemies. May as well declare them such.
    You're a 'conservative', are you Chromium? Do you identify at all with these racist Republicans?

  10. #980
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,374

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    As if the repubs were *ever* going to work with the 1st black president. No way in hell that was gonna happen, and don't pretend the senate has had a higher approval rate than bubonic plague during obama's presidency. What is he supposed to learn from 2012 either like you claim, when he was *reelected*? How is that a message of discontent?
    You know that how? Without anyone in the socialist camp ever having asked or provided an atmosphere for discussion you can verify that a majority of Republicans are so racist they objected to Obama's polices, that there is no chance whatsoever those policies are garbage, trash that the "stupid American voter" has said they don't want.

    Right. Sigh....It's way beyond time for the Democratic Party to stop playing the race card. It is cheap and demeaning and a vapid, lame and empty excuse. You were first to go into hysterics shouting "racism" at the first criticisms....from within your own party in fact, as in Hillary the defender of sexual predators.

    And it is long over-due for all of you to stop blaming everyone else in the universe for Obama's constant incompetence, from "I inherited this mess", to "It's Bush's Fault" to "racism, racism, racism" from the most racist camp in America. You had a full majority for two years and squandered it, creating Obama's "enemies" by heavy handed tactics and dishonoring those who people have elected to speak for them; it was not the Republicans setting their hair on fire and arrogantly suppressed free speech with the clever "nuclear option", for which we are destined to hear bleating and protest from a once respected White House, as the Republicans rightly engage in some social engineering called "pay back".

    And whine you will, praying, no not atheists, hoping then that the "stupid voters" will have forgotten that the nuke option was the brainchild of a petty, frightened little bully from the most corrupt state in America who likes to be called "Smashmouth"

    Oh yeah, that's all the republicans fault, and that's your story and you're sticking to it......

    The world knows better and is kind of laughing, well actually guffawing quite avidly.....
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •