Page 32 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 1422

Thread: Stupidity of the American Voter?

  1. #311
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yep, done counting the Absentee Ballots and made the call around 4am. I was out in Indiana at the time.


    Alaska win gives GOP another US Senate seat.....

    U.S. Sen. Mark Begich couldn't pull off another election surprise as voter disapproval of President Barack Obama helped push him and other Democrats out of office.

    Republican Dan Sullivan, a Marine Corps reservist and assistant secretary of state under President George W. Bush, defeated the first-term incumbent as part of a wave in which Republicans picked up eight seats and regained control of the Senate. Another Senate race is yet to be decided in Louisiana. The Alaska race was too close to call on Election Night last week, with Sullivan up by about 8,100 votes, but it became evident Tuesday when the state began counting about 20,000 of absentee and questioned ballots that Begich could not overcome Sullivan.

    In another close race, incumbent candidate Bill Walker led incumbent Republican Alaska Gov. Sean Parnell by about 4,000 votes with more to be counted starting Friday. Although he hasn't been declared the winner, Walker planned to announce a transition team Wednesday.....snip~

    https://news.yahoo.com/alaska-win-gi...-election.html
    Holy mother of pearl! That'll teach me to watch MSNBC in the morning. Their ticker said they were still counting ballots.

    The AP did report it in the middle of the night. Apparently Begich still hasn't conceded. Bad year to be a Democratic incumbent Senator in Alaska.

    Didn't know about Parnell. That one surprised me. Is Walker the guy that Palin endorsed?

    Sorry this is so OT.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #312
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,306

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yep, done counting the Absentee Ballots and made the call around 4am. I was out in Indiana at the time.


    Alaska win gives GOP another US Senate seat.....

    U.S. Sen. Mark Begich couldn't pull off another election surprise as voter disapproval of President Barack Obama helped push him and other Democrats out of office.

    Republican Dan Sullivan, a Marine Corps reservist and assistant secretary of state under President George W. Bush, defeated the first-term incumbent as part of a wave in which Republicans picked up eight seats and regained control of the Senate. Another Senate race is yet to be decided in Louisiana. The Alaska race was too close to call on Election Night last week, with Sullivan up by about 8,100 votes, but it became evident Tuesday when the state began counting about 20,000 of absentee and questioned ballots that Begich could not overcome Sullivan.

    In another close race, incumbent candidate Bill Walker led incumbent Republican Alaska Gov. Sean Parnell by about 4,000 votes with more to be counted starting Friday. Although he hasn't been declared the winner, Walker planned to announce a transition team Wednesday.....snip~

    https://news.yahoo.com/alaska-win-gi...-election.html
    Yeah, they could have 54 next month.
    Think there are 13 Dem Senators scared shizzless enough to vote to override Obama's repeal veto?

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I watched Morning Joe, and except for the screamer Howard Dean, even the Liberals on the panel simply could not reconcile this fool's words. They are (rightfully so) in a panic about what this moron's admission will do to the SCOTUS ruling that's coming. The judges do read the papers and they will see this. I'll bet Obama is ready to wring this guy's neck.

    All we wanted to do was get the law passed, so we intentionally misled, withheld information, lied, and counted on the "stupidity" of the American voters? We knew what was going to happen if the states didn't set up their own exchanges but we intentionally didn't tell anyone that? We knew that there was no way you could "keep your doctor if you like your doctor" but we said it anyway because we knew the American voters were too stupid to challenge us?

    Even Mika, who is normally a cackling Liberal, had to admit this is really really bad for everyone.

    And a few of them pointed out that this WILL be brought up in the debates in 2016, whether it's Hillary or another candidate. The GOP candidate will hammer this over and over and over again.

    No normal American likes to know that the President and his band of arrogant law creators think they're so stupid.




    Perk.....MIKA.

    Give her to me for 30 days and when I am finished with her. She will return a die hard Republican.

  4. #314
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin Pero. Btw, Begich lost Alaska Last night.....its Official. That's 8 Senate seats won.
    Good morning, MMC.

    That was good news this morning! If Landrieu loses in the runoff, that will be nine - what will the numbers R vs D be?

    Wow, our temps dropped last night - it's 35 degrees right now after getting to 65 yesterday! The animals don't want to go out - not even for a minute - but they gotta, like it or not! No snow yet, though.

  5. #315
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post


    Perk.....MIKA.

    Give her to me for 30 days and when I am finished with her. She will return a die hard Republican.
    Even as a woman, I can appreciate how damn great her legs are.

    Good luck with getting her to cross over. She's so excited about Elizabeth Warren she is bouncing in her seat.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #316
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,306

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Holy mother of pearl! That'll teach me to watch MSNBC in the morning. Their ticker said they were still counting ballots.

    The AP did report it in the middle of the night. Apparently Begich still hasn't conceded. Bad year to be a Democratic incumbent Senator in Alaska.

    Didn't know about Parnell. That one surprised me. Is Walker the guy that Palin endorsed?

    Sorry this is so OT.

    You watch 'em this AM?
    They talked about Gruber and Howard Dean poo-pooed his importance. They simply called it a gaffe. Typical.
    BUT ... have you heard that Gruber also said that if someone is in a State without an exchange they're not going to get a subsidy.
    That's the basis of the case the S.C. agreed to hear next year.

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Even as a woman, I can appreciate how damn great her legs are.

    Good luck with getting her to cross over. She's so excited about Elizabeth Warren she is bouncing in her seat.


    Don't ever let anyone around here tell ya I don't like anything liberal.....ya hears. Oh, and if ya see someone saying otherwise. Check that BS....okay!


    Yes, she has a Great Set of uhm, ermm yeah.....Legs!

    I didn't hear about the Palin endorsement. So I don't know.

  8. #318
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    You seem to believe that CEO's aren't moving to TX?
    What in the world EVER gave you that idea? It makes perfect sense that companies move their operations to Texas. I can't think of any other state that offers more lower educated worker drones for their exploitation.

    Look, I know it is impossible to get through to you using logic and the dictates of reason. You have proven yourself, over and over again, here at DP, to be beyond reason. Texas is a good place for you. You belong there.

    Thomas paine.jpg

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #319
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    You watch 'em this AM?
    They talked about Gruber and Howard Dean poo-pooed his importance. They simply called it a gaffe. Typical.
    BUT ... have you heard that Gruber also said that if someone is in a State without an exchange they're not going to get a subsidy.
    That's the basis of the case the S.C. agreed to hear next year.
    Howard Dean had me rolling on the floor this morning. Was that not hilarious? Even Mika was like "WTF".

    Gruber really torpedoed Obama's signature legislation. It's only Howard Dean and some Liberal posters who think otherwise.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  10. #320
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    What in the world EVER gave you that idea? It makes perfect sense that companies move their operations to Texas. I can't think of any other state that offers more lower educated worker drones for their exploitation.

    Look, I know it is impossible to get through to you using logic and the dictates of reason. You have proven yourself, over and over again, here at DP, to be beyond reason. Texas is a good place for you. You belong there.

    Thomas paine.jpg
    Thank you, absolutely ecstatic to be here and appreciate your critique of TX no matter how biased and partisan it is and totally out of context. There is a reason companies are moving to TX and it is amazing that TX leads the nation in job creation in all income categories but you focus on the low income workers. TX is a leader in population growth so apparently moving to TX has caused workers to move here as well. Wonder why?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •