Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 557

Thread: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

  1. #481
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    You can't do that in public.
    No, I cannot. Public health hazard. See, it's when my actions start to cause harm to others that someone steps in to stop me.

    So what harm to others does two men signing a marriage contract cause?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #482
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Do Gays really want to tempt fate like that?
    Uhh, do you? Because that's what you're supporting. Ignore individual liberty, throw out the constitution, because Lord WCH says someone else's actions are icky.

    What if 51% of the population decides Christianity is icky?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #483
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    What good does society receive by not allowing two men to sign a marriage contract?
    It is good for society to endorse the behavioral expectations it deems desirable and it is not good for society to be forced to endorse behaviors that it does not wish to endorse. While I think those states that endorse homosexual marriage have lost their minds, it is their right to do that just as it is the right of my state to just say no to the insanity.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  4. #484
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    It is good for society to endorse the behavioral expectations it deems desirable and it is not good for society to be forced to endorse behaviors that it does not wish to endorse. While I think those states that endorse homosexual marriage have lost their minds, it is their right to do that just as it is the right of my state to just say no to the insanity.
    Listen, when I ask for some identified benefit, and you say something like this, all I can conclude is that you can't actually name a benefit. "It's good because they want it that way" is not an answer. Like I asked WCH, what happens when 51% of the population decides they don't want to endorse Christianity? These aren't good enough justifications for the government to make this kind of distinction. You? You can decide these things for yourself based on whatever you like. You can decide homosexuality is an abomination because cats have fur. That's good enough for your personal opinion, that's not good enough for government action.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #485
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, I cannot. Public health hazard. See, it's when my actions start to cause harm to others that someone steps in to stop me.

    So what harm to others does two men signing a marriage contract cause?
    Generally performing their gay acts in public. [back to vile and disgusting]
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  6. #486
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Uhh, do you? Because that's what you're supporting. Ignore individual liberty, throw out the constitution, because Lord WCH says someone else's actions are icky.

    What if 51% of the population decides Christianity is icky?
    Put it up for a vote.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  7. #487
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Listen, when I ask for some identified benefit, and you say something like this, all I can conclude is that you can't actually name a benefit. "It's good because they want it that way" is not an answer. Like I asked WCH, what happens when 51% of the population decides they don't want to endorse Christianity? These aren't good enough justifications for the government to make this kind of distinction. You? You can decide these things for yourself based on whatever you like. You can decide homosexuality is an abomination because cats have fur. That's good enough for your personal opinion, that's not good enough for government action.
    In Texas, it was the will of the people [about 71%] who made that distinction. We demanded the government impose that law.

    WE felt it was a better way forward for OUR state.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  8. #488
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,984

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    It's a good question whether these so-called "harms" are overshadowed by the good that society receives from maintaining traditional marriage. I think the clear answer is "yes", despite his fears about the "harms" that affect the children of homosexual couples since homosexual unions don't produce children.
    You cannot prove any "good" in maintaining "traditional" marriages as the only recognized marriages though, so it doesn't matter. Homosexual couples getting legally married will not hinder reproduction in any way
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #489
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,984

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    If it's considered to be vile, disgusting and/ or criminal...we certainly do get to vote it away. That'z freedom.
    No you don't. That is not how our laws, constitution works.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #490
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No you don't. That is not how our laws, constitution works.
    Revisionists like yourself did away with the original.

    Remember states rights? the 10th amendment?
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •