Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 557

Thread: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

  1. #361
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,689

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Which has nothing to do with why you would track legal relationships. Adopted children and their children are still considered legal relations of their adopting parents.
    Genealogy tracks parents insofar as they share genetic code with their offspring. Genealogy is mostly interested in blood relationships and heterosexual marriage produces genetic offspring that connect the married couple. This can't happen with homosexual relationships.

    But your argument is rather circular. You are essentially saying that the state has an interest in tracking legal relationships that the state has made into legal relationships. You need to answer why the state needs marriage to be legally binding in the first place.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #362
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    3. Because the real goal is "normalization" of homosexuality, not "equal rights", which already exist.
    If that's true, why wouldn't more than 10% marry? Don't you think that would "normalize" it? Trust me though, for our own sanity we have to early on stop giving a damn what heteros think about us.

    Even if it were true, what's wrong it being normalized? You keep throwing out this albatross without explaining what's so terrible about it.

  3. #363
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    If that's true, why wouldn't more than 10% marry? Don't you think that would "normalize" it? Trust me though, for our own sanity we have to early on stop giving a damn what heteros think about us.

    Even if it were true, what's wrong it being normalized? You keep throwing out this albatross without explaining what's so terrible about it.
    For the most part, "heteros" only think about you when you make them think about you. Demanding that marriage be redefined to make it genderless would be one of those things that makes heteros "think about you".

    The reason why less than 10% of homosexuals marry in countries where homosexual marriages are sanctioned is because most homosexuals don't want to be married. They just want to say that it's no different than heterosexuality. Now "why" that would be is something we'll never be able to discuss honestly, I'm sure, but a good clue would be that homosexuals would be very, very happy if more people were homosexual. As much pissing and moaning about how hard life is as a homosexual and "why would anyone choose this sort of awful life" hand-wringing, any mention of a genetic fix that would prevent babies from being homosexual brings down hell's fury from homosexuals on anyone suggesting such an awful thing. That should be enough to point people toward the truth of the matter. Homosexuals want to encourage homosexuality. And "normalizing" homosexuality makes it easier to do that. My own brother has tried the "recruitment" routine. I still remember the big kerfuffle when his "curious" boyfriend wouldn't tell his parents that he was queer. His boyfriend gave up the homosexual experimentation after that and went on to get married and start a family.

    This is the dirty secret that homosexuals will never admit as long as there are any states that maintain traditional marriage requirements. It's all about normalization of homosexuality and the reason that's so important is because it makes it easier to recruit anyone that's confused or weak minded. It means a larger pool of potential sex partners. It means more members of the "GLBT community".
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  4. #364
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    For the most part, "heteros" only think about you when you make them think about you. Demanding that marriage be redefined to make it genderless would be one of those things that makes heteros "think about you".

    The reason why less than 10% of homosexuals marry in countries where homosexual marriages are sanctioned is because most homosexuals don't want to be married. They just want to say that it's no different than heterosexuality. Now "why" that would be is something we'll never be able to discuss honestly, I'm sure, but a good clue would be that homosexuals would be very, very happy if more people were homosexual. As much pissing and moaning about how hard life is as a homosexual and "why would anyone choose this sort of awful life" hand-wringing, any mention of a genetic fix that would prevent babies from being homosexual brings down hell's fury from homosexuals on anyone suggesting such an awful thing. That should be enough to point people toward the truth of the matter. Homosexuals want to encourage homosexuality. And "normalizing" homosexuality makes it easier to do that. My own brother has tried the "recruitment" routine. I still remember the big kerfuffle when his "curious" boyfriend wouldn't tell his parents that he was queer. His boyfriend gave up the homosexual experimentation after that and went on to get married and start a family.

    This is the dirty secret that homosexuals will never admit as long as there are any states that maintain traditional marriage requirements. It's all about normalization of homosexuality and the reason that's so important is because it makes it easier to recruit anyone that's confused or weak minded. It means a larger pool of potential sex partners. It means more members of the "GLBT community".
    And have you been "recruited?"

    By the way, I think you could have squeezed at least six more uses of the word "homosexual" into your post.

  5. #365
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    And have you been "recruited?"

    By the way, I think you could have squeezed at least six more uses of the word "homosexual" into your post.
    I probably could have if squeezing more uses for the word homosexual was important. And no, I wasn't recruited, but more than one homosexual gave it a try. Living in the French Quarter of New Orleans, Midtown, Atlanta and having a militant homosexual brother meant lots of exposure to "the GLBT community".
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  6. #366
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I probably could have if squeezing more uses for the word homosexual was important. And no, I wasn't recruited, but more than one homosexual gave it a try. Living in the French Quarter of New Orleans, Midtown, Atlanta and having a militant homosexual brother meant lots of exposure to "the GLBT community".
    So some gay dudes hit on you.

  7. #367
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    So some gay dudes hit on you.
    If you can't refute it, trivialize it.

    Excellent.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  8. #368
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    If you can't refute it, trivialize it.

    Excellent.
    I don't mean to trivialize your pain. Being hit on by a guy must have been, like, the worst thing ever. We're just happy you made it through with your sanity intact

  9. #369
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well, it's really really trivial.
    Thank you so much for sharing.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  10. #370
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,511

    Re: Appeals court upholds laws against gay marriage in Michigan, 3 other states

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    For the most part, "heteros" only think about you when you make them think about you. Demanding that marriage be redefined to make it genderless would be one of those things that makes heteros "think about you".

    The reason why less than 10% of homosexuals marry in countries where homosexual marriages are sanctioned is because most homosexuals don't want to be married. They just want to say that it's no different than heterosexuality. Now "why" that would be is something we'll never be able to discuss honestly, I'm sure, but a good clue would be that homosexuals would be very, very happy if more people were homosexual. As much pissing and moaning about how hard life is as a homosexual and "why would anyone choose this sort of awful life" hand-wringing, any mention of a genetic fix that would prevent babies from being homosexual brings down hell's fury from homosexuals on anyone suggesting such an awful thing. That should be enough to point people toward the truth of the matter. Homosexuals want to encourage homosexuality. And "normalizing" homosexuality makes it easier to do that. My own brother has tried the "recruitment" routine. I still remember the big kerfuffle when his "curious" boyfriend wouldn't tell his parents that he was queer. His boyfriend gave up the homosexual experimentation after that and went on to get married and start a family.

    This is the dirty secret that homosexuals will never admit as long as there are any states that maintain traditional marriage requirements. It's all about normalization of homosexuality and the reason that's so important is because it makes it easier to recruit anyone that's confused or weak minded. It means a larger pool of potential sex partners. It means more members of the "GLBT community".
    You seem to spend a lot of time conjuring up gay fantasies.
    "Trump voters will let Donald crap in their mouths if it meant the liberal next to them had to smell it"

Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •