Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

  1. #21
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,157

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    It's different now. Politics hasn't been a multi billion dollar a year industry for 150 years. It hasn't ever been more clear than in the last 10 years who our politicians truly serve.
    This is true. Which is why I don't see what the big deal is going to be electing one corporatist party over the other.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah.....and that's why the Repubs can't just talk. They do have another thing going for them. That's 33 governorships. With 2 pending.....that's would be 2/3rds majority of States and populace with a full Congress. Something the Demos and BO would have to think about.

    Did Boehner have anything to say about his call from BO?
    I haven't heard anything from Boehner.

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    What say me? Well, the exit polls indicate that 76% of the voters are dissatisfied with our republican led congress. So, what do we do? We elect MORE of them. I say we get what we deserve.
    I don't know what the ballots looked like in other states, but if they looked anything like the one here in AL, it's no wonder Republicans won! They pretty much ran unopposed here.

    http://alabamavotes.gov/downloads/el...014-Sample.pdf

    It's not that I'm upset about the outcome. I mean, except in cases of a tie you really can't dispute the people's choices in those contests were there were two candidates to choose from. But in those instances where a Republican ran unopposed, how could you expect anything less than a victory in such cases?

    The Democrat Party either failed to put up a viable candidate or any candidate at all in some cases. Overall, I expected to see more Red across the country. I just hope the GOP starts to govern better instead of sticking to stringent partisanship.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 11-05-14 at 09:14 PM.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Welcome to politics. I think the question of will the Republicans now decide to work with Obama or not. McConnell has given up on repeal of Obamacare, which is probably a good start.
    I think they should do the vote.. Maybe get a couple of democrats up for reelection next year to flip and join them... Get it put on the president's desk and have him veto it.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    The part that bothered me the most was where he was getting provocative about going ahead with EO before the year was out. So much for wanting to work with the other side...
    Mornin HBuddha. Did you hear the other thing that BO peep said. He said he also heard the 2/3rds that didn't vote. This is all one needs to hear.....to know that he is full of **** about working with the Repubs. He was doing a lil save face time. He still can't believe this was about him and his policies.

    That he still believes in what he started in 2008. Trully he is a Narcissist. The signs, behavior and his own worda. Bears that out.

    Although.....when he comes back with that Pen line. Someone needs to check his ass with the Question. Do you think you are above the Law? As in whoa Mr President, did you just say you were above the law. Right there in front of the Media coverage. Then watch how much stuttering he does.

  6. #26
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,347

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin HBuddha. Did you hear the other thing that BO peep said. He said he also heard the 2/3rds that didn't vote. This is all one needs to hear.....to know that he is full of **** about working with the Repubs. He was doing a lil save face time. He still can't believe this was about him and his policies.

    That he still believes in what he started in 2008. Trully he is a Narcissist. The signs, behavior and his own worda. Bears that out.

    Although.....when he comes back with that Pen line. Someone needs to check his ass with the Question. Do you think you are above the Law? As in whoa Mr President, did you just say you were above the law. Right there in front of the Media coverage. Then watch how much stuttering he does.
    Greetings, MMC.

    I wonder what it was exactly that he thinks he heard from the silent 2/3's of the people who didn't bother to vote? They didn't care enough to get out of bed; they believed the pollsters that it was going to be a Republican landslide and figured 'why bother'; or they silently figured that might be a good thing and why vote against it;.... or what?

    The Dems were frantically trying to get Dems registered to vote, and to get out there and vote, but it didn't matter - they didn't care. Losing the Governorship of Illinois, Obama's home State where he and Michelle both campaigned, had to really hurt, but he heard the 2/3rds of the people? Hogwash! He really should think about the millions of people across the country who did care enough to vote, and consider why they voted the way they did! Whitewashing on his part can't change the results. Unusual spinning tactic, though, and a sign from him that he intends to keep doing what he wants to do, and the hell with everyone else! Welcome to la-la land - it must be a comfortable place to hide and ignore reality!

  7. #27
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,861
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, MMC.

    I wonder what it was exactly that he thinks he heard from the silent 2/3's of the people who didn't bother to vote? They didn't care enough to get out of bed; they believed the pollsters that it was going to be a Republican landslide and figured 'why bother'; or they silently figured that might be a good thing and why vote against it;.... or what?

    The Dems were frantically trying to get Dems registered to vote, and to get out there and vote, but it didn't matter - they didn't care. Losing the Governorship of Illinois, Obama's home State where he and Michelle both campaigned, had to really hurt, but he heard the 2/3rds of the people? Hogwash! He really should think about the millions of people across the country who did care enough to vote, and consider why they voted the way they did! Whitewashing on his part can't change the results. Unusual spinning tactic, though, and a sign from him that he intends to keep doing what he wants to do, and the hell with everyone else! Welcome to la-la land - it must be a comfortable place to hide and ignore reality!
    Funny. When I heard Obama say that, I came away with the compelling impression of 'I hear you, but I'm going to ignore you', which would be right in his character and the track record that he's established to date. Next this you hear is that he's planning an Illegal Alien Amnesty Executive Order before the end of the year. THe Amnesty question is one where the largest percentage of the electorate from all demographics are against.

    So, yea, 'I hear you, but I'm going to ignore you'.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  8. #28
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,959
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    What say me? Well, the exit polls indicate that 76% of the voters are dissatisfied with our republican led congress. So, what do we do? We elect MORE of them. I say we get what we deserve.
    I wouldn't say it is just the Republicans, I mean, generally people have had it with incumbents and Congressional approval rating is in the teens if I recall correctly. And yet people still vote the same way. However, we really have to ask why that occurs. I think that at least a part of it has to do with the two-party system itself. You don't really have any other options. You can get screwed over one way by Candidate A or screwed another way by Candidate B.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, MMC.

    I wonder what it was exactly that he thinks he heard from the silent 2/3's of the people who didn't bother to vote? They didn't care enough to get out of bed; they believed the pollsters that it was going to be a Republican landslide and figured 'why bother'; or they silently figured that might be a good thing and why vote against it;.... or what?

    The Dems were frantically trying to get Dems registered to vote, and to get out there and vote, but it didn't matter - they didn't care. Losing the Governorship of Illinois, Obama's home State where he and Michelle both campaigned, had to really hurt, but he heard the 2/3rds of the people? Hogwash! He really should think about the millions of people across the country who did care enough to vote, and consider why they voted the way they did! Whitewashing on his part can't change the results. Unusual spinning tactic, though, and a sign from him that he intends to keep doing what he wants to do, and the hell with everyone else! Welcome to la-la land - it must be a comfortable place to hide and ignore reality!


    Mornin Lady P. Well, he thinks those that voted only make up 1/3rd of the population and that all 2/3rds were still with him. Downplaying the overwhelming crushing defeat in all areas.....That He and his party took. Someone in the Media should have jacked his ass. Right then and there. Interrupting him and then putting him into that gotcha moment.




    Obviously, Republicans had a good night. And they deserve credit for running good campaigns. Beyond that, I’ll leave it to all of you and the professional pundits to pick through yesterday’s results.

    What stands out to me, though, is that the American people sent a message, one that they’ve sent for several elections now. They expect the people they elect to work as hard as they do. They expect us to focus on their ambitions and not ours. They want us to get the job done. All of us in both parties have a responsibility to address that sentiment.

    Still, as president, I have a unique responsibility to try and make this town work. So, to everyone who voted, I want you to know that I hear you. To the two-thirds of voters who chose not to participate in the process yesterday, I hear you, too......snip~

    Transcript: President Obama

  10. #30
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama to voters after Republican sweep of Congress: 'I hear you'......

    I think he heard what people said with their votes - he just doesn't care.

    The GOP would do best by making Obama's veto pens run out of ink. Let him veto hundreds of bills, regardless if the veto's can be overturned or not.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •