Page 101 of 143 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1422

Thread: Stupidity of the American Voter?

  1. #1001
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Limited of course. I said checks and balances - that's the entire idea.
    What limits does the Constitution, as written, place on the Federal government? Compare your (honest) answer with today's situation. We are no longer under the Constitution. We are under a lawless regime.

  2. #1002
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really don't understand personal responsibility and a limited central govt. do you? You think it is the Federal Government's responsibility to handle social issues? It doesn't appear that you have any understanding as to the role of the Federal Govt. A good civics and history class would help you
    Are you saying it's not their role because you say it's not? Because they are handling social issues... lots of them.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  3. #1003
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    What limits does the Constitution, as written, place on the Federal government? Compare your (honest) answer with today's situation. We are no longer under the Constitution. We are under a lawless regime.
    A lawless regime? Wow, I just checked out of my window but I don't see the riots starting yet. Please, keep me posted.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #1004
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, down the line they do. Walmart, for example, is a fortune 500 company. Want me to show you them getting in trouble using illegals?

    How many Fortune 500 companies pad their profits by hiring illegal aliens?
    Examiner ^ | January 5th, 2011 3 | Dave Gibson

    Posted on 1/5/2011, 2:04:06 PM by moonshinner_09

    The following is a short list of U.S. companies caught with illegal aliens in their employ:

    How many Fortune 500 companies pad their profits by hiring illegal aliens?
    Franchises? LOL. Cool beans.

    Or, let me guess, they hired an outside company to do something for them, like clean thee bathrooms and the company they hired used illegals.

    Still, make the CEO and char of the board of directors personally liable and make the penalty high and proportionate.

  5. #1005
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    A lawless regime? Wow, I just checked out of my window but I don't see the riots starting yet. Please, keep me posted.
    I suppose the rebellion, should it come, will be correctly identified as a lagging indicator. I believe this will begin with assassinations. Most won't make the news.

  6. #1006
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Are you saying it's not their role because you say it's not? Because they are handling social issues... lots of them.
    Yes, that is exactly what Congress has decided to do, not what our Founders created. What politicians found is that they can buy votes by creating more dependence and Gruber said what most of the liberal elite believes. It really is too bad that people like you continue to defend a group of people who thinks the liberal base is stupid. When the liberal base votes like they do then they prove Gruber's statements correct

  7. #1007
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Franchises? LOL. Cool beans.

    Or, let me guess, they hired an outside company to do something for them, like clean thee bathrooms and the company they hired used illegals.

    Still, make the CEO and char of the board of directors personally liable and make the penalty high and proportionate.
    Doesn't matter how they did it, they used low wage workers, and some were illegals. This is not good for working people.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1008
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    "What limits does the Constitution, as written, place on the Federal government? Compare your (honest) answer with today's situation. We are no longer under the Constitution. We are under a lawless regime."
    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    A lawless regime? Wow, I just checked out of my window but I don't see the riots starting yet. Please, keep me posted.
    Because it is you I was reasonably certain you would not be able to answer honestly.

  9. #1009
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what Congress has decided to do, not what our Founders created. What politicians found is that they can buy votes by creating more dependence and Gruber said what most of the liberal elite believes. It really is too bad that people like you continue to defend a group of people who thinks the liberal base is stupid. When the liberal base votes like they do then they prove Gruber's statements correct
    You don't speak for the Founding Fathers and to pretend like you know where they would stand on social issues is kind of sad.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #1010
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Stupidity of the American Voter?

    "Franchises? LOL. Cool beans.

    Or, let me guess, they hired an outside company to do something for them, like clean the bathrooms and the company they hired used illegals.

    Still, make the CEO and chair of the board of directors personally liable and make the penalty high and proportionate."
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Doesn't matter how they did it, they used low wage workers, and some were illegals. This is not good for working people.
    A franchise is a mom and pop operation.

    What is wrong with using low wage workers?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •