Page 18 of 143 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 1422

Thread: Stupidity of the American Voter?

  1. #171
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So you don't know why Texas has the highest level of uninsured children.

    'nough said.
    Why don't you ask their parents, that isn't my job but then again I put more emphasis on personal responsibility than you

  2. #172
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why don't you ask their parents, that isn't my job but then again I put more emphasis on personal responsibility than you
    Of course....it is the fault of the parents! For years and years and years, the reason Texas parents have not enrolled their children in Medicaid at the state level...is because Texas parents are......dumb...or lazy....or unable to read.....or something.....you don't know and don't care.

    It is a point of pride, Texas is number one..... in the uninsured!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Of course....it is the fault of the parents! For years and years and years, the reason Texas parents have not enrolled their children in Medicaid at the state level...is because Texas parents are......dumb...or lazy....or unable to read.....or something.....you don't know and don't care.
    Is that why the streets of Texas are filled with dead children? I could hardly find room to park my new RV.

  4. #174
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Oh yes of-course it is

    Ignore the record low labor participation rate and the fact that allot of new jobs are part time, ignore the fact that median income levels have been flat for 6 years and still haven't returned to 2007 levels, ignore the huge drop in new home purchaes, the increase in poverty rates and the shrinking Middle class and yes, I guess you could call that a " rebound ".

    If its such a " strong recovery then why are interest rates STILL so low ?

    Sorry, I'm not gullible enough to believe we're in the midst of a recovery.

    Ill leave that kind of blind allegiance to the Obama supporters.
    Your choice. But my house has gone up in value, my mutual funds have rebounded and exceeding my own expectations. The job I lost during the Bush era has been replaced with even a better job that pays me more money. If things have gone south for you, I'm sorry. But I got mine.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #175
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Of course....it is the fault of the parents! For years and years and years, the reason Texas parents have not enrolled their children in Medicaid at the state level...is because Texas parents are......dumb...or lazy....or unable to read.....or something.....you don't know and don't care.

    It is a point of pride, Texas is number one..... in the uninsured!
    TX is a state that promotes personal responsibility and millions are moving here. It is a leader in the nation in job creation and is the home to 52 Fortune 500 Companies. It's low cost of living has set the standards that apparently you don't like. You have a choice, don't move to TX

  6. #176
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That's just another reason why there has to be education reform.
    Certainly there should be serious education reform but neither side really wants that, both want to use the public (and private) education system to crank out more people likely to think their way and elect their candidates.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #177
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    What happens when the GOP looses the Senate in the future? Will they "still be waking up"?
    The more that Americans learn about the Liberals, the less likely that becomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I disagree. It is not just a narrative etc. It is a fact. Our government is bought and paid for. **** that. We need to get that out of our political system. Worse thing they ever did was give corporations personhood. Absolute garbage.
    First, I don't buy into the whole " Corporate Greed " false narrative. People blame them for everything from the 2008 Subprime mortgage crisis to or stagnant economy.

    The reality is the Government has far more influence in the creation of BOTH of those things than Corporations do.

    Next, organizations have had the ability to fund Political candidates for decades .

    Citizens United pissed off Obama NOT because he thinks money should be removed from the election process, but because it officially ended a decades long monopoly held by the Democrats.

    If Unions hold that right, then so should Corporations.

    At least we have a track record to look at for the consequences of funding Political candidates through Unions.

    And its NOT good.

    I can't think of a better way to counter that destruction than allowing Corporations to do the same.

  9. #179
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Of course....it is the fault of the parents! For years and years and years, the reason Texas parents have not enrolled their children in Medicaid at the state level...is because Texas parents are......dumb...or lazy....or unable to read.....or something.....you don't know and don't care.

    It is a point of pride, Texas is number one..... in the uninsured!
    Texas is number one in illegal aliens, too. Let's get a handle on illegal immigration and your insured numbers will look better, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #180
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,336

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The Democrats have had a monopoly on organized funding for Politicians for decades. Thats unfortunately part of our History. .

    Now, the Unions have some competition, and everyone and their brother is screaming to get money out of politics.

    It was never a issue before Citizens United, even though it led to a massive amount of corruption and chronyism

    Corporations have a responsibility to their share holders, to their employees and to their consumers.

    Its not " corporate greed " thats the problem. " Corporate Greed " is just a politicized narrate. A talking point.

    The problem is the idea that the Government is in any context responsible for protecting us from that " greed ".

    Giving the Government the power to first define " greed " arbitrarily and then to act on that definition is foolish beyond comprehension.
    Greeting, Fenton.

    Unfortunately it has worked on a lot of people. As an example, the architect of the ACA called people too stupid to know what's good for them, and that's why there was no transparency, which was his explanation for why it was passed the way it was. Huh? That means that over 100 million people are stupid because they are unhappy with it?

    WHY it continues to work is a mystery to me, only because the facts seem to change from week to week - how do the believers know when to change their thinking from A to B, so they can continue to believe what they're told on any given day? No core beliefs of their own? Scary! Most people don't like to be lied to on a personal basis, yet they accept it from government - who just change the words used in order to sell the latest round of what passes for "trust us - we know what's best for you," and then when people complain, they're told in exasperation to "get over it" :

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •