Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 657

Thread: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

  1. #421
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Stop dancing man. Iraq was largely pacified by Obama's first election. By the second we were withdrawing and now there is a freaking country, chalk full of terrorists too extreme for AQ. Thats on Obama. Own it.
    Its not "dancing". Just because it doesnt fall within your narrative of "its ALL OBAMAS FAULT!", does not mean its "dancing". Reality proves otherwise. If numerous large AQ offenses/attacks, and over 4,000 people killed in one year is "pacified" then more power to you I guess.


  2. #422
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Uhh Ok??? You to claim that AQ was defeated is ridiculous. Look at the body county, look at the attacks.
    Since Assad was fighting the Syrian Rebel......who was taking out AQ in Syria?

    Well you seem to only wanna talk about one thing and one thing only, "ITS BO's fault!" while conventatly ignoring the rest of the major factors that got us here into the first place.

    But quick question: What would you of done differently?

    In answer to ah, okay.


    Iraq has arrested at least 240 former members of Saddam Hussein's banned Baath Party and ex-military officers over what some senior officials described as a plot to seize power after U.S. troops withdraw at year's end. While several officials characterized the round-up which began this week as the foiling of a specific plot, others said it was a precautionary measure before the U.S. withdrawal, nearly nine years after the 2003 invasion that ousted Saddam.

    Government officials have long expressed concern that Baathists would try to retake power when U.S. troops depart. "We have arrested a group belonging to the former Baath party that were planning to launch sabotage actions and revolt to topple the political process in the country after withdrawal of American forces," Lieutenant-General Hussein Kamal, Iraq's deputy interior minister for intelligence, told Reuters.

    Iraq has passed legislation designed to partially reverse the U.S. decision in 2003 to purge the government of Baath Party members, but some accuse the Shi'ite-led government of stalling its implementation.....snip~

    Iraq rounds up Baathists ahead of U.S. pullout | Reuters


    Since Assad was fighting the Syrian Rebel......who was taking out AQ in Syria?

    No one has ignored any of the major factors that got us here in the first place. Several people have brought out how the issues have played out. Then I have brought out how it has increased exponentially under BO and his Team.

    I have answered that before and how I would go after terrorists. I would use all available means.

  3. #423
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    In answer to ah, okay.


    Iraq has arrested at least 240 former members of Saddam Hussein's banned Baath Party and ex-military officers over what some senior officials described as a plot to seize power after U.S. troops withdraw at year's end. While several officials characterized the round-up which began this week as the foiling of a specific plot, others said it was a precautionary measure before the U.S. withdrawal, nearly nine years after the 2003 invasion that ousted Saddam.

    Government officials have long expressed concern that Baathists would try to retake power when U.S. troops depart. "We have arrested a group belonging to the former Baath party that were planning to launch sabotage actions and revolt to topple the political process in the country after withdrawal of American forces," Lieutenant-General Hussein Kamal, Iraq's deputy interior minister for intelligence, told Reuters.

    Iraq has passed legislation designed to partially reverse the U.S. decision in 2003 to purge the government of Baath Party members, but some accuse the Shi'ite-led government of stalling its implementation.....snip~

    Iraq rounds up Baathists ahead of U.S. pullout | Reuters
    Whats your point? They passed to "partially reverse"... Not fully? And at the end point they still kept the majority of the ban in part...

    Since Assad was fighting the Syrian Rebel......who was taking out AQ in Syria?
    Assad.


    No one has ignored any of the major factors that got us here in the first place. Several people have brought out how the issues have played out. Then I have brought out how it has increased exponentially under BO and his Team.
    Really? "Several people"? As far as I can tell the only person doing that current has been myself, while the rest who have kept active on this thread you, US Con, Grant and others have been focused on "ITS ALL BO's FAULT!".


    I have answered that before and how I would go after terrorists. I would use all available means.
    "All available means"? So, continuous, just about never ending occupation and war. Sounds like the military industrial complex is in for a big time $$$ maker.


  4. #424
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Stop dancing man. Iraq was largely pacified by Obama's first election. By the second we were withdrawing and now there is a freaking country, chalk full of terrorists too extreme for AQ. Thats on Obama. Own it.
    That Iraq would be a freaking country chalk full of terrorists was a foregone conclusion the minute we invaded that nation.

    You can blame it on Obama if you want, but there was no good solution once the invasion took place, not unless we were prepared to simply wipe the Iraqis from the face of the Earth and repopulate the country with someone else.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #425
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    That Iraq would be a freaking country chalk full of terrorists was a foregone conclusion the minute we invaded that nation.

    You can blame it on Obama if you want, but there was no good solution once the invasion took place, not unless we were prepared to simply wipe the Iraqis from the face of the Earth and repopulate the country with someone else.
    We pacified Iraq, Obama gave that up for votes.

  6. #426
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    We pacified Iraq, Obama gave that up for votes.
    So you keep saying.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #427
    Guru
    Hari Seldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,585

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Yea, its all Obama's fault. 2 years left then you will have to come up with something else.
    Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    Isaac Asimov

  8. #428
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    How do you know that? Why would that have mattered?
    You can't go back in the past and play "what would have happened if..." with any level of absolute certainty. However, the number of US troops occupying Iraq because we didn't like the government they had before would tell me that it's unlikely anyone would be put in power by any means without at least the tacit approval of the United States.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #429
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    He lost the peace. And he did it for votes.
    Yeah, he did what he said he would do when campaigning. He got elected. So I'd say that a pretty good portion of Americans that voted for him wanted out of Iraq.

    Government of the people by the people isn't only when Repubs win.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #430
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    We pacified Iraq, Obama gave that up for votes.
    So stay in Iraq, forget the wishes of the American people, and forget the sovereignty of Iraq. You're just proving that Conservatives had no intention of ever having a sovereign Iraq.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •