Page 127 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1422

Thread: Stupidity of the American Voter?

  1. #1261
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Yeah, the senate has the approval rating of bubonic plague, yet we're supposed to believe this line about the mid terms being a referendum on the president?

    Yet this too often goes hand in hand with the stupidity of the voters, since incumbents usually win, no matter how senile or how harmful their voting record.
    IMO: the whole Congress has just about as much approval.

  2. #1262
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    Well, no matter what political power you have in the White House those mid-terms hurt them.

    Yet it's not all those Presidents' fault that this occurs. Most of the blame can be placed on the lawmaking branch (no matter which political side.) that cares more about polls and their special interests than actually serving their constituents that starts the process of hurting the country.
    Very true Bob.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    12-05-14 @ 05:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    43

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Well, i agree with him, in something. We really have huge percent of "stupid" voters, also, they are easy-manipulated voters. Mass media junkies, people which trust everything they saw on tv\radio\internet, this people don't have their own opinion and they will vote for any person which will give them few bucks, or promise to them beautiful life.

  4. #1264
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No you're not...That is just the guise you shroud yourself in...but keep telling yourself that, you're the only one buying what you say.
    Yes, yes we are. But present actual evidence.


    oh Please... Ok, so why did you start developing apps? As a son who grew up with a father that built, and ran his own Pharmacy, it takes a literal **** load of work to makes even a single store front work...I saw impossibly long hours, few vacations, and stress. The payoff for that was in making more than the employees he employed. Without that who would go into the gauntlet we know as small business? Who would take the risk? And don't delude yourself into thinking that altruistic motives would ensure the same level of innovation, and economic engine, it won't, there are examples of how that fails...

    My question to you, is how can you get so behind such a failing thought process as liberalism? What drives you to believe that policies that have been huge failures are only due to you not being able to do enough of them?
    Again, no one said I do it for free. I work long hours. I do all of that. And liberalism hasn't hurt me at all. The trouble is that you have drank the koolaid and cannot see beyond the hyperbolic garbage you've been feed. Liberalism is not more failed than conservatism. Both have helped and hurt businesses, but neither enough to warrant the vile vomit we see on these pages. There is a reason I go all conservatives are fascists and the like. It would be just as wrong as what your side here does all the time. And yes, some here do it against conservatives. Both sides get too caught up on my team versus yours and fail to see how alike they both are. In fact, they are more alike than different.

    But you go ahead and drink the koolaid, buy the exaggerations, swallow it whole, because in the end, it only hurts you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1265
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, yes we are. But present actual evidence.




    Again, no one said I do it for free. I work long hours. I do all of that. And liberalism hasn't hurt me at all. The trouble is that you have drank the koolaid and cannot see beyond the hyperbolic garbage you've been feed. Liberalism is not more failed than conservatism. Both have helped and hurt businesses, but neither enough to warrant the vile vomit we see on these pages. There is a reason I go all conservatives are fascists and the like. It would be just as wrong as what your side here does all the time. And yes, some here do it against conservatives. Both sides get too caught up on my team versus yours and fail to see how alike they both are. In fact, they are more alike than different.

    But you go ahead and drink the koolaid, buy the exaggerations, swallow it whole, because in the end, it only hurts you.
    Sorry, Boo, but the real garbage comes from people who think only with their hearts and not their brains especially those who define what is fair based upon their own values and perceptions. Liberals like you always feel rather than think especially when it comes to social issues.

  6. #1266
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Again, you want to define what is fair and that is only up to the individual. If someone thinks they aren't being paid a fair wage, they are free to move on. Care to define what a fair wage is for a 16-18 year old individual living at home with their parents with no rent, no insurance, no outside personal expenses?

    You judge everyone by your own standards never taking into account not everyone has your standards.
    Not true. We can as a people decide on some issues and what is fair. And it can apply to 16-18 year olds as well as adults (it's also factually incorrect that adults aren't doing these jobs). Fair is fair.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1267
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not true. We can as a people decide on some issues and what is fair. And it can apply to 16-18 year olds as well as adults (it's also factually incorrect that adults aren't doing these jobs). Fair is fair.
    Love the liberal slogans, fair is fair yet people like you always define fair by your own standards. It is liberal arrogance that creates people who believe they know the finances of others thus what is fair for others. That is why we have the mess we have today because people like you defining what is fair without all the economic facts.

  8. #1268
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Love the liberal slogans, fair is fair yet people like you always define fair by your own standards. It is liberal arrogance that creates people who believe they know the finances of others thus what is fair for others. That is why we have the mess we have today because people like you defining what is fair without all the economic facts.
    I've said we can decide, meaning all of us and not just liberals. And these decisions have real consequences to actual workers, people we should encourage to keep working.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1269
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, yes we are. But present actual evidence.




    Again, no one said I do it for free. I work long hours. I do all of that. And liberalism hasn't hurt me at all. The trouble is that you have drank the koolaid and cannot see beyond the hyperbolic garbage you've been feed. Liberalism is not more failed than conservatism. Both have helped and hurt businesses, but neither enough to warrant the vile vomit we see on these pages. There is a reason I go all conservatives are fascists and the like. It would be just as wrong as what your side here does all the time. And yes, some here do it against conservatives. Both sides get too caught up on my team versus yours and fail to see how alike they both are. In fact, they are more alike than different.

    But you go ahead and drink the koolaid, buy the exaggerations, swallow it whole, because in the end, it only hurts you.
    Present evidence? Of what you post? You're ridiculous.

    Liberalism is based in emotional feeling, whereas Conservatism is based in objective fact...Sorry for you that you can't see that.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1270
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've said we can decide, meaning all of us and not just liberals. And these decisions have real consequences to actual workers, people we should encourage to keep working.
    We have to get liberals out so that we can have jobs first.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •