Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 657

Thread: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

  1. #161
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    44,145

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    And yet you choose to namedrop bush. Why do you think that is?
    Because anyone who denies that the ill thought-out and ill-advised invasion wasn't the main reason for the power vacuum in Iraq is delusional.

  2. #162
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    You claim I was an "Obama apologist" while clearly I am not.
    Was.... past tense? Something changed?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #163
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    71,590

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Except they were not.
    Saddam killed more per year than Bush, by anyone's estimation. 5 years of Bush is a big deal, but 20 years of Saddam obliterating social capital and removing all hope of justice is meh?

  4. #164
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    71,590

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Because anyone who denies that the ill thought-out and ill-advised invasion wasn't the main reason for the power vacuum in Iraq is delusional.
    The power vacuum was created by 20 years of the worst dictatorship on Earth. That power vacuum is social capital.

    Maintaining a genocidal dictatorship and institutionalized rape for another few years would have helped? No, it would have further obliterated what little social capital remained.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    "Namedropping"? Because you only hold one side "responsible" while conveniently ignoring the other side.
    You claim I was an "Obama apologist" while clearly I am not.
    I ignored nobody. ISIS wasn't a state until Obama. Bush isnt the current POTUS. Should we blame Clinton?

  6. #166
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 11:48 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Was.... past tense? Something changed?
    Am. Wanna get all grammar nazi on me


  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Because anyone who denies that the ill thought-out and ill-advised invasion wasn't the main reason for the power vacuum in Iraq is delusional.
    ISIS has flourished under Obama, not Bush. Facts, Kobie-are stubborn things.

  8. #168
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 11:48 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Saddam killed more per year than Bush, by anyone's estimation. 5 years of Bush is a big deal, but 20 years of Saddam obliterating social capital and removing all hope of justice is meh?
    Ok. That does not change my rational and acceptance/agreeing with the invasion of Iraq.


  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Am. Wanna get all grammar nazi on me
    I dont think that was his point.

  10. #170
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 11:48 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: CNN: 1,500 more troops to Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    ISIS has flourished under Obama, not Bush. Facts, Kobie-are stubborn things.
    Terrorism in Iraq wasnt around when Bush was in office? Actually terrorism did not exist in Iraq before Bush decided to invade.


Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •