Page 129 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1422

Thread: Stupidity of the American Voter?

  1. #1281
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And the offset in higher prices is what? Giving people more money to spend is the liberal phrase, conservatives say people have the right to earn more money. When wages go up so do costs. The problem seems to be that you don't hold the Federal Govt. to the same standards that you hold businesses. What you will never understand is that there never will be enough money to fund the liberal spending appetite because liberals always claim to be spending in the name of compassion yet never getting compassionate results unless dependence is a compassionate result. Why is it that the govt. never cuts spending and always needs the money more than the private sector?
    No, when you work for someone you earn the pay. You work and the employer gives you pay. You've earned it, but it is given from the employer. No one called it a gift or unearned. And we are the government. By electing representatives, they can vote in our name.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1282
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Jobs have been increasing here under liberals, and there is no reason to believe government will do anything that will help or hurt jobs. In fact, as I've told you before, the only way government can do that is to hire people, thus growing government.
    Your post here needs a two part response...

    1. There is plenty of reason to believe that the things government does effects jobs...Regulation for one.

    2. Governments don't have to directly hire to effect the job market...Monetary policy, Regulation, Taxation, etc. All of these things directly effect jobs, and the economy.

    But you know that....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1283
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, when you work for someone you earn the pay. You work and the employer gives you pay. You've earned it, but it is given from the employer. No one called it a gift or unearned. And we are the government. By electing representatives, they can vote in our name.
    You didn't say that, you said give not earn. People making minimum wage have to earn higher income but liberals want to give it to them for what, an arbitrary "fair" wage?

  4. #1284
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Since you don't know what the expenses are of others why use past standards as most of those people in the past have moved on into upper income brackets. we have a new class of minimum wage workers every year something you don't seem to understand. Objective is something you don't understand because you never will understand the finances of someone else.
    A new class? I'm not sure what you mean. Develop that fully if you will before I response. Try to leave me out of it and just make your case.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1285
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you say so, but note you still haven't answered any point objectively.
    You haven't made any point worthy of answer....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1286
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A new class? I'm not sure what you mean. Develop that fully if you will before I response. Try to leave me out of it and just make your case.
    translation, I refuse to admit i am wrong and thus need more time to come up with another foolish claim. People move up in wages by making more money staying a very short time making minimum wage. Those people making minimum wages in the past aren't making minimum wage today if they are worth anything at all. The fact remains, you want the employer to give people more money rather than having those people earn more money. Nice diversion, tell me how it is that you know what the living expenses are for all those people making minimum wage?

  7. #1287
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Your post here needs a two part response...
    Good

    1. There is plenty of reason to believe that the things government does effects jobs...Regulation for one.
    I've addressed this before with other studies, and challenged you to note specific regulations, to which you have never responded. So for this one, I'll site a source that links or mentions a couple of studies: Heritage isn't the only one making this argument. A Phoenix Foundation study claimed that, "a 5 percent reduction in the federal regulatory budget would yield 5.9 million new jobs over five years." But the Public Citizen report points out that this leads to a ludicrous conclusion: "a 16 percent decrease (a figure the authors chose to parallel the amount by which they say federal spending had exceeded revenue since 2000) would result in the creation of 18.8 million new jobs over five years. In contrast, there are only about 11.3 million unemployed Americans."

    Regulations Don't Kill Jobs, They Save Lives*|*Sean McElwee

    2. Governments don't have to directly hire to effect the job market...Monetary policy, Regulation, Taxation, etc. All of these things directly effect jobs, and the economy.

    But you know that....
    These have minimal effects at best. Largely promoting business and not hurting. Taxation is something I have given you studies on that show little to no effect and have linked you to Forbes arguing that conservatives were wrong on this. I can link them again if you want. But, the key is here, these are not emotional arguments, but factual ones, with support.

    But for your reading pleasure:

    If you increase the tax rates on these job creators, then the tax that they pay on everything EXCEPT jobs will go up. They still won't have to pay taxes on the money that they spend for employee compensation. A tax increase will give them an incentive to invest in the business, because it is the cost of NOT investing that goes up, not the cost of investing. It won't give them an incentive NOT to invest in job creation. This will not be an incentive for killing jobs - this will be an incentive for creating
    jobs - take money out of the column that is taxable, put it in the column that is not taxable. Simple mathematics. Not political rhetoric, but mathematics.

    If you decrease the tax rates on these job creators, then there will be no added incentive to create jobs. The taxes paid on employee benefits for these job creators is zero either way. What this does is decrease the taxes that they have to pay on the money that they aren't using to create jobs anyway. The cost of paying for jobs does not go up, but the cost of NOT creating jobs goes down. It is an incentive for them to keep more profits that are taxable. It is in no way an incentive for them to spend the money on job creation. Again, mathematics, not rhetoric.

    If you don't understand the previous four paragraphs, please re-read them, because this is important to our economy today.

    Taxing the Job Creators:What Is the Truth? - Economics Online Tutor

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1288
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    translation, I refuse to admit i am wrong and thus need more time to come up with another foolish claim. People move up in wages by making more money staying a very short time making minimum wage. Those people making minimum wages in the past aren't making minimum wage today if they are worth anything at all. The fact remains, you want the employer to give people more money rather than having those people earn more money. Nice diversion, tell me how it is that you know what the living expenses are for all those people making minimum wage?
    Well, when you start admitting your errors, I'll reconsider.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1289
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, when you start admitting your errors, I'll reconsider.
    Got it, when I make an error and it is proven to be an error I will do exactly that. When are you going to prove that you know what the living expenses are of those people you want to "give" a wage increase to

  10. #1290
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    translation, I refuse to admit i am wrong and thus need more time to come up with another foolish claim. People move up in wages by making more money staying a very short time making minimum wage. Those people making minimum wages in the past aren't making minimum wage today if they are worth anything at all. The fact remains, you want the employer to give people more money rather than having those people earn more money. Nice diversion, tell me how it is that you know what the living expenses are for all those people making minimum wage?
    If there is anyone who should know about making minimum wage....its a Texan (Capital of the minimum wage worker....oh sorry....tied with Mississippi for that honor).
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •