Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 76

Thread: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama acknowledged on Wednesday that "Republicans had a good night" with sweeping election victories in Congress and said he got a clear message from voters that it was his responsibility to break a Washington gridlock.

    "As president, I have a unique responsibility to try and make this town work," the Democratic president said at a White House news conference. "So, to everyone who voted, I want you to know that I hear you." .....snip~

    Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'


    Did someone else hear that bit on BO agreeing with anyone? Cuz I have known many that would say that they hear ya? Or heard you. But that doesn't mean they listened. Sometimes it requires more than just talking to get ones full and undivided attention. Repubs can't just talk. What say ye?

  2. #2
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama acknowledged on Wednesday that "Republicans had a good night" with sweeping election victories in Congress and said he got a clear message from voters that it was his responsibility to break a Washington gridlock.

    "As president, I have a unique responsibility to try and make this town work," the Democratic president said at a White House news conference. "So, to everyone who voted, I want you to know that I hear you." .....snip~

    Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'


    Did someone else hear that bit on BO agreeing with anyone? Cuz I have known many that would say that they hear ya? Or heard you. But that doesn't mean they listened. Sometimes it requires more than just talking to get ones full and undivided attention. Repubs can't just talk. What say ye?
    What say me? Well, the exit polls indicate that 76% of the voters are dissatisfied with our republican led congress. So, what do we do? We elect MORE of them. I say we get what we deserve.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama acknowledged on Wednesday that "Republicans had a good night" with sweeping election victories in Congress and said he got a clear message from voters that it was his responsibility to break a Washington gridlock.

    "As president, I have a unique responsibility to try and make this town work," the Democratic president said at a White House news conference. "So, to everyone who voted, I want you to know that I hear you." .....snip~

    Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'


    Did someone else hear that bit on BO agreeing with anyone? Cuz I have known many that would say that they hear ya? Or heard you. But that doesn't mean they listened. Sometimes it requires more than just talking to get ones full and undivided attention. Repubs can't just talk. What say ye?
    One of the bigger reasons for the democrats loss was their insitance on going forward with immigration in the wake of the huge numbers of illegal kids coming across. So, what does Obama say? He's preparing to go forward with executive action - which will almost certainly include delayed or completely stopping detainments of those caught. Sure. He hears the voters alright.

    Edit: Then he has the claim that he's open to cooperation... No better way to show you are ready for cooperation with the other side then to sign executive action that is just going to piss most of the other side (and many of their own constituents) off and make them less likely to cooperate. Maybe that's his plan?
    Last edited by buck; 11-05-14 at 05:42 PM.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,559

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    What say me? Well, the exit polls indicate that 76% of the voters are dissatisfied with our republican led congress. So, what do we do? We elect MORE of them. I say we get what we deserve.
    Harry Reid is a republican? Last time I checked the Republican lead house was passing bills left and right while the democrat led senate refused to even bring those bills to the floor. Obviously the electorate thought that the democrats were the real obstructionists. The GOP now has to make passing legistaion the #1 priority or we will lose just as bad in 2016 as the democrats did this year

  5. #5
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    Harry Reid is a republican? Last time I checked the Republican lead house was passing bills left and right while the democrat led senate refused to even bring those bills to the floor. Obviously the electorate thought that the democrats were the real obstructionists. The GOP now has to make passing legistaion the #1 priority or we will lose just as bad in 2016 as the democrats did this year
    I stand corrected. I was thinking Senate.

    These senior moments are starting to come more frequently these days.

    But, my point remains. People are very unhappy with republicans, (as well as with democrats, IMO) and the voters, by majority, do not want the GOP ideology treading on them. So, what do they do? Elect more republicans. That makes real good sense. Not.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #6
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,980
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    What says I?




    I say this.



    We have acted. First, we acted to remove the democrats, and voted in a bunch of republicans, and a republican president. No change, or worse than before. So we acted again, and voted to oust those republicans for more democrats. No change, or worse than before. And we now act again. To flip the house again.


    Will there be a change, and if there is, will it just be worse than before?


    How many times will it take before we see the futility of it?

    Well, republicans? How many times are you willing to risk it? Democrats? How many times? How much is your skin worth? How many more chances do you think you're going to get?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,559

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I stand corrected. I was thinking Senate.

    These senior moments are starting to come more frequently these days.

    But, my point remains. People are very unhappy with republicans, (as well as with democrats, IMO) and the voters, by majority, do not want the GOP ideology treading on them. So, what do they do? Elect more republicans. That makes real good sense. Not.
    Im sure there are plenty of other moderates that dont want to be treaded on by the democrat ideology. The exit polls show a confusing picture at best, they show the electorate that voted was split on gay marriage indicating a more conservative group than the national opinion yet they also show the electorate favoring abortion indicating a more liberal view than the national opinion. How many people are anti-gay marriage and pro-abortion? That is the type of mixed message you can get during a mid term

  8. #8
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,559

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    What says I?




    I say this.



    We have acted. First, we acted to remove the democrats, and voted in a bunch of republicans, and a republican president. No change, or worse than before. So we acted again, and voted to oust those republicans for more democrats. No change, or worse than before. And we now act again. To flip the house again.


    Will there be a change, and if there is, will it just be worse than before?


    How many times will it take before we see the futility of it?

    Well, republicans? How many times are you willing to risk it? Democrats? How many times? How much is your skin worth? How many more chances do you think you're going to get?
    Considering this has been going on for about 150 years, I wouldnt count on seeing a change anytime soon.

  9. #9
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,691

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    He will give in more than in the past, but Republicans thinking this will give them carte blanche with the President's key legislation will have a good reality check. Republicans can expect passing a limited amount of legislation easily. Start there.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    One of the bigger reasons for the democrats loss was their insitance on going forward with immigration in the wake of the huge numbers of illegal kids coming across. So, what does Obama say? He's preparing to go forward with executive action - which will almost certainly include delayed or completely stopping detainments of those caught. Sure. He hears the voters alright.

    Edit: Then he has the claim that he's open to cooperation... No better way to show you are ready for cooperation with the other side then to sign executive action that is just going to piss most of the other side (and many of their own constituents) off and make them less likely to cooperate. Maybe that's his plan?

    Heya Buck. McConnell has already warned BO don't try that it would be a big mistake. Plus he told BO Repubs want to work on Immigration.

    But we have heard this all before from BO......call in leadership of the Repubs. Do a lil talking chucking and jiving and then walk Right out and blame them, talk about how their ideas don't work but never trying them. Always doing what he can to make them look bad. Make it appear like he negotiated on something and then never compromise with them unless it favors where he comes out looking good. He will work with anyone. Rinse and repeat.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •