Page 121 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1422

Thread: Stupidity of the American Voter?

  1. #1201
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We can have some idea of what is fair.
    Who ever told you things were supposed to be fair?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Isn't it? Account for inflation, and we paid much more in the past, and did better doing so. The market is not magic and is manipulated by all kinds of players. What we need is balance and not one side winning. Right now, employers are winning and we are suffering for it.
    If employers are winning why are so many corporations leaving the country? Why are businesses suffering? In fact any business person can tell you the answer but the theorists don't want to listen.

    The current president has never been in any business in his life yet seems to know what business is all about and can even give millions of taxpayer dollars to start-up companies of which he also knows nothing. Or feels he can decide who banks lend their money to. It's people who have no knowledge of business who want more rules, regulations and, in doing so, drive out all business from their areas.
    We can have some idea of what is fair.
    No, you have none.

  3. #1203
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I am a Constitutional Conservative. I know other Constitutional Conservatives. None of us believe the Republicans will do the right thing and save the nation. You are simply wrong.
    Might wanna tell your bros Fenton and conservative here--they're happily clapping and cheering for mcconnell and co. whom they proudly voted for,

    and are now eagerly waiting for them to repeal Obamacare
    Last edited by solletica; 11-21-14 at 11:54 PM.

  4. #1204
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And there we have it, another ignorant view of being conservative,
    There's no ignorance in knowing that conservatives are brainless peons who continually get duped by pols' words, instead of paying attention to their lobbying allegiances (i. e. insurance cos.) which actually dictate their votes.

    FYI, here's a little tip for ya: I'm a Libertarian, so I staunchly oppose PPACA 100%.

    Except unlike you, I'm not clueless enough to believe that republitards like boner or mcconnell actually oppose it just because they say they do, and then mindlessly vote for those idiots.
    Last edited by solletica; 11-22-14 at 12:10 AM.

  5. #1205
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Safety. The Republican arm of the Republocrats is big on the fear mongering. Don't think for yourself, government will keep you safe....by spying on you and restricting your rights and liberties and otherwise draconian, Big Brother tactics.

    It's all a ruse, everything the Republocrats do is to increase size and scope and power of government.
    He doesn't understand that because Republocrats told him they were for limited government,

    and so therefore he believes they're actually for it.

  6. #1206
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    There's no ignorance in knowing that conservatives are brainless peons who continually get duped by pols' words, instead of paying attention to their lobbying allegiances (i. e. insurance cos.) which actually dictate their votes.

    FYI, here's a little tip for ya: I'm a Libertarian, so I staunchly oppose PPACA 100%.

    Except unlike you, I'm not clueless enough to believe that republitards like boner or mcconnell actually oppose it just because they say they do, and then mindlessly vote for those idiots.
    LOL, one of the funniest posts I have read. Obviously you haven't paid any attention to any of my posts but buy the leftwing rhetoric thus giving Libertarians a bad name. I am a conservative and proud of it, not a Republican. I do vote Republican however because they are closer to my point of view than the liberal Democrat Party. I refuse to waste my vote like you choosing to vote for the party that has at least a chance to win an election and make changes. You see, I took a civics class and I have logic and common sense that you don't have

    You waste your vote on principle and that will always give liberals positions of power as basic math will tell you. 41% of the public will vote Democrat regardless of the candidate 36% will vote Republican regardless of the candidate, the rest will split their votes for the remaining candidates so tell me how a Libertarian will win any national election? What you do is whine and complain never really having a seat at the table. Gruber might as well named Libertarians in his statement as well.

  7. #1207
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Might wanna tell your bros Fenton and conservative here--they're happily clapping and cheering for mcconnell and co. whom they proudly voted for,

    and are now eagerly waiting for them to repeal Obamacare
    There is nothing wrong with repealing Obamacare. I do not believe the Republicans will do so. Time will tell. At least they are on the right side of this issue although I believe both will feel betrayed when the Congress fails to do anything to save the nation.

    The Article V Convention of states to propose amendments is the only remaining way for the states and the people to restore the nation by fine tuning the Constitution.

  8. #1208
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    ObamaCare architect says lack of transparency helped law pass, cites 'stupidity of the American voter' | Fox News

    Based upon the last election looks to me like the American voter is waking up. Wonder why he still has a 41% JAR
    I disagree.... voting for a party that offered no vision suggests the American voter is indeed quite stupid and not getting any smarter....

  9. #1209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, one of the funniest posts I have read. Obviously you haven't paid any attention to any of my posts but buy the leftwing rhetoric thus giving Libertarians a bad name. I am a conservative and proud of it, not a Republican. I do vote Republican however because they are closer to my point of view than the liberal Democrat Party. I refuse to waste my vote like you choosing to vote for the party that has at least a chance to win an election and make changes. You see, I took a civics class and I have logic and common sense that you don't have

    You waste your vote on principle and that will always give liberals positions of power as basic math will tell you. 41% of the public will vote Democrat regardless of the candidate 36% will vote Republican regardless of the candidate, the rest will split their votes for the remaining candidates so tell me how a Libertarian will win any national election? What you do is whine and complain never really having a seat at the table. Gruber might as well named Libertarians in his statement as well.
    So. You're not a Republican, you don't like Republicans, you doubt Republicans will do the right thing, but you vote Republican. Why? Because voting for someone that actually espouses your principles would be a waste.


  10. #1210
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,647

    Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    So. You're not a Republican, you don't like Republicans, you doubt Republicans will do the right thing, but you vote Republican. Why? Because voting for someone that actually espouses your principles would be a waste.

    If only he'd embrace that truth. I'm glad he's able to sacrifice principle, but he still is too much of a true believer for me.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •