Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 235

Thread: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

  1. #201
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    It goes into their drinking water.

    R U obtuse, or just not paying attention?
    Post a link about drinking water that is contaminaed with man made chemicals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Because they don't get the fluid splashed on their clothes everyday.

    Have you heard of accidents in the workplace? They do happen. The man who showed up at the ER in Colorado had suffered a workplace accident. Is that beyond your understanding?
    Any idea how many work related injuries have been directly related to fracking? It's been around for over 60 years so there should be quite a pile of them by now. http://globalenergyinitiative.org/in...ntroversy.html

  3. #203
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    That was quite in depth trucker. Do you really understand the jest of your link?

    Slideshare doesn't allow copy paste for non-members. They said right in there that they found 5 instances for dirty water over the Barnett shale (under my house). One was faulty cement casing, three instances of faulty drill casings, and one faulty well. I don't trust them for a minute. All they claimed was that they found no instances of water contamination from gases migrating up from a mile or more beneath the surface. The study is from 2012. It proves nothing.

    Look up the multiple instances of earthquakes near Azle, Texas (not far from me). Many, many of them in an area that never had one before in recorded history. When the earth shakes, the gases can rise.

    Beside, your study is on gases, it's liquids that I've been referring to.
    So you're starting off by inferring that I don't understand what I posted, then you feel the need to dismiss it because it doesn't agree with you, yet, we are supposed to believe and hold definitive a group of doctors that banded together all holding borderline extremist views on energy, and many other liberal left views on policy, and trust that out of hand....Sorry dude, that's called hackery.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #204
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,475

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    It goes into their drinking water.

    R U obtuse, or just not paying attention?
    Do you even know what you are talking about?

    When do you think fracking began? It's been in practice in the gas fields in this country since the 1930's, o far I have been unable to document any water contamination at all.

    If you can, do. I doubt you can supply a credible link.

    This is like the outrage from states like Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio, and all of the middle west and south, over the Keystone XL 4 extension Obama has to wage war over, they don't even know that Keystone in those states has been in place for as much as two decades.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  5. #205
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Any idea how many work related injuries have been directly related to fracking? It's been around for over 60 years so there should be quite a pile of them by now. Fracking Has Been around since 1949, Why the Recent Controversy?
    Not a clue. But I promise there has been at least one.

  6. #206
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Do you even know what you are talking about?

    When do you think fracking began? It's been in practice in the gas fields in this country since the 1930's, o far I have been unable to document any water contamination at all.

    If you can, do. I doubt you can supply a credible link.

    This is like the outrage from states like Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio, and all of the middle west and south, over the Keystone XL 4 extension Obama has to wage war over, they don't even know that Keystone in those states has been in place for as much as two decades.
    Let's put it this way--there are quite a few articles being written, have been written, videos made, that contradict your statement in general.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Not a clue. But I promise there has been at least one.
    Don't make promises you can't keep.

    If it was dangerous it's quite likely the unions would be all over it, as well as lawmakers. But i get the strong feeling it's the issue du jour for the leftists and will die out as quickly as the Alar on apples hysteria of a few years back.

  8. #208
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're talking in circles.
    how is it talking in circles,your arguing because drilling is generally safe fracking must be as well,despite the fact they are entirely different methods.

    further the drilling being perfectly safe has been proven false,most recently the bp oil spill,in which the company pretty much refused to clean up its own mess until lawsuits and fines exceeded the cost of fixing it.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  9. #209
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,774

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    I'm still trying to figure out why so many conservatives and libertarians, who claim to be in favor of "local control," are so opposed to Denton's doing precisely that. It seems that for some of them, "local control" only counts if it goes their way. When it goes the opposite way, well, we can't have that.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  10. #210
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    how is it talking in circles,your arguing because drilling is generally safe fracking must be as well,despite the fact they are entirely different methods.

    further the drilling being perfectly safe has been proven false,most recently the bp oil spill,in which the company pretty much refused to clean up its own mess until lawsuits and fines exceeded the cost of fixing it.
    I never claimed that drilling is perfectly safe. Nothing is perfectly safe. You want stop going off on whatever crazy tangent that comes to mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •