Page 136 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1422

Thread: Stupidity of the American Voter?

  1. #1351
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're trying to have it both ways. So, you don't really believe what you say. If you did, you'd respond like you did.
    No, unlike you I understand the American economy and the effects that govt. policies have on that economy and personal income. You on the other hand are a big govt. liberal totally ignoring what happens when people are giving incentive and when that incentive is taken away by govt. policies. Obama said he had the answers. you bought the rhetoric and now don't want to blame him for the very poor results. It is the American business that is succeeding after years of Obamanomics because of survival requirements. One of these days you are going to get it, hopefully not too late

  2. #1352
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, unlike you I understand the American economy and the effects that govt. policies have on that economy and personal income. You on the other hand are a big govt. liberal totally ignoring what happens when people are giving incentive and when that incentive is taken away by govt. policies. Obama said he had the answers. you bought the rhetoric and now don't want to blame him for the very poor results. It is the American business that is succeeding after years of Obamanomics because of survival requirements. One of these days you are going to get it, hopefully not too late
    No you don't. If you did, you wouldn't make these silly arguments.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1353
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Have cons not been saying that Obama voters have been useful idiots for the past 6+ years?

    I rest my case.

    Black pots, meet black kettles.
    Yes, conservatives looked at the Obama resume and saw an empty suit. The liberal base listened to the Obama rhetoric and bought it getting exactly what that resume showed, an empty suit. Blacks are worse off today because of Obama and still support him for the color of his skin certainly not for policies that benefited the blacks.

  4. #1354
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No you don't. If you did, you wouldn't make these silly arguments.
    Sorry but I will put my resume up against yours any day of the week and from what I have seen my knowledge of the U.S. economy and how business works. You live in a liberal dream world of equal outcome not equal opportunity. Too bad you don't apply your own personal economics to your logic and arguments

  5. #1355
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,880

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    This is quite entertaining. Trey Growdy directs a few questions to Mr. Gruber during the hearing. In case some are not aware many of the "telling" remarks Gruber made and caught on video were done before his students in his economics class at MIT others at conferences. The Democrats dropped his name often to sell Obamacare and now some don't remember who he is.


  6. #1356
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    This is quite entertaining. Trey Growdy directs a few questions to Mr. Gruber during the hearing. In case some are not aware many of the "telling" remarks Gruber made and caught on video were done before his students in his economics class at MIT others at conferences. The Democrats dropped his name often to sell Obamacare and now some don't remember who he is.

    I'll have to watch that from hubby's computer. Is it good? I love Trey.

    Gruber seems to be persona non grada with the Democrats who have conveniently developed amnesia about his existence.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #1357
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Slogans are popular in politics, as are platitudes. Both sides do it. It's not unique to Obama. And no one said it was counter revolutionary and no one said they wanted a counter revolution. Do you even know when you're talking to another person or not?
    Oh, the standard 'all politicians do it' argument, a banal observation all Obamites use when there man is caught in another lie.

  8. #1358
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    This is quite entertaining. Trey Growdy directs a few questions to Mr. Gruber during the hearing. In case some are not aware many of the "telling" remarks Gruber made and caught on video were done before his students in his economics class at MIT others at conferences. The Democrats dropped his name often to sell Obamacare and now some don't remember who he is.

    True liberal democrats have very selective memories and distance themselves often from those they don't want to hear yet no liberal democrat will ever change their spots or grow up from the very poor results and policies of liberalism

  9. #1359
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I'll have to watch that from hubby's computer. Is it good? I love Trey.

    Gruber seems to be persona non grada with the Democrats who have conveniently developed amnesia about his existence.
    Greetings, tres borrachos.

    I personally feel we owe this idiot a big Thank You! Because he has such an overwheening ego that he couldn't help running his mouth, we learned things we never would have heard from anyone else about how this was handled from the beginning. : I would also like to have Pelosi and others subpoenaed to explain why they thought this was the best way to treat the American people! Her giddy "we have to pass it to see what's in it" when she knew damn well what was in it is disgusting!

  10. #1360
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry but I will put my resume up against yours any day of the week and from what I have seen my knowledge of the U.S. economy and how business works. You live in a liberal dream world of equal outcome not equal opportunity. Too bad you don't apply your own personal economics to your logic and arguments
    You'd lose.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •