Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 235

Thread: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

  1. #181
    unstable genius
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,930

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How do you explain the thousands of people who work on frac sites, everyday, who don't get sick?
    Generally, when they see the skull and crossbones on the label, they tend to handle with extreme care. The problem is that much of that secret sauce is not recouped. It can seep into anywhere that it wants too.

    Don't misunderstand me. I'm not against fracking sites. I just don't want it in my backyard. We won an election to keep it away. We want it to stay away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  2. #182
    unstable genius
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,930

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Would catagorize them as objective?
    Maybe not. But, they do want their patients to be healthy. That cannot be denied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  3. #183
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,027

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    Generally, when they see the skull and crossbones on the label, they tend to handle with extreme care. The problem is that much of that secret sauce is not recouped. It can seep into anywhere that it wants too.

    Don't misunderstand me. I'm not against fracking sites. I just don't want it in my backyard. We won an election to keep it away. We want it to stay away.
    Those chemicals can't ascend vertically 10,000+ feet, through rock.

    So far, the only contamination you've documented is methane..

    Again, why don't the folks on the frac crews get sick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #184
    unstable genius
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,930

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Those chemicals can't ascend vertically 10,000+ feet, through rock.

    So far, the only contamination you've documented is methane..

    Again, why don't the folks on the frac crews get sick?
    I answered your healthy frac crew question already; Careful handling.

    They wanted to erect a drilling tower within 500 feet of my home. That's within earshot. That's not going to happen. I told the city council that I would chain myself to the equipment when they brought it in. I was, and still am serious. Padlock ankle to heavy equipment, hold a .45 ACP in each hand.

    Why .45s?

    Because firing twice is just silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  5. #185
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,836

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    Maybe not. But, they do want their patients to be healthy. That cannot be denied.
    So they have an agenda. Thanks for admitting that.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #186
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,027

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    I answered your healthy frac crew question already; Careful handling.

    They wanted to erect a drilling tower within 500 feet of my home. That's within earshot. That's not going to happen. I told the city council that I would chain myself to the equipment when they brought it in. I was, and still am serious. Padlock ankle to heavy equipment, hold a .45 ACP in each hand.

    Why .45s?

    Because firing twice is just silly.
    Careful handling? If people near frac sites are getting sick from fumes, the people ON the frac sites should be getting sick too.

    You do all the rest of that crap and they'll take you to jail and drill the well, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #187
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,836

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    I answered your healthy frac crew question already; Careful handling.

    They wanted to erect a drilling tower within 500 feet of my home. That's within earshot. That's not going to happen. I told the city council that I would chain myself to the equipment when they brought it in. I was, and still am serious. Padlock ankle to heavy equipment, hold a .45 ACP in each hand.

    Why .45s?

    Because firing twice is just silly.
    http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/Mar...=save_on_embed

    Fracking is safe end of story.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #188
    unstable genius
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,930

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Careful handling? If people near frac sites are getting sick from fumes, the people ON the frac sites should be getting sick too.

    You do all the rest of that crap and they'll take you to jail and drill the well, anyway.
    I will probably have to go to jail if it comes down to it. I'm willing to risk that in order be on the news to bring more people to my protestations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  9. #189
    unstable genius
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,930

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That was quite in depth trucker. Do you really understand the jest of your link?

    Slideshare doesn't allow copy paste for non-members. They said right in there that they found 5 instances for dirty water over the Barnett shale (under my house). One was faulty cement casing, three instances of faulty drill casings, and one faulty well. I don't trust them for a minute. All they claimed was that they found no instances of water contamination from gases migrating up from a mile or more beneath the surface. The study is from 2012. It proves nothing.

    Look up the multiple instances of earthquakes near Azle, Texas (not far from me). Many, many of them in an area that never had one before in recorded history. When the earth shakes, the gases can rise.

    Beside, your study is on gases, it's liquids that I've been referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  10. #190
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,600

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hold on...you want people to accept this source, when clearly you wouldn't accept anything from the energy industry opposing this view. So why should anyone put stock in such a biased source?
    Because the "energy industry" has a vested interest.

    The situation might be compared to asking one's barber if one "needs" a haircut.

    What do you EXPECT an industry to say? Tell the truth and suffer the consequences, or deceive and maintain the status quo? Drill Baby, Drill.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •