Page 42 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1422

Thread: Stupidity of the American Voter?

  1. #411
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I don't plan to, that is not the issue, the issue still is why your state has double the rate of uninsured children as most other states.
    That is personal choice in this state plus as today's Democrat Party Representatives state the ignorance of the people who choose not to sign up for the programs they are eligible for. Guess we need a nanny for every non insured person to make sure they sign up for the programs they are eligible for. In addition, I do want to thank "your" President for securing our border here so that illegals aren't getting into the state to skew the numbers.

  2. #412
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,275

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    More than the left knows.


    Let’s not forget that when Gruber calls voters stupid, it can’t be applied to those who opposed ObamaCare on the very same grounds as he states in these videos. Critics had made these arguments all along about the deceptive structure of the bill, and the lies being told to cover it up. Gruber’s talking about the Obama coalition in these remarks.....snip~

    Gruber video #2: No, really, American voters are stupid; Update: Third video? Hot Air

    The left seems perfectly content with being called "stupid". The opponents of the ACA weren't the stupid ones Gruber is referring to. It makes me chuckle that the left doesn't even realize that. Proof positive that they are so blindly partisan that they sit back and accept it. And some are even agreeing with it. Priceless.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #413
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Yep, the GOP Govs weren't stupid enough to buy into the lies that it took to get ObamaCare passed.
    Oh....it is past "lies" during the passage that has caused GOP guvs to not setup state exchanges.

    Can you document that?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #414
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    That's a pretty stupid comment, the reason some are paying taxes and not receiving the benefit (an insurance exchange to purchase ACA plans) in a timely manner is because....wait for it...GOP guvs do not want their citizens to have them.
    What happened to the Oregon Exchange and Maryland exchanges that failed without any help from the GOP......wait for it.....cmon, tell us how its Buuuuuuush's fault.

  5. #415
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,275

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Yeah, it was on the news while I ate lunch. Listen Landreiu is/was head of the senate energy committee, she ould have brought it out of her committee at anytime she wanted. Reid could have brought this up for a vote anything he wanted. In fact Pryor along with Landreiu, Grimes also I think were begging Reid to bring it up for a vote. They wanted for vote for it, but Reid knew the likes of Manchin, Begich, and a few more Democrats would vote for it and it would have passed, decided not to.
    I wonder how many Democratic politicians would give their eye teeth for a chance to punch out Reid and Gruber at this point.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #416
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,953
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    The vast majority of Americans like the key provisions in the ACA..... But once its called Obamacare instead of the ACA they disagree with it...
    And this is some sort of emotionally based, 1/2 hearted justification for the president, his administration, Democrats, and other supporters lying through their teeth numerous times in front of God, country and the world, to get it passed?

    You have some very disturbing aspects incorporated into your moral compass and value system, as does anyone else who's mentality is 'the ends justifies the means'. Especially in this case.
    Last edited by eohrnberger; 11-12-14 at 01:55 PM.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  7. #417
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is personal choice in this state plus as today's Democrat Party Representatives state the ignorance of the people who choose not to sign up for the programs they are eligible for. Guess we need a nanny for every non insured person to make sure they sign up for the programs they are eligible for. In addition, I do want to thank "your" President for securing our border here so that illegals aren't getting into the state to skew the numbers.
    You are undercutting your own argument, you say those eligible are not enrolling, then you say the numbers are skewed by those not eligible. If those eligible are not enrolling, there is a reason beyond the guess that "they choose not to".
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #418
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are undercutting your own argument, you say those eligible are not enrolling, then you say the numbers are skewed by those not eligible. If those eligible are not enrolling, there is a reason beyond the guess that "they choose not to".
    They are not enrolling in programs already available in the state with many actually choosing not to enroll. I do understand that personal choice isn't something you truly understand unless of course it is about Gay rights or Abortion then it is all about personal choice, certainly not with health insurance that you don't even have to pay for if you are uninsured in TX

  9. #419
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    What happened to the Oregon Exchange and Maryland exchanges that failed without any help from the GOP......wait for it.....cmon, tell us how its Buuuuuuush's fault.
    The Oregon exchange issue was directly related to the private vendor contracted to setup the service, Oracle Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #420
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,962
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Priebus is already telling them don't do it.....they can get XL to pass without any deal with the Demos. They already have Demos and Unions for backers.
    No deal necessary, just bring it up by itself with an up or down vote. In my opinion it would be icing on the cake to have a Democratic controlled senate pass it. Then it would be up to the president to sign it or veto it. Everyone in Louisiana knows about Landrieu, her voting for this isn't going to change that.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •