Page 107 of 143 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1422

Thread: Stupidity of the American Voter?

  1. #1061
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Can you tell me when the civil war ended?
    The Civil War ended in 1865, and the so-called Progressive Era is between the 1890-1920.

    Yeah?

  2. #1062
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    "Can you tell me when the civil war ended?

    Can you tell me when the Progressives had their great victory in the direct election of Senators?

    Can you tell me how many years, feel free to round to decades if that is easier for you, passed between those two events?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    The Civil War ended in 1865, and the so-called Progressive Era is between the 1890-1920.

    Yeah?
    One out of two ain't bad.
    The 17th Amendment removing the states from any power at the federal level occurred in 1913. How many years were there between 1865, the end of the civil war, and 1913, the beginning of the end of the nation as a country founded upon limited government?


    Then explain your civil war connection. If you can.

  3. #1063
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's still cheaper than paying a living wage to workers.
    Love how liberals believe they know what a living wage is for everyone else and how liberals always buy the rhetoric from others who don't have a clue as well. Let's face it, Gruber nailed it

  4. #1064
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,578

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I must admit, I am not familiar with executive privilege, and I won't begin to defend it. It's been around, and it's been used, but I don't know where it comes from and how it came into existence. The Affordable Care Act has, so far, been upheld as Constitutional.
    Even though the SCOTUS upheld it, it is still not anywhere in the Constitution. Is slavery in there? They upheld that too.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  5. #1065
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,578

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Love how liberals believe they know what a living wage is for everyone else and how liberals always buy the rhetoric from others who don't have a clue as well. Let's face it, Gruber nailed it
    Funny how they want companies, like Walmart, to pay more than the market rate for their workforce. If that's their philosophy, I'm sure they can come up with plenty of examples of liberals demanding to pay more than the asking price for goods at stores, like Walmart, so that these beloved workers can be over paid like they want.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #1066
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Even though the SCOTUS upheld it, it is still not anywhere in the Constitution. Is slavery in there? They upheld that too.
    The Constitution does not spell out every possible thing Congress can do. It's a guideline.

    And hold on. First of all, don't compare slavery to a bill that attempts to improve health care for everyone in the country. That's dumb as ****.

    Secondly, building tanks isn't in there either. Flying drones. I don't recall the CIA being in the Constitution. What about Air Force One? I don't recall that being written in by the Founders either.

    Let's try to argue above a grade school level here, please.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  7. #1067
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Love how liberals believe they know what a living wage is for everyone else and how liberals always buy the rhetoric from others who don't have a clue as well. Let's face it, Gruber nailed it
    That's the funniest part of this whole brew-ha-ha: Gruber was referring to the neo-communists, more than any other group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #1068
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    The Constitution does not spell out every possible thing Congress can do. It's a guideline.

    And hold on. First of all, don't compare slavery to a bill that attempts to improve health care for everyone in the country. That's dumb as ****.

    Secondly, building tanks isn't in there either. Flying drones. I don't recall the CIA being in the Constitution. What about Air Force One? I don't recall that being written in by the Founders either.

    Let's try to argue above a grade school level here, please.
    Obamacare was never intended to improve healthcare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #1069
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obamacare was never intended to improve healthcare.
    Or lower costs for those of us who didn't need an entitlement program to pay for our healthcare.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  10. #1070
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obamacare was never intended to improve healthcare.
    Sure it was - for the entire country, though. The ACA improves health care by involving everyone. The more people with health care, the better off this country will be.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •