Page 41 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1422

Thread: Stupidity of the American Voter?

  1. #401
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,943
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I hear the Demos may cut a deal for the XL to try and save her seat. The Repubs don't need to do it.....I doubt she can get re-elected. Its BO care that kills her too.
    Yeah, it was on the news while I ate lunch. Listen Landreiu is/was head of the senate energy committee, she ould have brought it out of her committee at anytime she wanted. Reid could have brought this up for a vote anything he wanted. In fact Pryor along with Landreiu, Grimes also I think were begging Reid to bring it up for a vote. They wanted for vote for it, but Reid knew the likes of Manchin, Begich, and a few more Democrats would vote for it and it would have passed, decided not to.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #402
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Nope no it does not.
    Theres that naivete.


    It is? Why is bringing socialism through a democratic system naive?
    That's not what I referred to as naÔve. Of course it can be done that way. Maintaining a socialist state can only be done through authoritarianism.

  3. #403
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Yeah, it was on the news while I ate lunch. Listen Landreiu is/was head of the senate energy committee, she ould have brought it out of her committee at anytime she wanted. Reid could have brought this up for a vote anything he wanted. In fact Pryor along with Landreiu, Grimes also I think were begging Reid to bring it up for a vote. They wanted for vote for it, but Reid knew the likes of Manchin, Begich, and a few more Democrats would vote for it and it would have passed, decided not to.
    Priebus is already telling them don't do it.....they can get XL to pass without any deal with the Demos. They already have Demos and Unions for backers.

  4. #404
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Theres that naivete.


    That's not what I referred to as naÔve. Of course it can be done that way. Maintaining a socialist state can only be done through authoritarianism.
    Oh I forget, in the libertarian frame of mind democracy is authoritarianism..


  5. #405
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Hey, paying taxes is patriotic, according to the Vice Simpleton. So, the citizens are paying taxes for everyone. And the young people are being gouged on purpose. No biggie.



    This guy is the gift that the Republicans didn't even know existed.
    That's a pretty stupid comment, the reason some are paying taxes and not receiving the benefit (an insurance exchange to purchase ACA plans) in a timely manner is because....wait for it...GOP guvs do not want their citizens to have them.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #406
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    71

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Hello, can you maybe start a thread about Bush, WMDs, Hussein, Al Qaeda, Clinton, Monica, HW Bush, Reagan and Iran? This thread isn't about them and I'm not interested in discussing them here. Thanks!
    People don't want to put voter behavior into a historical context on a political debating forum? To understand current and future behavior, all you need to do is review history. You didn't seem to have a problem with that when you brought up a 6 year old quote Phil Gramm and the leftist reaction to it.

  7. #407
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    That's a pretty stupid comment, the reason some are paying taxes and not receiving the benefit (an insurance exchange to purchase ACA plans) in a timely manner is because....wait for it...GOP guvs do not want their citizens to have them.

    Yep, the GOP Govs weren't stupid enough to buy into the lies that it took to get ObamaCare passed.

  8. #408
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Hey, paying taxes is patriotic, according to the Vice Simpleton. So, the citizens are paying taxes for everyone. And the young people are being gouged on purpose. No biggie.



    This guy is the gift that the Republicans didn't even know existed.

    More than the left knows.


    Letís not forget that when Gruber calls voters stupid, it canít be applied to those who opposed ObamaCare on the very same grounds as he states in these videos. Critics had made these arguments all along about the deceptive structure of the bill, and the lies being told to cover it up. Gruberís talking about the Obama coalition in these remarks.....snip~

    Gruber video #2: No, really, American voters are stupid; Update: Third video? ę Hot Air

  9. #409
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Theres that naivete.


    That's not what I referred to as naÔve. Of course it can be done that way. Maintaining a socialist state can only be done through authoritarianism.
    Huh, do Nordic citizens know this?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #410
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeburte View Post
    People don't want to put voter behavior into a historical context on a political debating forum? To understand current and future behavior, all you need to do is review history. You didn't seem to have a problem with that when you brought up a 6 year old quote Phil Gramm and the leftist reaction to it.
    Phil Gramm made a broad and disparaging statement about the US citizens. It isn't my fault that you have no idea what this thread is about.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •